Combat Teleport?

OdinAZ

Hello, Does anyone use Combat Teleport?  Or is there a good guide for it? 

I want to make a "Surprise" Tanker.   I am thinking I would like to teleport up to a Foe to execute a PBAOE or another power.

There may be, but I haven't seen any guides. However, the most useful thing to you will be macros (buttons on your tray that have a command; require a click) or binds (key to press; bound to a command).

Here are some examples I have a on a few of my toons:

Bind left click and shift to "Combat Teleport" to your clicked destination-

/bind lshift+lbutton powexecname Combat Teleport

Click this macro to move forward 100' with combat teleport. You can change the direction word (back, up, left... etc) and the distance-

/macro back "powexec_location front:100 "Combat Teleport"" 

Click to teleport to your target-

/macro GoTo powexec_location target Combat Teleport

----

I've also referenced this reddit thread a couple of times:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/jwjryk/combat_teleport_rotating_binds_powexec_location/?rdt=38321

Edited by brass_eagle
Link busted
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OdinAZ said:

Does anyone use Combat Teleport? 

Almost Always. I think I have one or two toons without it.

It shines with binds. Here is my standard set, including mirrored [shift] binds for full Teleport:

CT to a target (friend, foe, NPC, or object) using mouse thumb button:

BUTTON4 "powexec_location target combat teleport"
SHIFT+BUTTON4 "powexec_location target teleport"

Bounce around in the four cardinal directions to rapidly get out of patches or past things blocking doorways:

(also useful for lining up cone attacks)

SHIFT+A "powexec_location left:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+D "powexec_location right:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+S "powexec_location back:35 combat teleport"
SHIFT+W "powexec_location forward:35 combat teleport"

Lazy Zone-Crossing bind for standard Teleport:

I "powexec_location camera:max teleport"

"Put me where my cursor is" binds:

MOUSECHORD "powexec_location cursor combat teleport"
SHIFT+MOUSECHORD "powexec_location cursor teleport"

• Thanks 2

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

3 hours ago, OdinAZ said:

I want to make a "Surprise" Tanker.   I am thinking I would like to teleport up to a Foe to execute a PBAOE or another power.

TBH, when I do use it, I utilize a very simple bind:

/bind lalt+lbutton "powexecname combat teleport"

Then, you need only alt+left-click where you want to go, and you reappear there. 

I've bound the following commands with it:

F - Teleport to target

Shift+w - Teleport forward a bit
Shift+s - Teleport backward a bit
Shift+a - Teleport left a bit
Shift+d - Teleport right a bit

I forget the exact values I used for how far I teleport, but that's probably a "season to taste" thing anyway. I also have double clicking bound to make me teleport to wherever I'm pointing my cursor, but that's technically a Teleport bind instead of a Combat Teleport bind.

I recommend giving yourself a chance to parkour around town with some combat teleport binds once you get 'em. It's a *really* fun power. (There are some situations where you can use it to teleport through walls in missions if you've gotten separated from the rest of your team and the halls are suitably serpentine.)

12 hours ago, OdinAZ said:

There is a character that uses it.  Think of it as a theme character.  I was a bit inspired by the xmen origin story where wolverine and sabertooth fight deadpool on top of the three mile island cooling tower and how deadpool teleported around.  Ok, it was weapon X.  I find it fun for soloing.

Screenshot (157).png

• Thumbs Up 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

Fun for tanking, for porting in and dropping an AoE hold/mezz, fun for jumping to where your teammate is that needs your help.  Got separated form the team?  Click on one of them and port to them!

My advice: I find macros easier to deal with, but that's just me; I have no interest in setting up a bind nor remembering which fifteen mouse buttons does what. I don't mess around with the "jump a hundred feet forward" because I know that means I'll keep over or undershooting a lot; I prefer porting to a $target instead.  I know others feel differently.

• Thanks 2

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 2 weeks later

I have a Psionic Melee/Super Reflexes Scrapper that uses Combat Teleport bound to the Q key - /bind Q "powexec_location target Combat Teleport$$target_custom_near enemy alive" - tp to nearest baddie. I also have it bound to LShift+LButton - /bind LShift+LButton powexec_name Combat Teleport - for on-the-fly non-combat tp or more situational combat tp. It's been an absolute blast teleporting into battle, kicking butt, and tp'ing on to the next group instantly. Really gives that "master psionic celerity" feel. Also good for getting out of harm's way fast, if necessary or reaching annoying ledges. I'm debating whether I should slot it with ToHit Buff (it gives a nice 10% buff for a few seconds after you tp) or leave it with one endurance reduction. I'm on the fence.

I've recently made some small additions to my Combat Teleport macros after some experimentation.  Minor but they definitely help keep me orientated after the jump.

"powexeclocation target combat teleport$$face"

And..

"powexec_location camera:max teleport$$playerturn"

The command /face forces you to face towards your target.  This can be important if you're swiftly TAB targeting and select an NPC that's almost out of view.  Without it, you might sometimes find your camera is at a completely different viewing angle after the TP and be disorienting.

On the other hand, the command /playerturn forces your character to turn towards the middle of camera before doing the Combat teleport.  Similar to the situation above, if the character wasn't facing center before doing the TP, the camera could be turned to a completely different direction then you expected it, briefly leaving me disoriented after.  So, these commands at the end stop these edge cases I've found while using it.

• Like 4

• 1 month later

Using for Stone Armor Tanker that runs Granite Armor & Rooted together, it also buffs +ToHit for following Fold Space. Works great.

• Thumbs Up 1

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/