City Mod Installer (Released)

• City Council
3 hours ago, Renergy said:

Hmm, I think there is an issue with the City Mod Installer or Vidiot maps.

I did have a legacy Vidiot install, which removed as per the instructions on the Vidiot thread.

I then attempted an install using City Mod Installer, which although reported successful, didn't work.

I then noted several conflicts as highlighted by City Mod Installer (these were pop menus), so cleared out the /Data folder completely.

I then tried another install of Vidiot maps via City Mod Installer, which again reported successful, but wasn't. 

I've checked more zones than just Atlas.

I've uploaded logs via the Upload Support Bundle function (feedback - this could use a confirmation of success notification).

Thank you for your work. 🙂

The support bundle shows you don't have the asset path set in your launcher. Please either use the option in the tool to "Add to Launcher -> HCLauncher" or following the instructions in the first post to add the asset path by hand.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Renergy said:

Hmm, I think there is an issue with the City Mod Installer or Vidiot maps.

I did have a legacy Vidiot install, which removed as per the instructions on the Vidiot thread.

I then attempted an install using City Mod Installer, which although reported successful, didn't work.

I then noted several conflicts as highlighted by City Mod Installer (these were pop menus), so cleared out the /Data folder completely.

I then tried another install of Vidiot maps via City Mod Installer, which again reported successful, but wasn't. 

I've checked more zones than just Atlas.

I've uploaded logs via the Upload Support Bundle function (feedback - this could use a confirmation of success notification).

Thank you for your work. 🙂

Did you use this option?

image.png.e7bc459c45a4c25e5bca2bc3feae6397.png

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council

Pushed an update:

Added checks for missing asset path on all supported launchers, and show an error if it's not found.

Added support for a custom URI cohmodder:// to install mods directly from the website.

Fixed "Add to Launcher" for Tequila, and Victory Launcher if you didn't already have custom launch parameters.

Okay, this WAS working. Then today I open it and it tells me there are no mods installed, and that the C:\Games\Homecoming\Data directory is empty. This is accurate; no idea why. I closed out of both CoH and the modder, and attempted to re-open the latter on it's own. Am now getting an Unhandled Exception.

Details:

************* Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at CoHModdingTool.CoHModderMainForm.NewArgumentsReceived(String[] pArguments)
   at CoHModdingTool.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_StartupNextInstance(Object sender, StartupNextInstanceEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnStartupNextInstance(StartupNextInstanceEventArgs eventArgs)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnStartupNextInstanceMarshallingAdaptor(Object args)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4515.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
CoHModdingTool
    Assembly Version: 1.1.8333.34817
    Win32 Version: 1.1.8333.34817
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Games/Homecoming/CoHModdingTool.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 14.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4536.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4566.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4550.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Data.SQLite
    Assembly Version: 1.0.116.0
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Transactions
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Transactions/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Transactions.dll
AutoUpdater.NET
    Assembly Version: 1.6.0.0
System.EnterpriseServices
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.EnterpriseServices/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.EnterpriseServices.dll
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 13.0.0.0
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• City Council
1 hour ago, Blood Speaker said:

Okay, this WAS working. Then today I open it and it tells me there are no mods installed, and that the C:\Games\Homecoming\Data directory is empty. This is accurate; no idea why. I closed out of both CoH and the modder, and attempted to re-open the latter on it's own. Am now getting an Unhandled Exception.

Details:

************* Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at CoHModdingTool.CoHModderMainForm.NewArgumentsReceived(String[] pArguments)
   at CoHModdingTool.My.MyApplication.MyApplication_StartupNextInstance(Object sender, StartupNextInstanceEventArgs e)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnStartupNextInstance(StartupNextInstanceEventArgs eventArgs)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnStartupNextInstanceMarshallingAdaptor(Object args)

"System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." Means that the program is open, and trying to open it again is passing an invalid command to the command handler, the exception is an issue and I will poke it to see why, but it really sounds like the process is still running.  Id suggest a reboot, and try running it again, and see if that resolves it.

On 10/25/2022 at 9:51 PM, Michiyo said:

"System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array." Means that the program is open, and trying to open it again is passing an invalid command to the command handler, the exception is an issue and I will poke it to see why, but it really sounds like the process is still running.  Id suggest a reboot, and try running it again, and see if that resolves it.

Got it sorted finally, after doing a clean install. Would def help to have an alert if the program is still running... though nothing I saw at the time indicated it was still active: nothing on task bar or app tray, at the time. Will dig into it if issue occurs again.

• Thumbs Up 1

Heya,

I was trying to make a mod for lvl up, and I saw that are 7 options to change that sound in the folder FrontEnd

|       levelup1.ogg
            |       levelup2.ogg
            |       levelup3.ogg
            |       levelup4.ogg
            |       levelup5.ogg
            |       levelup6.ogg
            |       levelup7.ogg

Anyone knows if I need to change all? Or just one?

tyvm

• City Council

All level ups appear to use levelup7, it looks like the original intent was to use different sounds for level ranges, 1-10, 11-20, 21-30. 31-40. and 41-50 (with some extras I suppose?) But yeah looks like you can just replace 7 for all.

• Thanks 1

Ahahaha, there I go being a doofus.

"Don't I already have this installed? Yeah, there it is."
*runs CoH Modder*
*computer proceeds to have a meltdown*

Shows how long it's been since I've played. :P

Does City Mod Installer check for conflicts between installed mods, or is that something we still need to figure out ourselves? 

Edited by Felis Noctu
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

• City Council
50 minutes ago, jessica said:

Is there any support for this on the Mac?  I know the Mac uses Wine to emulate/run the Windows program, so I tried to use Wine to run the  CoHModdingTool.exe program, but it just threw a LOT of errors.

I know someone mentioned they got it working in Linux, which should in theory be similar... The only "Mac" I have is a Hackintosh that I hate messing with, so not going to be a lot of help.

On 11/3/2022 at 10:31 PM, Felis Noctu said:

Ahahaha, there I go being a doofus.

"Don't I already have this installed? Yeah, there it is."
*runs CoH Modder*
*computer proceeds to have a meltdown*

Shows how long it's been since I've played. 😛

Does City Mod Installer check for conflicts between installed mods, or is that something we still need to figure out ourselves? 

You could try configure your antivirus to ignore the folder of the program. Or set the graphics lower.

On 11/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, captainstar said:

You could try configure your antivirus to ignore the folder of the program. Or set the graphics lower.

No no, I was confusing the old modding tool (which no longer works) with this one. :P

• Thumbs Up 1
mrb-social2_mini.png.464409b4404c13db31506dbe99d59609.png

Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer

The build planner to make your awesome characters even more awesome!

Into the Night "... and so we went into that dark night, for we knew our dawn would come again..."
~ The Meowcronomicon

After leveling up my new katana brute, I realized that the sounds for katana are kind of meh. Not a big fan of them. I wanted something "meatier" like a sword actually hitting someone, rather than clinking on some metal.

I just can't figure out how to actually make a sound mod. I tried the 'create mod' option, but nothing I can try gets it to recognize the 'proper folder/path' when I try to tell it where to start building it. 

I'm a complete novice at creating mods, so there's probably something simple I'm missing.

• City Council
On 11/11/2022 at 4:54 AM, WumpusRat said:

After leveling up my new katana brute, I realized that the sounds for katana are kind of meh. Not a big fan of them. I wanted something "meatier" like a sword actually hitting someone, rather than clinking on some metal.

I just can't figure out how to actually make a sound mod. I tried the 'create mod' option, but nothing I can try gets it to recognize the 'proper folder/path' when I try to tell it where to start building it. 

I'm a complete novice at creating mods, so there's probably something simple I'm missing.

The create mod dialog is for 'pigging' a directory that contains mod files.  If you have a set of sounds, in the correct folder structure then you just select the data directory that contains those files.   You *must* have the files in the correct folder structure though, make a new directory "data" outside of your game directory, then build out the required folders inside that, then place your modded sound files in there.  The tool doesn't help you make mods, it's just to package the data for use with the tool.

13 hours ago, Michiyo said:

The create mod dialog is for 'pigging' a directory that contains mod files.  If you have a set of sounds, in the correct folder structure then you just select the data directory that contains those files.   You *must* have the files in the correct folder structure though, make a new directory "data" outside of your game directory, then build out the required folders inside that, then place your modded sound files in there.  The tool doesn't help you make mods, it's just to package the data for use with the tool.

Ah, okay. I tried reading a "how to create a sound mod" walkthrough, but my eyes started crossing about halfway through it, because it was talking about creating ogg files, putting them into special directories (and it didn't say WHAT directories to put them in), etc. The place it said the sound files were didn't have the files it claimed it would have, and it ended up just being a huge chore and I couldn't figure it out.

So at this point I've basically given up on trying to create a mod. I'll just live with the current power sounds.

• 3 weeks later
  • City Council
18 hours ago, Starhawk32 said:

Hi @Michiyo I was trying to use the yellow background mod and it only added the background to the enhancement picker.  Everything else is the the red.  what am I doing wrong??

If you're seeing any changes from the mod then, likely nothing.  I didn't create or update the mod, just re-uploaded a copy from the previous system, so it's likely the mod needs to be updated/fixed.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:49 AM, JAMMan0000 said:

Does use of City Modder disable the use of the old data folder method or does it work in parallel with the data folder? I create personal pop menus for my own use that I don't have any desire to publish publicly. Will I still be able to do that without officially publishing them and packaging them through City Modder?

I renamed my 'data' folder to 'data.disabled', and lost all of my chat popmenus (I have a number of various 'stock response' popmenus in foreign languages to match characters with foreign origins), so what I did was create a new 'Data' folder under Homecoming, then copied the 'texts' folder from the 'data.disabled' folder to the new 'data' folder, and all the popmenus are back. So yes, if you have anything in your data directory under Homecoming, it will continue to work as long as you don't override them in City Modder (i.e., if you replace a sound using the data directory, and install a mod with City Modder that replaces the same sound, the one City Modder installed takes precedence).

• City Council
5 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

(i.e., if you replace a sound using the data directory, and install a mod with City Modder that replaces the same sound, the one City Modder installed takes precedence).

Overrides in the data directory should still take priority over mods loaded via the mod installer.  These mods are packaged as .pigg files, so the game loads them natively, meaning the data directory is still loaded after them.  This is why the tool warns you if it finds stuff in the data directory, and tells you if mods aren't working to check there.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2022 at 9:58 PM, Crystal Dragon said:

Here's some of the mods I currently have zips still for. Um, I know, I'm scrambling to help anyway I can here. I don't create mods but I do use them for better visual (font sizes neeeeed to be added for UI readability) and some others for more simple effects. The only audio ones I have is for the wolf whimper, transformer sounds for robotics mm minions, and the demons to kittens audio mods however those three are too large to add to this thread. All of them are functional, though may need updating in the code side of things which is a complete mystery to me.

Base Teleporter Labels.zip 406.21 kB · 15 downloads Gender Neutral Sonic Blast.zip 108.89 kB · 19 downloads HighVisibilityMouseCursorsSetD.zip 13.42 kB · 19 downloads Numbered Inspirations.zip 235.73 kB · 17 downloads SG_TP_Label_Mod.zip 2.69 MB · 15 downloads Svarty Teleport.zip 132.52 kB · 17 downloads VerdanaFontReplacer.zip 266.36 kB · 16 downloads

Yay! Someone uses my teleport mod 😄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.