Gravity?

Perfidy

On 2/1/2024 at 5:21 AM, Perfidy said:

So...um..Gravity? Is there some reason we should monitor this? I was unaware it was an attribute to monitor.

I would like to point out that adding gravity as a controllable variable allows the Homecoming developers to finish the Moon Base zone that Paragon started.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:21 PM, Perfidy said:

image.png.7dfd03749bbb3fc7a2eda78fe73fa674.png

So...um..Gravity? Is there some reason we should monitor this? I was unaware it was an attribute to monitor. 
Probably not worth your time to reply, but I am curious. 

Not a dev, but I have a certain...gravitas.

That's the Attributes Monitor window.  It's just a set of...references into the mass of values currently available in the larger Combat Attributes window.  Which is only some of the many values in the game that we're aware of.  I don't know what is the internal implementation of how the Attributes Monitor window references the particular values it shows from the larger Combat Attributes window.  There are a few possibilities, heavily dependent on how all that data is organized and squirrelled away.

This article has some information, but it may not be up-to-date on the current state of the Combat Attributes window.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Combat_Attributes_Window

Every now and then, there are major changes in the plumbing that affects the Attributes Monitor window.  What used to be up to 10 Attributes values it previously monitored can now be a mixed list of a bunch of blank lines, some Attributes values (but not the ones the player previously selected), and strange unknown items.

Like "Gravity".

Happens more often on the test servers.  When certain changes to the plumbing get released live, the same thing can happen on the live Shards.

Just need to fix the lines in the Attributes Monitor window.  What I do:

• If I can't recall what they were for a toon:
    • Go to my config notes and the section on Attributes Monitor window, as most of the lines are common to all my toons.
    • Or the screenshots I have of toons' tray layouts, which will also have the Attributes Monitor window.
  • Open the larger Combat Attributes window.
  • Stop displaying all in the Monitor window.  Without any monitoring set, it will disappear.
  • In the Combat Attributes window, select the values to monitor.
    • Starting with:  Base > Last Hit Chance
    • And so on.

On 2/1/2024 at 2:21 PM, Perfidy said:

image.png.7dfd03749bbb3fc7a2eda78fe73fa674.png

Probably not worth your time to reply, but I am curious. 

Lots of non-answers in this thread. I appreciate the levity like anyone else but lets try to answer the question at the same time.

Gravity was 'recently' introduced for a change in Super-Jump, I believe, where 'gravity' would kick in and change the height/arc of the jump. It has no practical use that I know of (someone correct me) and thus no need to track or worry about it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later
On 2/6/2024 at 6:19 PM, Lockely said:

spacer.png

I thought all that "mavity" stuff was just idiotic.  "Gravity" defined as the attraction of matter to other matter had been in place well before Newton.

• Game Master
On 2/27/2024 at 6:34 AM, Jacke said:

I thought all that "mavity" stuff was just idiotic.  "Gravity" defined as the attraction of matter to other matter had been in place well before Newton.

Off topic but it's RTD so I imagine it's got a bigger thing coming up. Or it better have as it's really annoying.

• Game Master

And it's always fun when there is a new patch as things get moved about. As those of you who have seen GM's in action know, we use ingame avatars. After a patch it's always fun to see what we will log in as. Once I appeared in atlas as a massive space ship that was so big I couldn't scroll back far enough to get a screen shot, another time I appeared as a door 🙂 

5 minutes ago, GM Crumpet said:

And it's always fun when there is a new patch as things get moved about. As those of you who have seen GM's in action know, we use ingame avatars. After a patch it's always fun to see what we will log in as. Once I appeared in atlas as a massive space ship that was so big I couldn't scroll back far enough to get a screen shot, another time I appeared as a door 🙂 

Pics or it didn't happen

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

1 minute ago, GM Crumpet said:

Off topic but it's RTD so I imagine it's got a bigger thing coming up. Or it better have as it's really annoying.

Oh yes indeed, it's annoying.  And alas, I think RTD isn't as good now as he was 20 years ago.  Will have to see what he's done with the new series when it comes out, but after those specials being a mixed bag, my expectations are rather muted.

Just now, GM Crumpet said:

So, your Avatars are sort-of like the up-to 10 pointers that make up the Attributes Monitor Window.  What they point at often gets changed in a major release.  Much hilarity ensues. 😺

• Like 1