How does one start the Penelope Yin TF?

I'm sort of embarrassed to ask, but how do we get the Penelope Yin TF started?  We've just restarted playing after a decade or more off the COH grid and we've yet to figure out how to get that TF.  She just says the store isn't open yet.  Thanks kindlee!

Due to time and story shenanigans, Penelope Yin exists in two locations as two different ages.  The one you're talking to is in Faultline isn't the TF contact but has her own story arc in Faultline's own story.  The TF contact is next to the hospital in Independence Port where she's older and has realized her powerful psychic abilities.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

3 hours ago, Rockpaw said:

I'm sort of embarrassed to ask, but how do we get the Penelope Yin TF started?  We've just restarted playing after a decade or more off the COH grid and we've yet to figure out how to get that TF.  She just says the store isn't open yet.  Thanks kindlee!

Welcome, Home!

No reason to be embarrassed asking.  Currently you have a "1" count for posted messages.  We all realize what that means, and hey, long-standing forumites ask obvious questions at times too.  I hope you enjoy Homecoming and don't hesitate to use the Help Channel in the in-game chat as well!

Thanks very much!  We'll take a shot at the TF soon!  There are actually a few of us retirees who came back and refounded our old supergroup together.  It's very fun!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 2

3 hours ago, Rockpaw said:

The version of Penny that you want to talk to is the one in Independence Port, next to the hospital.

Edited by biostem

2 hours ago, Rockpaw said:

Thanks very much!  We'll take a shot at the TF soon!  There are actually a few of us retirees who came back and refounded our old supergroup together.  It's very fun!

Welcome back!

Just an FYI - if you ever have doubts about the starting contact for a TF, just que up the task force (make sure to check the lil box on the lower right that says “Lock for team” - or something similar).

You will be transported to the correct contact.

• Thanks 1

Also, a pro tip: When fighting Freaks, the shockers who rez come back more powerful the more PCs are standing nearby when they rez.

So, knock 'em down and back off!

So many teams can't seem to grasp this.

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 3/13/2024 at 5:09 PM, Rockpaw said:

She just says the store isn't open yet. 

The Yin in Fauleline https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Penelope_Yin_(Faultline) is a 15-19 contact that you can get from Jake Temblor https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Jim_Temblor

You will probably need to level-lock (turn off your XP gain) to avoid out-leveling getting her as a contact and to run all her missions.

The others already explained how to get to https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Penelope_Yin_Task_Force

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

12 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Also, a pro tip: When fighting Freaks, the shockers who rez come back more powerful the more PCs are standing nearby when they rez.

So many teams can't seem to grasp this.

Ive played since release and I didnt know that 😮

• Finland 1

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

19 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Yep! 

19 hours ago, DoctorDitko said:

Or, stand close to get a better bonus mob, if you prefer. 

The American Dream, Willpower/Kinetic Melee Tanker, Everlasting.

On 3/16/2024 at 9:32 AM, Ejlertson said:

Ive played since release and I didnt know that 😮

yeah all freaks rez but the super stunners use a PBAOE damage rez that damages and drains end AND the more people near it when it drops the MORE it heals for, 

I keep yelling take the Super stunners at range but no one seems to listen to that so we keep getting nailed for health and end in the middle of fights

My Dear you deserve the services of a great wizard but youll have to settle for the aid of a second rate pick pocket

~Schmendrick

So you mean you'll put down your rock, and I'll put down my sword; and we'll try and kill each other like civilized people?