City Mod Installer (Released)

Your great. I really appreciate you spending time with me. This is what I'm getting:

Opening database connection
Checking for updates
gamePath: C:\Users\Owner\OneDrive\Documents\Games\CityofHero\Homecoming
Launch parames contains -assetpath assets\mods already!
Creating assets\mods
Attempting to download file: maps_halloween.pigg
Attempting to download file: hc_vidiotmaps_opt_path.pigg
Attempting to download file: hc_vidiotmaps.pigg

• City Council

Ok, so that all looks fine, though a word of warning, the 3 mods you've selected all override each other.  So I'm not 100% sure *which one* will show up in game, but you should be able to see... one of them in game at this point.

• Like 1

• City Council

Let me know if you need any assistance after reinstalled.  My recommendation is to install the game to C:\Games\Homecoming, which is the default of the HCInstaller, I find that causes the least amount of issues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Michiyo said:

I'm not 100% sure *which one* will show up in game

Since the piggs are read alphabetically, I set my map mods up so that the draw order is (from first to last):

1. vidiotmaps (100+ maps)
  2. optimal path maps (49 maps)
  3. halloween maps (37 maps)
  4. winter maps (25 maps)

Maps further down that list will overwrite those in the list above them. So the optimal paths maps will overwrite vidiotmaps, but only for those 49 maps contained in the optimal paths map mod. That way vidiotmaps will always be the 'base' set of maps and users can install/uninstall the other mods as needed.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Michiyo said:

Let me know if you need any assistance after reinstalled.  My recommendation is to install the game to C:\Games\Homecoming, which is the default of the HCInstaller, I find that causes the least amount of issues.

I uninstalled everything then reinstalled city of heroes. It went to C:\Games\HC. Now when I try to install the maps mod,..

This comes up when I Add to Launcher: : HC Launcher

and then it just stops - nothing after that command line. I checked the Settings on the Launch page. Went to Homecoming and "Extra launch parameters:" it's blank. So not sure why it's saying that. It never comes up with "hc_vidiotmaps.pigg Installed.

• City Council
1 hour ago, CJStevens17 said:

I uninstalled everything then reinstalled city of heroes. It went to C:\Games\HC. Now when I try to install the maps mod,..

This comes up when I Add to Launcher: : HC Launcher

and then it just stops - nothing after that command line. I checked the Settings on the Launch page. Went to Homecoming and "Extra launch parameters:" it's blank. So not sure why it's saying that. It never comes up with "hc_vidiotmaps.pigg Installed.

Did you close HC Launcher before using the "Add to launcher" option?  It needs to be closed, click the option, then re-opened.

• City Council
2 hours ago, CJStevens17 said:

Here's what I have. I can't see why the maps are not showing up when I launch HC. I just get the same ole original maps. I'm about to give up but really want those mods.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 A.png

Screenshot 2022-10-22 B.png

Screenshot 2022-10-22 C.png

Click "Homecoming" in the launcher settings and confirm the launch parameters box actually has -assetpath assets\mods

Edited by Michiyo

• City Council
1 hour ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

I cannot get this to work. This is the error I get: 

error.jpg

If I then click continue, the program opens. But I cannot add to HC launcher. If I try - I get this: 

error2.thumb.jpg.54e61db07a8445e5bde94412db728858.jpg

"Request aborted" means that something on your end is blocking the call out to the website to grab the mod list.  Usually some AV or Firewall that is overly paranoid.  If you try to open https://mods.cityofheroes.dev/mods.php in a webbrowser does it show you a bunch of XML?

8 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

"Request aborted" means that something on your end is blocking the call out to the website to grab the mod list.  Usually some AV or Firewall that is overly paranoid.  If you try to open https://mods.cityofheroes.dev/mods.php in a webbrowser does it show you a bunch of XML?

That's what I get. (Not the entire thing - but I assume that's enough to show you what you need based on the above.)

CMOD.jpg

• City Council
8 minutes ago, CJStevens17 said:

This is what I have:

image.png.5910d9b8432bcfd7ca18ea70728841b4.png

I think I need to delete the -assetpath.... here...right?

Nope, that's exactly what it should be.  Can you also verify you don't have anything in your data directory that might be overriding?  I disabled the data folder rename after a couple people contacted me with issues, and haven't re-implemented it yet. 

5 minutes ago, Michiyo said:

Nope, that's exactly what it should be.  Can you also verify you don't have anything in your data directory that might be overriding?  I disabled the data folder rename after a couple people contacted me with issues, and haven't re-implemented it yet. 

My data folder is empty. So far halloween, winter and opt have installed - I'm waiting for Vidiot for Homecoming to show as Installed in the City Mod Installer.  if it doesn't show up should I uninstall it then reinstall (with Add to Launcher: HC Launcher)?

Just now, CJStevens17 said:

My data folder is empty. So far halloween, winter and opt have installed - I'm waiting for Vidiot for Homecoming to show as Installed in the City Mod Installer.  if it doesn't show up should I uninstall it then reinstall (with Add to Launcher: HC Launcher)?

1 minute ago, CJStevens17 said:

OK, it showed installed. When I start up the HC Launcher, I'm in Atlas Park and the same ole map shows.....no halloween stuff, etc. - nothing new in Skyway city either. This is frustrating!!!

• City Council
23 minutes ago, CJStevens17 said:

OK, it showed installed. When I start up the HC Launcher, I'm in Atlas Park and the same ole map shows.....no halloween stuff, etc. - nothing new in Skyway city either. This is frustrating!!!

Uninstall everything except the base Vidiot mod, go to AP, and confirm you don't see
image.thumb.png.ab522c1a51ea374e862d3d6dc37da005.png

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CJStevens17 said:

Be sure to read my post above, available via this link. If you are installing the optimal paths, halloween, and winter maps, then you won't see vidiotmaps in Atlas Park and Skyway. You'll see the winter maps in Atlas and Skyway. I was going to post more info, but the instructions Michiyo just posted should help clarify the issue.

• City Council
2 hours ago, Dynamo-Joe said:

That's what I get. (Not the entire thing - but I assume that's enough to show you what you need based on the above.)

CMOD.jpg

That's what should be there.  I have no idea what else could stop the program from establishing a SSL connection other than AV/Firewall blocking the connection.

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Be sure to read my post above, available via this link. If you are installing the optimal paths, halloween, and winter maps, then you won't see vidiotmaps in Atlas Park and Skyway. You'll see the winter maps in Atlas and Skyway. I was going to post more info, but the instructions Michiyo just posted should help clarify the issue.

I uninstalled all the maps then reinstalled Vidiomaps for Homecoming. That is the only one that shows in my assets/mod folder:  hc_vidiotmaps. pigg

When I start up HC  and am in AP, the map is the old map - nothing new.

• City Council

I have no idea why the game wouldn't be loading piggs from the directory then.  Even if they weren't properly downloaded the game would hit the invalid pigg and fail to load.  I'm going to have to fail back to super basic questions here, you're launching the Homecoming profile, not beta, or prerelease for your testing? Can you check "Show debug console" in the Homecoming profile, wait for the game to fully load, scroll all the way back to the top of the console window, and take a screenshot including the titlebar? Looking for something like this:

image.png.61b263f38b713035ac454a4d0b6d17fb.png

I've also added a new mod under the "Other" heading, called "Corrupted Mod DO NOT DOWNLOAD", please, do the opposite of what the name says, and install it.  Let me know if you get a crash when you launch the game.  Should look like this:

image.png.ddd59f4f67bb84c12275b9d020a6be14.png

Edited by Michiyo