Suggestions for Issue 28.

My suggested theme for the next update of our game is this... changing sides.
For example: Miss Liberty begins to become corrupted by seeking revenge for the Statesman's death. And Scirocco realizes that he really likes someone on the hero's side and doesn't want to continue being a villain.

Something  like this.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

Scirocco (and Ice Mistral?) were planned back on Live to go hero. Parts of that arc can still be seen on Youtube. It would be nice if it was brought back and finished.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Rudra said:

Scirocco (and Ice Mistral?) were planned back on Live to go hero. Parts of that arc can still be seen on Youtube. It would be nice if it was brought back and finished.

I believe Ice Mistral was supposed to replace him as one of Recluse's top lieutenants. I agree they should finish that arc, because his patron arc is him trying to be a hero and you stopping it. The only reason he's still there is Paragon Studios wasn't able to finish it.

• Like 1

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

14 minutes ago, Lockely said:

I believe Ice Mistral was supposed to replace him as one of Recluse's top lieutenants. I agree they should finish that arc, because his patron arc is him trying to be a hero and you stopping it. The only reason he's still there is Paragon Studios wasn't able to finish it.

Are you sure it wasn't Red Widow that was going to take his place? Ice Mistral was acting rather heroicly too.

I don't think Ms. Liberty should change sides.  What would be interesting is if Dominatrix snuck into our dimension and started committing crimes, posing as Ms. Liberty, though.  Maybe add in some vigilante and rogue contacts and flesh out that aspect of the game a bit more?

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd still like to see the Signature Sentinel Hero / Villain be introduced, whether using an existing hero or creating a new Character.  The Switching sides idea has merit, but we'd need an appropriate Task Force(s) around that concept. Say Villain side use Scirocco, and design a Hero Task Force around bringing him over to the Good Side. Find an acceptable hero to turn Vigilante / Villain and have a Villain Task Force around that.

Other thing to suggest is to upgrade Ms. Liberty and turn her into Stateswoman, which some of the character art before the shutdown suggested was going to happen. Have her mom take her place as the trainer in in Atlas Park, and upgrade her New Costume visuals in Independence Port for her Task Force.

• Like 1

Interesting ideas. I don't like the idea of linear progression for games. It gets way to convoluted and messy in many areas. That is my biggest issue with the 'Who Will Die?' arc and others like it. It doesn't really make sense.  

34 minutes ago, DrIlluminatis said:

Have her mom take her place as the trainer in in Atlas Park, and upgrade her New Costume visuals in Independence Port for her Task Force.

Her mom is dead.

4 hours ago, DrIlluminatis said:

Find an acceptable hero to turn Vigilante / Villain and have a Villain Task Force around that.

IIRC Manticore was supposed to flip evil when Scirocco joined the blue team.

He's already red, it works.

And IIRC Scirocco's past incarnation, the big beefy guy with the tribal tattoos and the topknot on the game's blueside loading screen, was a hero before he died and Scirocco inherited his powers.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheMoneyMaker said:
5 hours ago, Rudra said:

Her mom is dead.

and no one ever comes back from the dead.

Typically when it comes to game lore? No, the NPCs usually stay dead.

5 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

IIRC Manticore was supposed to flip evil when Scirocco joined the blue team.

He's already red, it works.

And IIRC Scirocco's past incarnation, the big beefy guy with the tribal tattoos and the topknot on the game's blueside loading screen, was a hero before he died and Scirocco inherited his powers.

Yeah, Manticore was supposed to be tired of hero politics and letting people go who turn around and just kill people the second they're released/escape, and go full Vigilante.

Lockely's AE Tales:

H: The Rook's Gambit (Arc ID 49351), P: Best Left Buried (WIP)

20 hours ago, Lockely said:

Ice Mistral was pretty heroic in that arc, while Mu'Drakhan has a personal story about seizing power away from Scirocco. I would be surprised if it ended with anyone but Mu'Drakhan in charge.

• Like 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

7 hours ago, Lockely said:

Yeah, Manticore was supposed to be tired of hero politics and letting people go who turn around and just kill people the second they're released/escape, and go full Vigilante.

It would be interested if some of the ideas in this thread came true, including this one.

Would spice things up.

• Like 1

There are some arcs, "Pandora's Box"?, where there is some chatter with Arachnos talking about Ice Mistral & Scirocco acting weirdly heroic ever since they came back from Dark Astoria.

• Like 1

Scirocco and Ice Mistral go good, and either move directly into Brickstown or preferably move into Faultline for hopefully a new midlevel anti-Arachnos TF (maybe Ghost Widow can send the Wretch after them or something, or Red Widow does something to prove herself worthy of taking over Scirocco's spot). The patron unlock could be tied blueside to having this TF badge.

Mirror Spirit and Blue Steel move into Skyway and take over the Synapse TF. Back Alley Brawler moves into King's Row, and Swan takes over Brawler's spot in Atlas Park.

Synapse and Mynx move to Brickstown and take over the Manticore TF (Synapse's backstory is all about Crey, so putting him in that position makes sense).

Red Widow takes over Scirocco's place. Red Widow has vague CoT ties, so some Circle mages/demons join Arachnos replacing Mu Mystics (just picture some Wolf Spiders wearing Circle of Thorns bits). Most Mu mystics scatter to the four winds but some join Longbow and others spread to other factions like the Warriors, Carnies, or Malta. Red Widow gets a patron pool with a magic or demon-y theme, maybe letting non-Masterminds get access to the whip attacks.

Wyvern gets a big glow-up (to lv 40-50), Manticore and Wyvern take over Agincourt, reducing Longbow precense in Nerva or putting them in direct conflict with Wyvern in Agincourt. Manticore either continues to hunt Crey with a new redside SF, or focuses on Red Widow's new Thorn Spiders / Arachnos Magi. Red Widow's patron/destined arc involves fighting high level Wyvern, and maybe ends in rescuing Lord Recluse in a future where Evil Manticore has taken over.

Edited by PoptartsNinja
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

how about something like age of apocalypse in the 90's

someone uses oro and twists things up so

red side is now blue

and blue side is now red

completing tip quests helps repair the timestream

timestream is repaired in the next issue and

its changes are the leftover effects from us meddling with time

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

2 hours ago, PoptartsNinja said:

Scirocco and Ice Mistral go good, and either move directly into Brickstown or preferably move into Faultline for hopefully a new midlevel anti-Arachnos TF (maybe Ghost Widow can send the Wretch after them or something, or Red Widow does something to prove herself worthy of taking over Scirocco's spot). The patron unlock could be tied blueside to having this TF badge.

Mirror Spirit and Blue Steel move into Skyway and take over the Synapse TF. Back Alley Brawler moves into King's Row, and Swan takes over Brawler's spot in Atlas Park.

Synapse and Mynx move to Brickstown and take over the Manticore TF (Synapse's backstory is all about Crey, so putting him in that position makes sense).

Red Widow takes over Scirocco's place. Red Widow has vague CoT ties, so some Circle mages/demons join Arachnos replacing Mu Mystics (just picture some Wolf Spiders wearing Circle of Thorns bits). Most Mu mystics scatter to the four winds but some join Longbow and others spread to other factions like the Warriors, Carnies, or Malta. Red Widow gets a patron pool with a magic or demon-y theme, maybe letting non-Masterminds get access to the whip attacks.

Wyvern gets a big glow-up (to lv 40-50), Manticore and Wyvern take over Agincourt, reducing Longbow precense in Nerva or putting them in direct conflict with Wyvern in Agincourt. Manticore either continues to hunt Crey with a new redside SF, or focuses on Red Widow's new Thorn Spiders / Arachnos Magi. Red Widow's patron/destined arc involves fighting high level Wyvern, and maybe ends in rescuing Lord Recluse in a future where Evil Manticore has taken over.

Not sure about the Red Widow paragraph for a few reasons -- the Mu Mystics are iconic, deeply tied in with Arachnos now, and Mu'Drakhan was poised to become the new patron -- but overall this is a lot of great ideas I love.

• Like 1

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

On 3/19/2024 at 5:07 PM, biostem said:

I don't think Ms. Liberty should change sides.  What would be interesting is if Dominatrix snuck into our dimension and started committing crimes, posing as Ms. Liberty, though.  Maybe add in some vigilante and rogue contacts and flesh out that aspect of the game a bit more?

I know, I know... but it was just one example. We can think in other NPCs too here.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/19/2024 at 4:27 PM, DrIlluminatis said:

I'd still like to see the Signature Sentinel Hero / Villain be introduced, whether using an existing hero or creating a new Character.  The Switching sides idea has merit, but we'd need an appropriate Task Force(s) around that concept. Say Villain side use Scirocco, and design a Hero Task Force around bringing him over to the Good Side. Find an acceptable hero to turn Vigilante / Villain and have a Villain Task Force around that.

Other thing to suggest is to upgrade Ms. Liberty and turn her into Stateswoman, which some of the character art before the shutdown suggested was going to happen. Have her mom take her place as the trainer in in Atlas Park, and upgrade her New Costume visuals in Independence Port for her Task Force.

Her mom is dead

47 minutes ago, DrIlluminatis said:

Oh I didn't know she died because when I logged in she was one of the Contacts for the Valentine event, and I don't think I've done that TF / Event where she dies

Miss Liberty only shows up a few times. She shows up in the flashback arc where you bring Recluse to power in the Rogue Isles, and she shows up in the arc where she dies in Episode 3 of Who Will die in Warburg.

Edit: Mender Tesseract is the contact for the story arc that puts Recluse in power if you didn't know. Level 25-34 story arc. Agent Kwahu in Founder's Falls and Fortunata Gossamer in St. Martial are the contacts for Episode 3 of Who Will Die. Both are level 30-40.

Edited by Rudra
  • Thumbs Down 1