Katie Hannon Last Night: It was my fault

16 hours ago, The Chairman said:

The final round has Mary at +3, so bumping difficulty to +2 makes her +5. A +5 AV at L34 can easily be problematic.

I can almost guarantee that 95% (probably higher) of the players setting up TFs/SFs do not take the AV's bump up into account, nor even any other character for that matter.  Most probably have a mental sticking point that sees all opponents as homogenously at whatever setting they choose.  And that's the problem.  It may be too much to ask but it would be nice if the game had a pop-up that revealed what the top tier characters for any TF/SF will be based on the setting chosen, before the TF/SF starts.  So in the case of KHTF, if the lead sets to a +2 and hits the start button, the game will first display "AVs in this +2 instance will fight at +5.  Do you wish to proceed? Yes/No, change setting".

15 hours ago, Herotu said:

I think I love AI ...

Here's your horse ninja ...

Default_A_horse_that_is_also_a_ninja_dra

How soon can we have the components in stock at iCON?

Edited by Techwright
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Snokle said:

I have been told by my old boss who was a Samurai that there is no such thing as ninjas. So those are good horses in disguise.

just because he never saw any doesn't mean they don't exist!

47 minutes ago, Snarky said:

I wanted a certain badge (ghost widow) and so joined a team last night. Ad was “chill run full arc”.  Gathered a team of 8. It was +2.  On nearly every map the team split.  It was, in my opinion, anything but chill.  I never said a word and did what i could to help.  When i wasnt face planted.  AR Blaster sidekick.  

Maybe people think this is “chill”.  In my opinion they have not experienced 1) a speed team 2) a team that can actually clean a map quickly.  This was a brutal slog through Longbow, Carnies, and Crey. On a team with all the cohesion of a hamburger thrown out a car window at freeway speed.  

Team cohesion and teamwork both count for a lot even on a "chill" team. I would argue it's impossible to be chill without such elements

• Thumbs Up 1

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

A week back, did a SF on Red side.  No "speed" or other modifying mentioned.   It was +3, which is clear and 'ok' as we had the team for it.  But, surprise surprise, it was also no insp. No temp powers.   Feel like that should be made clear at the start.  Reviewed logs, no mention.   Cool to play that way, but had to be disclosed. Played through and enjoyed once we knew the gig.

I once joined a +4x8 KM ITF.

Once it started, it became apparent it was set up as a 1 star, which we were not “equipped” for.

Someone mentioned it, and everyone agreed that we should restart after switching over to more capable toons - cool.

We switch, start and now it’s a +2x4 regular ITF.

At this point, I think everyone just wanted to be done with it because no one said anything, so we just blew though it.

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Ghost said:

I once joined a +4x8 KM ITF.

Once it started, it became apparent it was set up as a 1 star, which we were not “equipped” for.

Someone mentioned it, and everyone agreed that we should restart after switching over to more capable toons - cool.

We switch, start and now it’s a +2x4 regular ITF.

At this point, I think everyone just wanted to be done with it because no one said anything, so we just blew though it.

More and more common with the (disclaimer, i am glad for new players) influx of players.  

My favorite was a recent advertisement for a BAF badge run about a week ago.  The League fills and the leader says “does anyone know how to badge this, i have not done it before”….

Don’t Put “Descartes Before The Horse” When Outsourcing

Edited by Snarky
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Snarky said:

More and more common with the (disclaimer, i am glad for new players) influx of players.  

My favorite was a recent advertisement for a BAF badge run about a week ago.  The League fills and the leader says “does anyone know how to badge this, i have not done it before”….

Been there a few times, though I think everytime was on Excel...  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

just because he never saw any doesn't mean they don't exist!

The look he gave when we mentioned this brought a chill down our spine. We learned that there was no such thing called ninjas, and since that day we have never seen them to change our beliefs.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

2 hours ago, Snokle said:

The look he gave when we mentioned this brought a chill down our spine. We learned that there was no such thing called ninjas, and since that day we have never seen them to change our beliefs.

And herein is the basis of many funding bids made by faculties of Philosophy!

It's a great story though! Thanks for sharing

• Like 2

The Ghost Slaying Axe. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every motherspectre in the room, accept no substitutes.

We know a song about Ninja horses don't we children?

Yes we do. We know it's a song dealing specifically with ninja horses because none of you saw it coming!

3 hours ago, Scarlet Shocker said:

And herein is the basis of many funding bids made by faculties of Philosophy!

It's a great story though! Thanks for sharing

As with any great story there is a small sliver of truth, and ninjas.

Psicy Chill - Ice/Psi/Psi | Sive Ni Brielan - Plant/Earth/Fire | Elemental Elder Lord - Earth/Fire/Fire | Selinia Baneheart - Dark/Therm/Fire | Mylia Stenetch - Necro/Dark/Soul | Radiated Shot - Rad/Arch/Mace | Nameless Witch - Storm/Water/Mu | Phantom Racer - Fire/Cold/Scorp | Neera Darkspar - Beam/Temp/Soul | Neera Etra - Dark/SR | Shieldbreaker - Elec/Shield/Mu | Frozen Tombstress Ice/Rad/Ice | Subliminal Darkness - Psi/Dark/Psi | Mirana Darkblade - Katana/Regen/Soul | Máistir Fiach - SoA Huntmaster | Night Reaver - SoA Widow | Sweet Senpai - SoA Bane

On 3/26/2024 at 3:58 PM, MoonSheep said:

shouldn’t be that hard - sounds like someone had a fear power that was causing her to run

I believe that if you run that fight with no one who has a taunt whatsoever, Mary will run constantly if you don't have the DPS to burn her very fast or the controls to hold her in place. Have experienced it a few times. 

irregulars book logo noby white.png

Sundered Marches: The Website | The Official Soundtrack!

6 hours ago, Sunsette said:

I believe that if you run that fight with no one who has a taunt whatsoever, Mary will run constantly if you don't have the DPS to burn her very fast or the controls to hold her in place. Have experienced it a few times. 

True but

I hate to think about the duration of any control vs a +5 AV when you're level 34.  Hey at least Taunt would be auto hit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

True but

I hate to think about the duration of any control vs a +5 AV when you're level 34.  Hey at least Taunt would be auto hit.

I was on an Arsenal/Arsenal Dom and there was another Arsenal Controller

holds ....what holds....

/e poofgone

On 3/26/2024 at 1:53 PM, JasperStone said:

Got to Mary 8 and 9. Deaths galore.

BUT>>> we got to Mary 10

And she decided to give us a tour of the map

I mean, THE entire map

PLUS

Introducing us to all her friends.

She would speed away and plop in the middle of a group

More deaths. More Trips to my base.

is there a badge for that?

• Haha 1

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

22 hours ago, Snarky said:

Don’t Put “Descartes Before The Horse” When Outsourcing

I've used the joke that leads to that pun. I imagine your totally shocked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/26/2024 at 2:58 PM, MoonSheep said:

what’s wrong with +2? shouldn’t be that hard - sounds like someone had a fear power that was causing her to run

the problem is when it’s ran on +3 or +4 and the final katie ends up being +5 or worse, that’s when it becomes impossible no matter how many team insps you load up on

Not impossible, I've done it a bunch of times. What we did was I kited Mary through the ruins while potshotting the rest of the mobs the rest of the group whittled down whenever her pathing gave me breathing room to help out, until she's alone and then it's a textbook slog, as pathing allows.

It's not pretty, and it sure isn't quick, and I'd never bother with this while sober, but it is for sure totally doable.

10 hours ago, JasperStone said:

I was on an Arsenal/Arsenal Dom and there was another Arsenal Controller

holds ....what holds....

Heh, how about Immobolize, that's the anti track star mez (runs off to see if CoD has been updated for Arsenal).  Wow no Immobilize ... that's a large negative in my book.  Not enough to not try it out but ... 

And any Holds you do land are going to wear off with alarming speed.  But yes the right team with the right powers could beat a +5 Mary reliably and without needing forever to do it (the more reliably and quickly the more 'hand picked' the team would need to become.

56 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Heh, how about Immobolize, that's the anti track star mez (runs off to see if CoD has been updated for Arsenal).  Wow no Immobilize ... that's a large negative in my book.  Not enough to not try it out but ... 

And any Holds you do land are going to wear off with alarming speed.  But yes the right team with the right powers could beat a +5 Mary reliably and without needing forever to do it (the more reliably and quickly the more 'hand picked' the team would need to become.

spamming Tranq ... but sure

/e poofgone