A glitch in outfit customization?

So, I just got my Mu Mastery set, and went to customize the powers.  I found, to my consternation, that it was costing me more than 50k influence to alter all my War Mace powers, too.  ALL of them... even though they can't BE customized.  That might be a trivial cost to some, but it's a lot to me... especially repeated for EVERY costume.

I can't imagine this is how it's supposed to be.  Do I report this as a bug?

• Like 1

It's probably the redraw revamp, if you haven't updated the costume for while. At some point they got rid of "quick draw" animations and just made that the standard. If that's the case, you should have gotten a free costume change token.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Ah, that could be.  Doesn't help me if I have more than one costume, though... unless they awarded one for each.

Update: Went back in, no free tailoring at all.  I guess I'm just out 600000 inf.

Edited by Ultimo
  • Like 1

On the plus side, there's a badge for spending 50 million influence on costume changes.

Fashion Victim 🤪

Edited by Mopery
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

What, me worry?

1 hour ago, Ultimo said:

Ah, that could be.  Doesn't help me if I have more than one costume, though... unless they awarded one for each.

Update: Went back in, no free tailoring at all.  I guess I'm just out 600000 inf.

I do believe Yomo may still be giving out dome cash. Subject to Yomo’s casual schedule for reply. Might be worth it to shoot of an in game email…

6 hours ago, Ultimo said:

So, I just got my Mu Mastery set, and went to customize the powers.  I found, to my consternation, that it was costing me more than 50k influence to alter all my War Mace powers, too.  ALL of them... even though they can't BE customized.  That might be a trivial cost to some, but it's a lot to me... especially repeated for EVERY costume.

Sell some merits, bro. No level 50 should be this strapped for cash! Check the newbie guide in my signature.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ultimo said:

In the meantime,

If you haven't run all the tailor missions, I think you get a free costume token when you complete one of those.

https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Fashion_Designer_Badge dayjob give you a discount.

I haven't looked to see if we can sell the card pack costume tokens on the /ah - I have assumed that we can't ... I have a ton of those.

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

Usually if you change power customization, and save it.  Reloading it onto the other costume slots doesn't cost you any extra.  At least, how I remember it...

Though sometimes because of some weapon costume things, it starts off with a cost, which is probably what you're seeing.

11 hours ago, Ultimo said:

So, I just got my Mu Mastery set, and went to customize the powers.  I found, to my consternation, that it was costing me more than 50k influence to alter all my War Mace powers, too.

Sure seems like a bug.  If you open the tailor on any costume and it's already showing a cost... that's a bug.  It should only cost you to change something and if you've touched nothing yet, there should be no cost.   If an option is removed, like No Redraw, and you had that selected, then it should have already been changed offline by the patch.  It should not show up as a change in the costume creator.  If you try to import a saved costume that has No Redraw selected, I'd expect to get that message "some options not available, do you want to try importing anyway?"

If you do see a cost immediately upon entering the tailor screen, try going to the individual costume parts that show a cost and hit "revert" arrow next to it to see if the cost goes away.  I've seen that before and it's worked for me.    But it might not on a costume piece that no longer CAN be customized.   Might have to file a ticket.