kiosk potential... anyone click on them?

44 minutes ago, shortguy on indom said:

as title says.

Your title makes no sense.  What kiosk?  Merit Vendor kiosk?  BenevoLabs kiosk?  City Data Terminal Kiosk?  Vanguard Merit Reward kiosk?  That bodega in Talos where you can get a great pastrami sandwich??  ....please elaborate.  Which kiosk and what potential are you referring to?

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm assuming you're talking about the square "City information" ones. The ones that used to do things like track kills and such. Yes, I found it amusing to be a "Nemesis nemesis" on occasion. But apparently that took up more processing power than anyone expected, so...

What about them?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

16 minutes ago, Snarky said:

That bodega in Talos is connected to the Family.  I would not eat anything they make in that kitchen…

The Family takes great pride in their food, so you can trust what they make.  It's SOOOO good!  Mmmm... Chicken Marsala with a side of Lasagna.  😄  

• Thumbs Up 1

I usually forget they do anything at all until I do Outbreak again or someone brings it up. City isn't a "click everything you see for immersion" game and their art assets don't call high attention to them in a way that breaks through the visual noise of the city, on top of all travel powers but Speed generally being too vertical to notice them.

• Thumbs Up 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

Have them show an image of the player looking at the kiosk with a "Lord Nemesis is watching you" caption.

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

17 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

as title says.

What potential do you see in kiosks?

What would you like them to do?

Being able to deposit inf? Make investments? Buy stocks maybe?

A way to gain more inf?

Maybe put inf in an account that grants you 5 % interest every month?

An option to turn in an Enhancement and get a new random one back?

Edited by KITANYA

Just restoring the kiosks to their full potential and functionality would be nice and nostalgic.  Used to click on these, not much at all anymore.  Lost their flavor.

Introduced: 

Issue 2, titled A Shadow of the Past, was a major revision to City of Heroes released on Thursday, September 16, 2004.

• The city information terminal kiosks were made functional so players could access various game statistics.
  • Kiosks are now functional, and track the Victors, Punishers, Healers, and Nemeses on a daily and monthly basis.

PvP Capture the Flag!  Bring some fun into it....

7 hours ago, shortguy on indom said:

Just restoring the kiosks to their full potential and functionality would be nice and nostalgic.  Used to click on these, not much at all anymore.  Lost their flavor.

As mentioned - what they were showing took up more processing power than expected, or so we were told, so that was disabled. Believe that was on live. Whether the ability to turn it back on is *possible* or not? I don't know, but I'd guess "no" (we don't have historic code going back through all the various patches from live, only what it was like at shutdown and what was worked on past.) Then the question becomes "is it technically desirable to turn it back on or would it cause problems?"

In a perfect CoH connected world, those terminals would be your in world UI for the app that you have on your mobile that allows you to track characters, home shard, level, inf, etc. So you can remain logged into the game while checking if you have what you need to do that TF that's being advertised on a slow night.

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

37 minutes ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

In a perfect CoH connected world, those terminals would be your in world UI for the app that you have on your mobile that allows you to track characters, home shard, level, inf, etc. So you can remain logged into the game while checking if you have what you need to do that TF that's being advertised on a slow night.

I can just imagine what the AH would look like if we could craft/buy/sell via a mobile app when not in the main game.

3 minutes ago, Techwright said:

I can just imagine what the AH would look like if we could craft/buy/sell via a mobile app when not in the main game.

Imagine away!  Isn't that entirely what this game is all about?

• Like 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

5 hours ago, TheMoneyMaker said:

There are no kiosk equivalents in the Rogue Isles.

If you make them functional somehow, then you need to add the same functionality to redside.

That's a very fair point. Gold side too!

I'm guessing that if they could make the tech work it would be relatively easy to do but given the issues with the kiosks to date I suspect they are in about as useful as a chocolate teapot