20 Hamidon Goos...

image.png.16ec26c058f4833782d756d767bb9200.png

I have no idea what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. 20 Hamidon Goos? 

That's hilarious. 
My questions are these: 
Will it change zones with me? 
Will it fly if I'm flying, or does it slide along the ground below? 
Can it be out with other pets, like my Dark Servant, and/or a mini Jurrasik? 
If I have the mini-pet versions of Jack and Eochai, will they fight each other? If not, can we make that happen? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only 1 mini-pet at a time.

It will need to be respawned every time you change an instance of a map.

I am pretty sure this one doesn't fly, so it will try to path to wherever you are (unless you have Group Fly.

Mini-pets do nothing, they won't even notify enemies that you are hidden.

4 minutes ago, Ukase said:

I have no idea what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. 20 Hamidon Goos? 

That's hilarious. 
My questions are these: 
Will it change zones with me? 
Will it fly if I'm flying, or does it slide along the ground below? 
If I have the mini-pet versions of Jack and Eochai, will they fight each other? If not, can we make that happen? 

Aren't they cheap now?

400,000?

only 8,000,000 total ....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

5 hours ago, Ukase said:

You can only have one mini pet out at a time.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

Ooh, now I'm gonna buy up all the Hamidon Goos on the market!  

Maybe you should just buy all the mini-hamidons. Only 32 of them, and I'll have the only one! (except for the 32 you'll have)

The crazy thing is, even though I could easily buy the requisite salvage, I'm inclined to wait until they drop organically before I craft this pet. I'm curious to see how many vet levels it will take before I organically acquire 20 hamidon goos. 

Edited by Ukase

14 hours ago, Ukase said:

This is just like "Dehydrated water: just add water"!

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

17 hours ago, Ukase said:

Maybe you should just buy all the mini-hamidons. Only 32 of them, and I'll have the only one! (except for the 32 you'll have)

The crazy thing is, even though I could easily buy the requisite salvage, I'm inclined to wait until they drop organically before I craft this pet. I'm curious to see how many vet levels it will take before I organically acquire 20 hamidon goos. 

i think you’ll be waiting for a very long time - i don’t delete any rare salvage on my kin def for no apparent reason and it doesn’t build up fast or stack much

i reckon 100+ vet levels

• Like 1

Yeah, I've gotten about 80 vet levels and 120 regular levels since I stopped selling rare salvage instead of putting it into storage 

I'd say the highest any individual piece of rare salvage has stacked across all those characters is like. five. and I only craft what I get recipe drops for, no flipping, so I'm not burning them.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Just anecdotally, I notice on characters that farm, rare salvage is just that - rare. It drops, but certainly not often. That said, I am well aware of the odds of accumulating that specific type of rare salvage 20x...well, it's going to be a while. Thankfully, this is a character that I have thus far enjoyed. 

I even learned some things about it I didn't know regarding twilight grasp. It has such a seemingly long animation when you need a heal, that I would usually just use a green inspiration. I had either not noticed or forgotten the benefits of using this power more as a proactive power than a reactive one. I was waiting for mids to update energize in the Mu Mastery, but I've been encouraged to look at dark in lieu of electric. But I digress...in any event, I anticipate playing this one for quite some time. 

• Like 1

Just FYI, I don't farm. At all. Last time I was inside of a farm map was 2019 and I've never built a farming character in live or HC. All of my salvage drops are from just doing normal content.

And by all means, I like the idea. 🙂 Just want to make sure you're forewarned.

Edited by Sunsette

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

If I'm being transparent, ordinarily I would just sell this recipe. I mean, a pet? That doesn't do anything? It's fairly worthless to me. But, given the rarity of the drop...something like .4% of a chance that only drops in a hami raid from Hami himself or a mito...well, given that half the raids are zergs, it's a fairly rare thing to get. So, for me, it serves just as much purpose in my inventory as it would scurrying behind me as I go from place to place. 

It takes as long as it takes. I will have to make a concerted effort to tackle arcane critters, like CoT, as opposed to Council or Freakshow. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ukase said:

If I'm being transparent

19 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

This is just like "Dehydrated water: just add water"!

image.thumb.jpeg.8d02660a5742762d0bfc5731a5e51248.jpeg

I already have two Water/Poison corruptors, but I'm DYING to make Instant Jellyfish now.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
  • Haha 2
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Who run Bartertown?

3 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

Yeah, I was very disappointed my mini Vanguard couldn't play with my mini Kronos Titan

I saw that and I immediately thought of them rolling around wrestling like a pair of puppies, so thank you for the awesomely adorable mental image!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Yomo Kimyata said:

I already have two Water/Poison corruptors, but I'm DYING to make Instant Jellyfish now.

I'd be happy to steal the idea, but I just can't with Water, I've tried twice and maybe it was just bad luck or something (sometimes toons just don't "click"), but the look of the set just doesn't work for me.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

22 hours ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

That's a lot of goo.

What do the other pet recipes require as an equivalent?

I can't speak for all of them, but the mini-scrapyard I got only required 1 Prismatic and 2.5M 

3 hours ago, Ukase said:

I can't speak for all of them, but the mini-scrapyard I got only required 1 Prismatic and 2.5M 

Just checked on Beta and that's the cost on all of them.  Should be noted the Hami Bud is the only Purple of the list.

Also, they don't seem to be part of the random drop from the BL Vendor.  (At least in 160 tries)

Edited by lemming
  • Thanks 1

That reminds me to copy the character with it and craft it on brainstorm to see what it looks like. It might look too much like a bud and cause some confusion. 

For those curious, I have now accumulated 4 Hamidon Goos. Sadly, I goofed in using one during my routine craft & convert at the end of the character's play session. 
So, down to 3. 
Only 17 to go...