City Mod Installer (Released)

This is fantastic!  Im lovin this.. THO It seems i lost all mods from the other modder once i installed this new One.. THE Only one that im concerned about is Vidiotmaps.. I don't see it on the list.. I hope it gets ported over 😄

Edited by ember7401

1 hour ago, ember7401 said:

This is fantastic!  Im lovin this.. THO It seems i lost all mods from the other modder once i installed this new One.. THE Only one that im concerned about is Vidiotmaps.. I don't see it on the list.. I hope it gets ported over 😄

It's there, but it's called "Homecoming vidiotmaps" 🙂

I'm having no issues. Make sure that, as the addon mentions, you delete/rename your old Data folder. Install HC videotmaps first, then install any other map addon (ie: optimal routes). Restart launcher, done.

What issues are people having? Maybe with more info we can provide some solution

• City Council

Make sure you click Add to Launcher -> HC Launcher (or Tequila) depending on whichever you use.
image.png.5aa3aed7974ccd3ae5cba5d173f35499.png

My tool uses a different method than others as stated in the original post.  Other installers put loose files in the data directory which the client uses to override.  Mine uses packaged data files that the client natively reads, but requires a change to your launcher.  The "Add to Launcher" option automates that, or you can just add

-assetpath assets\mods

To your custom launch parameters.

In Tequila that's here:
image.png.a51d1e19e22ef3bc917c38c415ea3af1.png

And in HC Launcher that's here:
image.thumb.png.5ccf9f6b1e02b217eaac9199c1126cc6.png

Edited by Michiyo
  • Thanks 1

I updated the name of the vidiotmaps mod to 'Vidiotmaps for Homecoming' in the installer tool, which hopefully will alleviate any confusion or difficulty in finding vidiotmaps in the tool. I am also in the process of updating the installation instructions for all the mods I have in there, but that process may take a few more hours so please bear with me.

EDIT: All installation instructions for my mods should now be updated. If I missed one just let me know.

Edited by AboveTheChemist
typo, update
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I just quit out of homecoming (because my badgesetlist popmenu wasn't working), relaunched the city mod installer, clicked add to launcher, chose HC Launcher, then closed it and tried to relaunch homecoming to get this:

image.png.c9eeee01fd7d1f1402d2412ac334d619.png

any ideas?

verifying files didn't seem to stop the error.

HEEEYYY I FIXED IT!

If this happens to you just uninstall and reinstall the vidiotmaps mod in the mod manager.

Edited by PartyKake
I FIXED IT!

• City Council
2 minutes ago, PartyKake said:

I just quit out of homecoming (because my badgesetlist popmenu wasn't working), relaunched the city mod installer, clicked add to launcher, chose HC Launcher, then closed it and tried to relaunch homecoming to get this:

image.png.c9eeee01fd7d1f1402d2412ac334d619.png

any ideas?

verifying files didn't seem to stop the error.

Verifying files in your launcher will only verify the base game files, nothing added externally.  My suggestion would be to uninstall the "Vidiotmaps for Homecoming" mod via the tool, then reinstall it and see if your issue goes away.  Also verify you don't have anything in your D:/Homecoming/Homecoming/data/ directory that might be trying to override mods installed by the tool.

• Thumbs Up 1

• City Council

The Tool doesn't delete anything, it would have prompted you that it found stuff in your data folder, and if you clicked yes either (depending on version of the tool when you first ran it) either rename your data directory, or moved your menus into a folder "disabled-overrides", either way your menus are still in either the "data.disabled" folder, or in "data\disabled-overrides"

34 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

The Tool doesn't delete anything, it would have prompted you that it found stuff in your data folder, and if you clicked yes either (depending on version of the tool when you first ran it) either rename your data directory, or moved your menus into a folder "disabled-overrides", either way your menus are still in either the "data.disabled" folder, or in "data\disabled-overrides"

Checking, it did that the first time yes, but I'm not seeing a disabled-override in the data folder. x.x

It does appear the folder is missing following some edits to rebuild the mnu files before this latest update. Huh...I'll rebuild them, it's no big issue, it just confused me that it's gone.

Edited by Crystal Dragon

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

• City Council

There is a single delete call in the entire program, which is called when you uninstall a mod, and it's targeted to the "assets\mods" directory.  Your previous menus should either be in "data.disabled", or in "data\disabled-overrides".  If neither of these folders exist then I have no idea how that could have happened.

2 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

There is a single delete call in the entire program, which is called when you uninstall a mod, and it's targeted to the "assets\mods" directory.  Your previous menus should either be in "data.disabled", or in "data\disabled-overrides".  If neither of these folders exist then I have no idea how that could have happened.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be present. Very odd, oh well. Figured to let ya know about that.

Roleplaying mentor volunteer, and mentorship contributor.

Chatrange Popmenu/Where to find me/Beginners Links

blinkiesCafe-Ov.gif.461b52017365412a34160eb002f74cfe.gif

@Michiyo, thank you so much for developing City Mod Installer and so quickly too!  I maintain the BadgeReporter popmenu.  I'll get to working on adding it into CMI ASAP.

• Like 1

• City Council
Just now, Jacke said:

@Michiyo, thank you so much for developing City Mod Installer and so quickly too!  I maintain the BadgeReporter popmenu.  I'll get to working on adding it into CMI ASAP.

Does that happen to be one of the ones I converted from CoH Modder and uploaded already? If so I can assign that mod to you if you've signed up on the site.

On 10/19/2022 at 7:17 PM, Michiyo said:

Does that happen to be one of the ones I converted from CoH Modder and uploaded already? If so I can assign that mod to you if you've signed up on the site.

BadgeReporter wasn't in CoH Modder; it's always been manual install.  I was about to see about getting it included when that tool was shut down.  I am very happy you've got your CMI working and released so I can now use it.

Edited by Jacke
  • Thumbs Up 1

Question: I had several mods installed via CoHModder when it became defunct. They don't appear as "installed" in the new tool. They do still work without issue. Any idea of how they will interact with any new mods I attempt to install over them, if there's any conflict (for example, I have sound mods previously installed for both Beam Rifle and Sonic Blast)?