City Mod Installer (Released)

I recently installed homecoming coh on my new computer.  I used this app to install the vidiotmaps  change.  When I tried to run Coh I received the following error:

c:/Games/Homecoming/assets/modes/hc_vidiotmaps.pigg:  Fileheader extends past end of .pigg, probably corrupt .pigg file!  #74

The archery mod works fine, so it seems to be the .pigg file.

• City Council
12 hours ago, Solar Eagle2 said:

I recently installed homecoming coh on my new computer.  I used this app to install the vidiotmaps  change.  When I tried to run Coh I received the following error:

c:/Games/Homecoming/assets/modes/hc_vidiotmaps.pigg:  Fileheader extends past end of .pigg, probably corrupt .pigg file!  #74

The archery mod works fine, so it seems to be the .pigg file.

The pigg is fine, uninstall and reinstall via the tool, make sure you see both lines:
image.png.b92b22e85a3b798a0bb153994ca9ee75.png

If it still gives you the error go into C:\games\Homecoming\assets\mods and verify the size of the vidiot pigg, it should be: image.png.a79acea928644a7d109eb2cbf7521a9f.png

if you check the properties.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

When I try to download the Mod Installer (via the orange button at https://mods.cityofheroes.dev/), I just get a blank page. I have tried various browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), but this does not help.

In Firefox, I get an error message about a redirect failure because cookies may be deactivated. I have enabled cookies in FireFox, but this has not helped.

Any ideas about what might be happening? Or is the link just down at the moment?

• City Council
48 minutes ago, Artemis81 said:

When I try to download the Mod Installer (via the orange button at https://mods.cityofheroes.dev/), I just get a blank page. I have tried various browsers (Edge, Firefox, Chrome), but this does not help.

In Firefox, I get an error message about a redirect failure because cookies may be deactivated. I have enabled cookies in FireFox, but this has not helped.

Any ideas about what might be happening? Or is the link just down at the moment?

Should be fixed, sorry about that.

So it downloaded fine, but when I go to run it nothing happens. I got that warning message you mentioned and made sure to select "run anyway", but after I hit that nothing happens. Any suggestion? I tried restarting my computer and I tried redownloading it as well. Nothing as worked.

2 hours ago, Randell said:

So it downloaded fine, but when I go to run it nothing happens. I got that warning message you mentioned and made sure to select "run anyway", but after I hit that nothing happens. Any suggestion? I tried restarting my computer and I tried redownloading it as well. Nothing as worked.

Same issue.

• City Council
2 hours ago, Randell said:

6 minutes ago, SquidVicious said:

Same issue.

Please redownload the tool, it looks like I pointed the download link at the wrong file when I had to restore a backup.  This should have been downloading a .zip file instead of the direct .exe

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

I am looking to start making new architypes, power, costume parts, etc... I've written software before but Im curious as to what tools are/were used by the devs to make all this?  I did some skins in Counterstrike back in the day. I plan on sandboxing all this on an older pc I have that I can use as a simple server.

10 hours ago, ldkelsey3 said:

I am looking to start making new architypes, power, costume parts, etc... I've written software before but Im curious as to what tools are/were used by the devs to make all this?  I did some skins in Counterstrike back in the day. I plan on sandboxing all this on an older pc I have that I can use as a simple server.

You're looking in the wrong thread, my friend.  Take a look at OuroDev.  Particularly this wiki article.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later

I now have a weird hotch-potch of overwrites and mods. 🙂 heh, well it works so that's fine, right? Right?

Guys?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

On 10/11/2022 at 9:36 AM, Michiyo said:

The program has a utility built in to assist in packaging your mod into a .pigg for uploading to the site.  

Could you kindly point out where that is please? I can't find it.

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

• City Council
On 5/10/2023 at 4:59 AM, Herotu said:

Could you kindly point out where that is please? I can't find it.

Tools -> Create Mod.
You give it a name for the resulting .pigg file, you give it the data directory (outside of your City install), and hit "Build"  It will then package your data directory up as a .pigg in the same directory as the provided data directory.

You can't use the data directory in the install location, to make sure you're only packing the specific files for your mod.

1 hour ago, Michiyo said:

Tools -> Create Mod.
You give it a name for the resulting .pigg file, you give it the data directory (outside of your City install), and hit "Build"  It will then package your data directory up as a .pigg in the same directory as the provided data directory.

You can't use the data directory in the install location, to make sure you're only packing the specific files for your mod.

Ah. That sounds complicated. Thanks.
I uploaded a bunch of Ogg files (all at the same time), so that Dual Pistols by Svarty mod will probably not work. 
I'll try again another time 😕

Please pardon me for not having exhaustively read through the thread, but is this a known issue that a nontechnical person like myself could fix easily?  Downloaded and installed City Mod Installer and then installed VidiotMaps (I thought according to instructions).

Looks like this now:

image.png.680322c58dee679a44e4ca2ff12d29ef.png

20 hours ago, Sailboat said:

is this a known issue that a nontechnical person like myself could fix easily?

Based on the screenshot it looks like a bug I introduced during the first few months I made vidiotmaps, and that I resolved a couple of years ago. My guess is that you have an old vidiotmaps install still hanging around in your data folder. You should have seen a popup notification about that from City Mod Installer but I can't recall offhand if it will rename it for you.

The easiest fix is to take your <CoH Root Folder>\data folder and move it outside your CoH directory structure. That will remove all your old mods so if you have used mods other than vidiotmaps, you'll need to re-install them via the City Mod Installer. Otherwise, if you just want to remove vidiotmaps, check out the vidiotmaps thread here and follow the instructions in the section titled Removing/Deleting Old Installations.

Thanks so much!

I did this:  "The easiest fix is to take your <CoH Root Folder>\data folder and move it outside your CoH directory structure"  and it seemed to instantly work.  I literally did nothing else but drag it to a test folder and log into COH normally.

Can I *delete* the data folder I moved outside the structure?  Looks like there's a new one in there.  Just to be tidy?

Fantastic, thanks again.

• Like 1

Glad it worked!

9 minutes ago, Sailboat said:

Can I *delete* the data folder I moved outside the structure?

That folder only contains mods that you have installed, so it can be safely deleted. Before deleting it, you may want to take note of any mods you use other than vidiotmaps and re-install them using City Mod Installer to make sure they all work as intended. All the publicly available mods from the old CoH modder tool should be in there, plus a few new ones that have come along since then. If vidiotmaps is the only mod you use, then the data folder can be zapped without worry.