City Mod Installer (Released)

• 2 weeks later

I thought I'd try out this tool by converting a couple of mods I put together a few years ago, and they work great as piggs! They're both audio mods. One replaces the login screen theme with the theme from CoH: Freedom ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eogi9J_4fX8 ), and the other replaces Pocket D's ski chalet ambience to remove the annoying yodeling.

You can find them here if you're interested:

• 2 weeks later

This is no big deal, but I'm just curious.  My Homecoming Launcher had the launch paramaters of: "-cov, -maxinactivefps 15"  Now, just for OCD purposes, I tried to keep it nice and neat and alphabetical: "-assetpath assets\mods, -cov, -maxinactivefps 15"  However, that doesn't work.  "-cov, -maxinactivefps 15, -assetpath assets\mods" on the other hand does work.  I'm guessing that it doesn't like the comma?

In any case, thank you again for the wonderful tool!

• City Council
11 minutes ago, Astralock said:

This is no big deal, but I'm just curious.  My Homecoming Launcher had the launch paramaters of: "-cov, -maxinactivefps 15"  Now, just for OCD purposes, I tried to keep it nice and neat and alphabetical: "-assetpath assets\mods, -cov, -maxinactivefps 15"  However, that doesn't work.  "-cov, -maxinactivefps 15, -assetpath assets\mods" on the other hand does work.  I'm guessing that it doesn't like the comma?

In any case, thank you again for the wonderful tool!

You shouldn't have commas in your launch args anyway, so yes, the issue is the comma "assets\mods," doesn't exist.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went through and converted a couple of old mods that I use that don't appear to be available in City Mod Installer.  However, one I tried to convert isn't taking.  It gives me the "done" message after a few seconds, but there's no PIGG file.  It's a rather large mod, so I imagine that it may be choking on it.

The file is titanman_VFXTextureModV2.1.zip

• City Council
On 12/28/2022 at 9:11 AM, Astralock said:

I went through and converted a couple of old mods that I use that don't appear to be available in City Mod Installer.  However, one I tried to convert isn't taking.  It gives me the "done" message after a few seconds, but there's no PIGG file.  It's a rather large mod, so I imagine that it may be choking on it.

Ran your mod through a debug version of the tool and got the following error:

Unable to open directory texture_library/FX/SUPER_POWERS/GravityControl
Error encountered while building pigg, aborting

I deleted the empty "GravityControl" folder, and the tool packaged the mod as expected, it seems the program that packs the data doesn't like empty folders in the input.

• Like 1

• City Council
1 hour ago, Jawbreaker said:

Can someone tell me what the customizable shaders mod does? I assumed it was for the CC but didn't notice any difference or new options.

I'm honestly not sure looking at the contents.  This one doesn't really make sense to ship as a .pigg as you need to be able to modify the tonemap.  It's not going to add options to the game, the file itself has to be modified, it looks like it's setting shaders on outdoor lighting? Though honestly I don't know much about City's shaders.

• Like 1

• City Council
On 12/28/2022 at 9:11 AM, Astralock said:

I've released an update to the installer that will now show any errors returned by the pig tool, this should at least let you know there was an error.

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to release a new mod tool. Either based on PK's old work or not. I got to the point where I could not play CoH without mods, so I am glad to see someone picked up the slack after PK left. I can now return to CoH.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
  • City Council
5 hours ago, paraNoid_ae said:

'Inspiration Combine/Use PopMenu' does not give the name of the menu to open in game, I tried the usuals like Inspiration, InspirationCombine, Combines, etc etc, to no avail.

This mod was packed incorrectly, I'm not the original author but I've repacked it correctly and updated it, you should see it highlighted in red in the installer, and clicking the entry should show the "Update" button in the info panel.  The command to open it is now included in the info as well "/popmenu Combines"

2 hours ago, Michiyo said:

This mod was packed incorrectly, I'm not the original author but I've repacked it correctly and updated it, you should see it highlighted in red in the installer, and clicking the entry should show the "Update" button in the info panel.  The command to open it is now included in the info as well "/popmenu Combines"

Thank you, much appreciated!!!! I was not sure where to go for this issue, is there a better place for these kind of issue?

On 10/22/2022 at 6:46 PM, Dynamo-Joe said:

I cannot get this to work. This is the error I get: 

error.jpg

If I then click continue, the program opens. But I cannot add to HC launcher. If I try - I get this: 

error2.thumb.jpg.54e61db07a8445e5bde94412db728858.jpg

I was getting this, but found that my security suite marked the new modder tool as "untrusted". Thought this might help anyone still having an issue.

I'm loving the City Mod Installer, thanks tons for the work on it!

One thing I'd really like to see added would be a filter function on the available mods that filters on at least the name of the mod and the author's description.

thanks again!

• Like 1

Wanted to share a mod I just uploaded. I've been playing a shield/battle axe tanker and wanted to feel, and sound, a bit more powerful while wielding an axe. I've ported over Titan Weapon sounds and it does the trick. Would love anyone's feedback if they have a chance to use the mod!

image.thumb.png.eb902ebf74b5be35aae05d37e0e7859c.png

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, shadowrex said:

Wanted to share a mod I just uploaded. I've been playing a shield/battle axe tanker and wanted to feel, and sound, a bit more powerful while wielding an axe. I've ported over Titan Weapon sounds and it does the trick. Would love anyone's feedback if they have a chance to use the mod!

I ran a moonfire TF after finishing this mod and I could barely hear my attacks. If anyone has a chance to try out this mod and experiences the same low volume let me know. I didn't touch the db level of the actual Titan Weapon "hit" effects, but they may benefit from the "attack" SFX that titan weapons uses (basically their version of the swoosh). I could probably spend a little more time trying to mix the attack SFX together