Yomo's Whizbang Potpourri Extravaganza of a Giveaway!

EDIT 26 July 2023: I regret to inform you I am discontinuing this giveaway as of this moment.

EDIT 7 April 2023:  You there, boy!  What day is it?  It's National Coffee Cake Day?  Why then yes, this giveaway IS still going on.

EDIT 30 September 2022: Yup, still going.  I’m not on every day, but I get to it right away when I am.  Thank you to everyone who keeps newcomers in the loop on this!

EDIT (29 March 2022):  You can bet your sweet patootie this is still going on.

EDIT (19 June 2021):  The contest has been won!  And the giveaway remains in effect for as long as I'm around!

EDIT (22 March 2021):  Still in effect, now see the contest on page 4!

EDIT:  This remains in effect and will for an indefinite period of time.  Come get some!

I have decided to give away a portion of my inf for my own inscrutable reasons.  Here's how it works:

1.  You send me an in-game email to @Yomo.

2.  I send you an in-game email with 20mm inf.

FAQ:

Q:  Whut?

A:  Yup.

Q:  Why?

A:  My own inscrutable reasons.

Q:  Can I have more?

A:  Nope, and only one request per global name.

Q:  Can I have less?

A:  Nope, I will not give you one sou less than 20mm.

Q:  What if I have more than one account?

A:  Do as you will.  Make a hundred accounts!  Only one gift per global.

Q:  How long will this last?

A:  Until:  1.  I run out of disposable inf; 2.  I get really bored with it; 3.  Someone seriously griefs me and I stop my giveaway in outrage.  I highly doubt it's going to be the first one.  I'd guess not any time soon(tm), so no rush.

Q:  What's the turnaround?

A:  When I log in, I'll check my emails and respond.  I'm usually on at some point most days.  It will not be instant, but generally within 24-48 hours.

Q:  What if I send you a tell or a message on these boards?

A:  Please don't.  I'm only going to send 20mm checks to those who send me an in-game email.  I'd rather not get drowned in tells, and it certainly won't induce me to send you inf faster.

Q:  Can I tell my friends?

A:  Absolutely.  I'm only going to post this here on the boards, but if you want to tell your friends or SG or whoever is in Local chat, go right ahead.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Who run Bartertown?

Good luck to those who are fast enough the get the inf ! I personally don't need it so I will leave the chance to others to partake in the free money 😃

Just for the funzies, and in the spirit of Yomo's Funstravaganza I will also be giving away 10million inf to the first 10 people who send me an ingame email to @Notabot

MORE FREE MONEY YAYYYYY !!!

September 2020 Edit:
*****Thanks for all the responses guys, I no longer actively play CoH (FOR THE TIME BEING) and your mail will go unnoticed*****

Edited by Seigmoraig

1 hour ago, Seigmoraig said:

Good luck to those who are fast enough the get the inf ! I personally don't need it so I will leave the chance to others to partake in the free money 😃

Just for the funzies, and in the spirit of Yomo's Funstravaganza I will also be giving away 10million inf to the first 10 people who send me an ingame email to @Notabot

MORE FREE MONEY YAYYYYY !!!

No rush.  I expect this to go on for weeks if not months.

Yay to @Seigmoraigfor moar FREEMoney!

Who run Bartertown?

Some of us have been doing this in game for a long time.

FYI Yomo, folks receiving 2 million seem to be more appreciative than those wanting lots more. We've also seen numerous players turn down free start up capital wanting to earn it themselves.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

18 minutes ago, Troo said:

Some of us have been doing this in game for a long time.

FYI Yomo, folks receiving 2 million seem to be more appreciative than those wanting lots more. We've also seen numerous players turn down free start up capital wanting to earn it themselves.

This is exactly why I'm choosing this venue and process.  Giving away an amount that seems just about right to get a new alt started seemed to be the sweet spot and frankly a lot more useful than randomly gifting people who had an outfit I liked or said something funny or won the AH lottery.  I've given away over 100bn in game in 2020, and even though I expect my total outlays from this to be much much less than that, I also expect that this is probably going to better serve the population who really needs it the most.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Who run Bartertown?

2 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

This is exactly why I'm choosing this venue and process.  Giving away an amount that seems just about right to get a new alt started seemed to be the sweet spot and frankly a lot more useful than randomly gifting people who had an outfit I liked or said something funny or won the AH lottery.  I've given away over 100bn in game in 2020, and even though I expect my total outlays from this to be much much less than that, I also expect that this is probably going to better serve the population who really needs it the most.

Fuck I've only given away 20 billion and I thought that was a lot. That's awesome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I’m getting a lot of questions like, “Are you still giving away FREEMoney?”

This offer will remain indefinitely open until I announce otherwise on this thread.  Or unless I am killed and eaten by something higher on the food chain than I am.  And I should note that I am VERY high on the food chain.

For anyone looking for a more specific timetable, let’s say until Labor Day?  That’s probably the time when I am most likely to be stalked and eaten by a shark tiger.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

Last summer, several times I stood by Ms. Liberty and announced I was giving away 7-digit Inf to the first 10 people to come talk to me. Alternately, I would announce a giveaway to whomever came to talk to me under like level 10 AND had the Isolator badge. That one got very few takers.

• Like 1

Thanks, Yomo. You made my new toon's day.:-)

• Like 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

On 6/21/2020 at 1:46 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

I’m getting a lot of questions like, “Are you still giving away FREEMoney?”

This offer will remain indefinitely open until I announce otherwise on this thread.  Or unless I am killed and eaten by something higher on the food chain than I am.  And I should note that I am VERY high on the food chain.

For anyone looking for a more specific timetable, let’s say until Labor Day?  That’s probably the time when I am most likely to be stalked and eaten by a shark tiger.

Contrary to what most people say,
the most dangerous animal in the world
is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant.
It’s a bear holding a  shark

rampaging around eating everything they see.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ura Hero said:

Contrary to what most people say,
the most dangerous animal in the world
is not the lion or the tiger or even the elephant.
It’s a bear holding a  shark

rampaging around eating everything they see.

Owlbears.  Very dangerous.  You go first. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Who run Bartertown?