Like 2 Bars From 50

Ok... Finally about to get a 50 under my belt, my Ele/Ele Scrapper and I have a couple questions about things I see people posting that I don't understand yet.

After 50 is there another pool of powers that open up beyond the one that opens in the 30s (or is it 40s)? Cause I see people posting: MA/SR/Mu or Ele/EA/Ele stuff like that. And I've not seen Mu or Electric or many others people put in the third category. I actually wanted Electric on this Scrapper for the 3rd but it didn't exist for me.

I've got pretty much all attuned enhancements, am I ripping them out and putting level 50 stuff in? And does that mean after 50 pretty much every AT is running the same enhancements, cause that's not the impression I've gotten.

And Incarnates.... Where does that journey begin and as a completely fresh 50 do I look for groups or is it a solo thing?

Thanks in advance! 

....seriously just 2 bars! But I ran out of play time last night....soon as I get home though it's on.

• Like 2

Mu (Mu Mastery) is one o those Patron Power Pools that unlock at lvl 35 for Villains.

(Too bad no Wu Mastery! 😄 )

Heroes have Ancillary Power Pools.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Patron_Power_Pools

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Ancillary_Power_Pools

Incarnate System adds even MORE Powers!

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Incarnate_System

Some new Damage Abilities from Judgement in the Incarnate System

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Judgement_Slot_Abilities

Hope this helps Wu! 

Edited by KITANYA
  • Thanks 1

I see you listed /Mu

That is  referencing Patron Pool Powers from Redside

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Patron_Power_Pools

You gain access to them by completing the entire story arc or just its final mission.

Both will often be seen in LFG.

You can earn badges by completing the entire story arc or the arc's final mission.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Villain_Accolade_Badges

*NOTE: All Patron badges may now be earned by a single character. However, only one patron contact may be chosen per character.

meaning only ONE patron pool may be selected.

Blueside happens automatically

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Ancillary_Power_Pools

Each AT has slightly different Pools, so it is worth looking at the wiki to see what is available to you and how each pool could benefit your build.

*Ancillary Power Pools, also known as Epic Power Pools, become available to hero-aligned and villain-aligned characters at level 35. Additionally, Patron Power Pools open at level 35, but require doing a Patron arc to unlock, so only characters of villain alignment can unlock these pools (though they stay unlocked for that character regardless of alignment after unlocking). A character can only select one Ancillary Power Pool or Patron Power Pool on a particular build.

You can change your pool choices during a respec.

Pools are optional, but they can be beneficial in filling in specific areas in your build that you feel are lacking.

It is important to note that Warshades, Peacebringers, Arachnos Soldiers, and Arachnos Widows do not get access to Ancillary Power Pools.

Edited by JasperStone
Edited for Clarity
  • Thanks 1

/e poofgone

1 minute ago, KITANYA said:

Jasper was referring to the Patron Power Pools. 🙂

Not the blue stuff.

A new player may get them confused and assume that you have to do that for Hero side as well, when they don't have to. Then the question comes up as to where are the Blue Side Patrons which there isn't any.

@Etched

• Thanks 1

So just as a breakdown:

In your mid 30s, regardless of side or AT, you'll have ancillary / epic pools show up.

At the same time, *redside,* you'll get a mission from Arbiter Rein which introduces you to the patrons and has you pick one to do an arc from. This is where you get mu/leviathan/socrp/soul from. *Unlike live, you are not locked into the patron you do the arc for.* Quite a few people do Scorpion's arc. Still unlocks all the pools.

There is no blueside equivalent.

Then, at 50 - once you train - a few things will happen. You don't have to do anything to start in on Incarnates - as you play stuff, you'll get shards and threads dropping and start getting XP towards vet levels (every few will give a badge and some incarnate stuff 'til vl99.) You'll get a contact to take you into dark astoria, where you'll play arcs which will deal with Incarnate-focused enemies and give rewards that'll help get Incarnate stuff built out.  You'll also be contacted by ouroboros to do a mission for mender silos. This will *also* unlock your Alpha slot. Personal recommendation? All the Incarnate XP you get on this goes towards alpha... which is automatically unlocked at the end of the arc, so fighting everything is pretty much wasted time and XP. Run at -1/0, ignore everything you can and do the minimum possible to finish it. (The only one that's somewhat *involved* is the second mission after talking to Lady Grey, and that's mostly from ambushes. The others, you can pretty much just run to the end and beat up the boss.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

32 minutes ago, Greycat said:

So just as a breakdown:

In your mid 30s, regardless of side or AT, you'll have ancillary / epic pools show up.

At the same time, *redside,* you'll get a mission from Arbiter Rein which introduces you to the patrons and has you pick one to do an arc from. This is where you get mu/leviathan/socrp/soul from. *Unlike live, you are not locked into the patron you do the arc for.* Quite a few people do Scorpion's arc. Still unlocks all the pools.

There is no blueside equivalent.

Then, at 50 - once you train - a few things will happen. You don't have to do anything to start in on Incarnates - as you play stuff, you'll get shards and threads dropping and start getting XP towards vet levels (every few will give a badge and some incarnate stuff 'til vl99.) You'll get a contact to take you into dark astoria, where you'll play arcs which will deal with Incarnate-focused enemies and give rewards that'll help get Incarnate stuff built out.  You'll also be contacted by ouroboros to do a mission for mender silos. This will *also* unlock your Alpha slot. Personal recommendation? All the Incarnate XP you get on this goes towards alpha... which is automatically unlocked at the end of the arc, so fighting everything is pretty much wasted time and XP. Run at -1/0, ignore everything you can and do the minimum possible to finish it. (The only one that's somewhat *involved* is the second mission after talking to Lady Grey, and that's mostly from ambushes. The others, you can pretty much just run to the end and beat up the boss.)

On this "and start getting XP towards vet levels" bit, is it beneficial to do double XP at that point or is that even an option at 50?

11 minutes ago, WuTang said:

My peeps came through! Thanks everyone!

As they say...It takes a village....

In Mids (you're using Mids, right? Right? *stare*) the epic/patron pool is the very last one:

image.png.563c35943df5e6c04c47dd4ea47b1441.png

1 minute ago, WuTang said:

On this "and start getting XP towards vet levels" bit, is it beneficial to do double XP at that point or is that even an option at 50?

Double XP is turned off at 50. That's when you should immediately start doing Tinpex (at least once a day) for the salvage/merits and a couple ITFs since it is a smorgasbord of XP.

Edited by Sovera

1 minute ago, Sovera said:

In Mids (you're using Mids, right? Right? *stare*) the epic/patron pool is the very last one:

image.png.563c35943df5e6c04c47dd4ea47b1441.png

Nope...don't know what mids is. I've got an inkling what it is, like a build manager right?

Yes I took Energy Mastery.....and it literally just dawned on me that EM is energy mastery....doh! Hahaha

But seriously, is mids a complementary program for CoH/V or is it part of it?

5 minutes ago, WuTang said:

Nope...don't know what mids is. I've got an inkling what it is, like a build manager right?

Yes I took Energy Mastery.....and it literally just dawned on me that EM is energy mastery....doh! Hahaha

But seriously, is mids a complementary program for CoH/V or is it part of it?

Bruh. Read the guide in my signature for a lot of other tips like these, stuff you probably don't know you want to know. But Mids is the program that we use for builds thanks to the thankless job of the Mid devs (blessed be their name and may they reign for a thousand years). You'll find it over https://www.midsreborn.com/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WuTang said:

Ok... Finally about to get a 50 under my belt, my Ele/Ele Scrapper and I have a couple questions about things I see people posting that I don't understand yet.

After 50 is there another pool of powers that open up beyond the one that opens in the 30s (or is it 40s)? Cause I see people posting: MA/SR/Mu or Ele/EA/Ele stuff like that. And I've not seen Mu or Electric or many others people put in the third category. I actually wanted Electric on this Scrapper for the 3rd but it didn't exist for me.

I've got pretty much all attuned enhancements, am I ripping them out and putting level 50 stuff in? And does that mean after 50 pretty much every AT is running the same enhancements, cause that's not the impression I've gotten.

And Incarnates.... Where does that journey begin and as a completely fresh 50 do I look for groups or is it a solo thing?

Thanks in advance! 

....seriously just 2 bars! But I ran out of play time last night....soon as I get home though it's on.

One if the only Scrappers i have 50d was sn elec elec on live.  Mad fun.  Enjoy.  

And yes, time to incarnate as everyone is saying.  Have a great adventure 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Greycat said:

You'll also be contacted by ouroboros to do a mission for mender silos. This will *also* unlock your Alpha slot.

Mender Ramiel. Mender Silos is a TF contact.

• Thanks 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

2 hours ago, WuTang said:

I've got pretty much all attuned enhancements, am I ripping them out and putting level 50 stuff in?

For the most part, no. If you've got the ATO sets (Critical Strikes and Scrapper's Strike on a scrapper), they can be upgraded to Superior versions using Enhancement Catalysts (which drop or can be purchased on the AH or merit vendors). This is also true for any Winter IO sets you may have.

You can also start slotting very rare (purple) enhancement sets, which have better stats. These don't need to be attuned, as their set bonuses are always available.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Just to be clear, because of the ease of switching between hero and villain (you visit Null the Gull, who is a seagull sitting atop a truck just on the red side of Pocket D), you can easily switch from hero to villain at level 35, fo to arbiter rein in grandville (standing just outside the big arachnos building), run a patron arc (which gives you a free respec), then go back to Null the Gull and go hero again.  Now you are blue but you have access to patron pools still.

also, at 35 is when I go to RWZ and join vanguard.  It’s not much, but from then on you will get chances for Vanguard merits on defeating Rikti, even if they are not during vanguard missions.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Who run Bartertown?

21 minutes ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Just to be clear, because of the ease of switching between hero and villain (you visit Null the Gull, who is a seagull sitting atop a truck just on the red side of Pocket D), you can easily switch from hero to villain at level 35, fo to arbiter rein in grandville (standing just outside the big arachnos building), run a patron arc (which gives you a free respec), then go back to Null the Gull and go hero again.  Now you are blue but you have access to patron pools still.

also, at 35 is when I go to RWZ and join vanguard.  It’s not much, but from then on you will get chances for Vanguard merits on defeating Rikti, even if they are not during vanguard missions.

Man.....really?! Welp...that's what I'll be doing from now on.

1 hour ago, Sovera said:

Bruh. Read the guide in my signature for a lot of other tips like these, stuff you probably don't know you want to know. But Mids is the program that we use for builds thanks to the thankless job of the Mid devs (blessed be their name and may they reign for a thousand years). You'll find it over https://www.midsreborn.com/

There a mobile version?

To expand a bit on the enhancements...

Attuned enhancements will level with you, up to the level cap of the set.  So if you've slotted, say, Kinetic Combat, which runs from level 20-35, the basic attribute bonuses of those enhancements will never scale up above level 35 values.  You might want to replace these sets with sets that cap at 50, or you might decide you want to keep them because you particularly want the set bonuses.

If you slotted a set that caps at 50 (say Crushing Impact), then those sets will now be functioning as a level 50 set.  You might still want to replace them, though.  You might want to slot a more expensive set with better bonuses.  Or you might decide that you don't ever plan to play this character exempted to lower levels, so you no longer care about level scaling.  Then you might want to Boost some of the enhancements instead.  You can Boost to 50+1, 5-+2 etc up to 50+5, which makes them function as higher level but means that you'll now lose the Set bonuses if you exempt below level 47.  Boosting is mutually exclusive with Attuning, and Attuned enhancements can't be boosted so you'd need to replace them.  I.e. You can either have higher values, or you can have enhancements that scale with your level.  That's purely a personal playstyle choice -- I exemp a lot, so I rarely boost enhancements.  You also need to keep an eye on Enhancement Diversification limiting the actual benefit you're getting from Boosting.

There are also Very Rare (often called Purple) sets that can only be slotted once you reach 50.  These are all Uniques (so you could only slot one set of Hecatomb per character) and have bigger set bonuses than Rare sets.

And at 50 you can also use an Enhancement Catalyst to turn Winter sets or Archetype sets into their Superior versions.  (You can also buy the Superior versions on the AH, that have already been catalysed by someone else.  Check the price difference between Superior and Basic + Catalyst. to see if you can get a bargain one way or the other.)

You can respec your character, which a lot of people choose to do at 50, and reassign all your powers and slots.  During that process you can save any enhancements you don't want to reslot in the enhancement tray and keep them for another character, or sell them.  So the levelling enhancements weren't wasted.

• Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

21 hours ago, Uun said:

For the most part, no. If you've got the ATO sets (Critical Strikes and Scrapper's Strike on a scrapper), they can be upgraded to Superior versions using Enhancement Catalysts (which drop or can be purchased on the AH or merit vendors). This is also true for any Winter IO sets you may have.

You can also start slotting very rare (purple) enhancement sets, which have better stats. These don't need to be attuned, as their set bonuses are always available.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Very_Rare_IO_Sets

Just when you think you have a good handle on the game's mechanics, you learn something new. I had read the bit in the wiki about attuning purple sets being actively harmful because you lose the ability to boost them. I didn't realize the set bonus doesn't function like other set bonuses and you get it at all levels. I'll have to rethink my aversion to using purple sets, although they are still super expensive!

2 hours ago, Duckbutler said:

Just when you think you have a good handle on the game's mechanics, you learn something new. I had read the bit in the wiki about attuning purple sets being actively harmful because you lose the ability to boost them. I didn't realize the set bonus doesn't function like other set bonuses and you get it at all levels. I'll have to rethink my aversion to using purple sets, although they are still super expensive!

PVP sets also work this way. Their set bonuses are always available and they don't need to be attuned.

5 hours ago, Duckbutler said:

Just when you think you have a good handle on the game's mechanics, you learn something new

When I hit 50:

I add purple sets to my build.  If they are procs, I add them as attuned (because I prefer the look and it distinguishes them from the rest of the set).  Otherwise I slot them as lvl 50 and boost them to +5.

I remove all PvP IOs that are not procs (which I have already added as attuned), and replace them with level 50 and boost them to +5.  Now my purples and PvPs are massively boosted and will give bonuses when I exemp lower.

I use a catalyst on every ATO and Winter O I have slotted, which changes them to Superior.

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

8 hours ago, Uun said:

PVP sets also work this way. Their set bonuses are always available and they don't need to be attuned.

One Tinpex a day (half hour total) should give enough merits to buy one purple IO a day.

• Thanks 1

On 3/9/2024 at 7:22 AM, JasperStone said:

You gain access to them by completing the entire story arc or just its final mission.

Both will often be seen in LFG.

You can earn badges by completing the entire story arc or the arc's final mission.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Villain_Accolade_Badges

*NOTE: All Patron badges may now be earned by a single character. However, only one patron contact may be chosen per character.

meaning only ONE patron pool may be selected.

This is 100% correct, but leaves out one important fact.

Doing a patron arc and receiving the badge for it unlocks *ALL* the patron pools.  You can only pick one, but you can pick ANY one pool, regardless of which contact you spoke with.  Most people think Black Scorpion's arc is the easiest so they will do that one no matter which pool they intend to use.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.