New GM Ideas

Mercy Island: Pestilential

Enemy Type: Infected

Summon: Completing the Weird Science Story Arc or Ouroboros TF

Powers: Within the Infected Powers.

NOTE: Can be a basic reskinning of Adamastor, or one of the Infected Bosses.

Port Oakes: Eye of The Leviathan

Enemy Type: Coralax

Summon: Completing the Operative Renault Strike Force.

Powers: Already Defined

NOTE: "This massive eye dominates the Temple of the Waters. Some say the eye is part of a gargantuan beast who slumbers under Sharkhead Isle" But "some" got it wrong! Appear for 5 minutes after the SF is complete if not attacked around Port Oakes southern coast. (Same principle as Jurassic who is in the Numia TF in Eden, but appears in Crey Folley)

Founder's Fall: Kronos Class Titan

Enemy Type: Malta

Summon: Change it to appear after completing the  Dr. Kahn Task Force.

Bloody Bay: Shivan Obliterator (DIB)

Enemy: Shivan

Summon: When 8 players complete gotten the Shivan Shard in a 24 hour period.

NOTE: Can be summoned multiple times in a day, but for every 8 players that have completed the mission from the (Evil) Scientist. For argument sake, if 7 players get the Shivan Shard by 23:59 GMT, the counter is reset to 0; if 16 players get it before 23:59 GMT, the GM is summoned twice. I also like this as it would create more PvP situations; for example, 5 Heroes and 3 villains show up, beat the GM but also do damage to each other, then can run or fight after the GM is down. If this can be done, and gives the PvP community some extra incentive, then the same can be one summon Paladin in Siren's Call for Battle for Siren's Call, and https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Arachnos_Flier in Warburg for Missile Launch Mission.

Edited by Canadian Anvil
  • Like 7

Just my 2 cents, I really like the idea of a Infected GM.

• Like 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I've always been disappointed that there isn't a CoT Behemoth Overlord GM.  They need a big evil to lord its size over them (and everyone else).

As a side note, I've also thought a sized up Hordeling sized up would also be a good GM model.

Additionally, we have Prometheus in Ouroboros indicating that the Titans of myth are real.  Maybe one of the others could escape Tartarus occasionally and run rampant until some heroes put it down.

And just because... a nod to the old Attack of the 50 Foot Woman movie, maybe a generic civilian model given invulnerability and super strength powers to run rampant, the result of which could be triggered by completing some mission that involves a mad scientist and the giant civilian menace is an escaped lab experiment driven to a berserk fury.

• Like 4

I'd like to see Atta the Troll King pop up as a low-challenge low-merit Giant Monster after the Superadine Raves.  He could show up in Grendel's Gulch in the Hollows and roam about for a while.

In addition to the flashback taskforce-spawned super-infected, Mercy Island could also get another Giant Monster that spawns after beating 100 snakes or something, kinda like Scrapyard.  It'd be nice to see Stheno have a more active presence in her attempts to seize the island.

Along those same lines, more Arch Villains in general making appearances as zone challenges would be wonderful, whether it be triggered by task force, 'ritual', or faction patrol hunting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ThatGuyCDude said:

I'd like to see Atta the Troll King pop up as a low-challenge low-merit Giant Monster after the Superadine Raves.  He could show up in Grendel's Gulch in the Hollows and roam about for a while.

In addition to the flashback taskforce-spawned super-infected, Mercy Island could also get another Giant Monster that spawns after beating 100 snakes or something, kinda like Scrapyard.  It'd be nice to see Stheno have a more active presence in her attempts to seize the island.

Along those same lines, more Arch Villains in general making appearances as zone challenges would be wonderful, whether it be triggered by task force, 'ritual', or faction patrol hunting.

I like that idea too: Raging Atta (increase his size) after X number of troll ravers killed.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2024 at 1:04 AM, Player2 said:

And just because... a nod to the old Attack of the 50 Foot Woman movie, maybe a generic civilian model given invulnerability and super strength powers to run rampant, the result of which could be triggered by completing some mission that involves a mad scientist and the giant civilian menace is an escaped lab experiment driven to a berserk fury.

I had an additional thought on this.  Would be funny if after you defeat the GM, instead of dying it transforms into a normal-sized version of itself as an ordinary citizen NPC again and then runs away in that frantic NPC run animation.  Like "OMG I'm saved" but also "I'm gettin' the heck out of here before they keep attacking!"

Also, a version of this could be added to both red and blue sides.  Escaped mad science experiments can happen anywhere.

Edited by Player2
  • Like 1

Awesome thread idea. There was a similar thread a bit ago and some suggestions were made. I like the ones made here and they'd be easy adds. You definitely don't want to add too many but some would be great.

The one I liked was the Zodiac themed one. Each Zodiac sign would appear randomly (or via triggering event) during their corresponding dates on the Zodiac calendar. Each one will do the usual 6 merits etc rewards and have a unique badge. Once you get all 12 badges, you then get an accolade power - TBD. 

Accolade power ideas:

1) summon a mini replica of one of the Zodiac GMs that can help fight or buff

2) grant an extra 2% on two attributes (player picks)

3) ....any other options and so on

Each Zodiac GM should be slightly larger than the max size of a toon but not as big as the giants like Adamastor or Kronos etc etc. Those guys are just massive. Ideally the Zodiac GMs would be the size of something like God-Champion from SBB.

Anyway, a bit of a different wrinkle on fun events. 

• Like 1

It would not be possible at all, even if the game had a live team, but I’ve been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and watched the Shiva fight from Harryhausen’s Sinbad and would love a Snake GM with multiple arms (four or six) that uses modified dual blades.

2 hours ago, Sakura Tenshi said:

It would not be possible at all, even if the game had a live team, but I’ve been playing Heroes of Might and Magic 3 and watched the Shiva fight from Harryhausen’s Sinbad and would love a Snake GM with multiple arms (four or six) that uses modified dual blades.

Years ago I chatted about this with one of the people that used to work on CoX. Apparently the Arachnos crab model would allow for this...?

Lots of ideas here.  Redside, just by having a smaller number of zones, has a lot less GMs.  Looking at the LFG spam as I'm playing my villains there's far more opportunities to gain merits and Monstrous Aether blue side than there is red side.  And Boomtown even has two GMs, Babbage and the Goliath War Walker.

So...

Mercy: Avatar of Stheno

Once in a while the wrath of Stheno is sufficient to cause an avatar of her to arise.  A giant snake stalks the isle of Mercy, dispatching all humans that it finds.  I'd like to see a giant (and I mean giant, at least as tall as the five story buildings that are common on Mercy) snake that follows a predetermined path through various neighborhoods on Mercy, fighting and scattering all PCs and NPCs in the area.  Besides a venom spray and really big AoE sword attacks, it can summon a lot of snakes to fight anyone in the area ("Snakes!  Why did it have to be snakes!")  This might take some work getting the pathing to work and the right AI so it can move around but also stop to fight things, but I think it would be pretty cool and in theme with the zone.  I would love players to see a giant snake emerging slowly from one of the narrow alleys the building form in that area as it paths around to various places.  Should keep it away from the newbie areas (which are Mercy neighborhood and right around it), don't want to actually slay anyone just getting started.

Port Oaks: Ghost Pirate Ship

What's the point of ghost pirates without a ghost pirate ship?  The ghost pirate ship spawns around Fort Hades, traveling up and down the coast and spawning pirates.  These pirates walk up out of the ocean and meander about on shore and further inland.  If you kill enough pirates, the pirate ships heads for you and attacks, firing its cannons and spawning ghosts (not pirates, the CoT kind).  Defeat the pirate ship and get it's treasure (a chest full of Monstrous Aether.  And one piece.)  I'd really like to see the pirates that spawn in the ocean use the zombie spawn animation, so players have a good sense of them actually arising in the ocean, like they're rising from a water grave.  Being ghosts, they should not swim, but should walk along the bottom until they can walk up on shore.  Would make a cool effect imo.  (Hmm, Jurassic often stands in the water but doesn't use the swimming animation, maybe check its script to see how it works?)

Sharkhead: Extremely Large Slag Golem

Just have one of the Slag Golem models spawn at 50' tall, and wandering around the shoreline to the north and north west (The Crush, I think).  It's a big ol' Jurassic clone, much taller but about as tough.  Main job is to give players a slightly different punching bag.  Might have one "fun" power, like a high mag Stun & KB foot stomp or something.

On 3/17/2024 at 10:04 PM, Player2 said:

I like this a lot.  Dr. Aeon should get to work on it, stat.  (P. S. Bonus points if, King Kong style, she's grabbed Dr. Aeon and your job is to rescue him from the clutches of his own creation.)

• Like 1

Something creeping out of dark astoria into talos/founders falls waters, i am not sure how deep the walls go but they were designed to keep alien dropships out

Skyway city troll rave being level scaled + atta/family/etc bosses showing off the latest batch

Steel canyon gangs showing off freshly stolen artifacts from m.a.g.i.c. and they accidentally a captain planet tier golem with elemental based artifacts

Eden, a primordial ooze/spore thing in the woods and only in the woods

as long as im talking about woods, what about a random faceless axe murderer in perez park.  dual blades, axes, disappears every 25/50% to random wooded areas

The hollows, that ash golem thing getting out sometimes

Brickstown can use a stolen crey tanker/proto power suit/whatever or something by one or more of the prisoners, make it a cheesy power rangers thing

Faultline is pretty deep, ancient evil awoken somewhere

cant think of anything for the sewer network that has not been done already, maybe vahzilok using random 'player' models(body parts).  maybe the lore is rage quitters who didnt get a badge leaving in a huff and getting lost only to be apart of The Composite.  im thinking a cross of dr vahzilok and futuramas sewer balloons, make it fueled by badgerage

Edited by kelika2

Okay hear me out a GM GM

Have a GM slip in the role of a GM so we can fight them

Edit: maybe do it weekly and give it a badge for PVPing a GM... "Banhamer theft"

Edited by jkwak
  • Like 1

back to the Zukunft

@Jkwak

@GM Bot would be the perfect GM to fight. As due to LLM and the mother of all Loras it has become self aware with a mission to eliminate the existing supers within Paragon City. 

It has secretly constructed a robotic body for itself similar to Mecha Godzilla and Tommy's Dragon Zord. retrofitted by removing its head is a giant Police Drone with a mouth with metallic fangs.  It has also been outfitting with a battery of gattling guns and missile launchers on its shoulders, it spits out a massive tar patch like patch from its mouth that roots mobs in place, it swings it's massive spiked tail impaling those behind it, it can spew forth a massive flame, and it's scream let's out a massive mag 20 pbaoe confuse.

However it's ultimate weapon is a 120-foot-wide power dampening array located on its back which causes an untyped damage DoT similar to the TV reactor, but also applies a lingering reverse special debuff that lowers player's damage output, regen, recovery, defense, resistance, and healing received.

Those killed by GM Bot are temporarily zoned into Galaxy City, then after 10 seconds are returned to the hospital closest to GM Bot.

Getting GM Bot down to 10% HP, causes it to activate its Fail-Safe of spawning 20 hostile police drones. These police drones instead of insta killing you, drain you of 50% of your maximum HP and Stamina upon being hot in addition to a moderate untyped damage.

Defeating GM Bot yields 50 reward merits, and a badge titled B.A.M.F. there's also a 1% chance of being awarded the mini GM Bot pet.

• Like 1

Nerva:  Even More Giant Hydra Head

Nerva needs a GM that's roughly equivalent in complexity and rewards to Lusca.  A really really big hydra head complete with eight tentacles.  Should spawn around the north end of Nerva and wander about.  Basically a big fight that's like Lusca, but for villains.  (Before issue 8, Lusca could spawn up to three times in IP.  It would be cool to have up to three of these wandering around Nerva.)

1 hour ago, gameboy1234 said:

Nerva:  Even More Giant Hydra Head

Nerva needs a GM that's roughly equivalent in complexity and rewards to Lusca.  A really really big hydra head complete with eight tentacles.  Should spawn around the north end of Nerva and wander about.  Basically a big fight that's like Lusca, but for villains.  (Before issue 8, Lusca could spawn up to three times in IP.  It would be cool to have up to three of these wandering around Nerva.)

Why not 8 heads and one tentacle?

No... no, never mind.  That would probably be bad.

• Haha 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

On 3/18/2024 at 12:04 AM, Player2 said:

I've always been disappointed that there isn't a CoT Behemoth Overlord GM.  They need a big evil to lord its size over them (and everyone else).

As a side note, I've also thought a sized up Hordeling sized up would also be a good GM model.

The CoT were never finished. They were set to come back in Incarnate Stories. The entrance to this zone can still be seen in the Hollows. The shut down of course Prevented further storytelling. I'm confident we would have had a Giant CoT monster in that story line however.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 3/21/2024 at 1:52 PM, Player2 said:

GMs are all powerful.  A GM GM would be ridiculously OP...  OP OP, even.

On 3/21/2024 at 2:30 PM, gameboy1234 said:

That's not just too OP.  That's like three OP.

Actually, the OP grows geometrically, so more than three...

23 hours ago, Arc-Mage said:

The CoT were never finished. They were set to come back in Incarnate Stories. The entrance to this zone can still be seen in the Hollows. The shut down of course Prevented further storytelling. I'm confident we would have had a Giant CoT monster in that story line however.

AFAIK the Circle was canonically obliterated in the Dark Astoria storyline, and so hard that I can hardly imagine them still be as big a deal as they used to be.

Also, where exactly is that unused new zone entrance? I'd like to take a look at it myself.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:21 AM, Vic Raiden said:

AFAIK the Circle was canonically obliterated in the Dark Astoria storyline, and so hard that I can hardly imagine them still be as big a deal as they used to be.

Also, where exactly is that unused new zone entrance? I'd like to take a look at it myself.

Sure, Go to the Steel Canyon entrance. As you are facing out into the Hallows with your back towards the Entrance to Steel Canyon. That bit of weird CoT architecture to the left. That was going to be a portal to the "other" CoT zone. You can even see the Portal light going upward. 

After the game closed some of the Devs would do a "LoreGasm" every year. I'm pretty sure it's talked about in one of those. 

Edited by Arc-Mage

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 3/24/2024 at 7:21 AM, Vic Raiden said:

Yes and no.  The Circle's free-floating specters were swallowed up by Mot by virtue of its control over death, feeding its power [and the last clue suggests only those in Mot's range, though by the end of the arc that range is *extreme*].  The Tsoo's Ancestor Spirits were only spared this fate because they were anchored to living hosts by way of the Incarnate Ink (speculation on my part; it's never explicitly stated but it's the only explanation that makes sense as to why they weren't also absorbed).  When Mot was defeated, everything it consumed was once more released, so the Circle could reasonably attempt a comeback... possibly with more forceful possessions like they do with the scientists outside Portal Corp.

They're also active in other dimensions, so even if everything I said is completely wrong, other Circles could rise to power.

I'd definitely love to see a Behemoth giant monster just towering over a district, or perhaps looming on a distant island in Nerva Archipelago.