What would be the fastest Solo'er ??

I'm looking for an alt that can solo.  It won't have any enhancements slotted.  I'm a little broke at the moment. I realize that you can solo with any AT, but i'm looking for the fastest.  Or perhaps the easiest to solo.   Any thoughts ??

• Banjo 1

Maybe it’s me… tank super strength and invulnerability and after about 20 crank up difficulty to x4 +3 and after a while all the way up. I slot for damage resistance. I have maxed out recipes or salvage not paying attention in a mission. 

• Banjo 1

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

1 hour ago, smnolimits42 said:

I'm looking for an alt that can solo.  It won't have any enhancements slotted.  I'm a little broke at the moment. I realize that you can solo with any AT, but i'm looking for the fastest.  Or perhaps the easiest to solo.   Any thoughts ??

The (near) immortal Tanker in my signature slows down for AVs, but starts at 0x6 or 0x8 by level 13 and then cruises. I didn't bother switching Scorch for Incinerate which would increase the AV whittling speed.

• Moose 1

so i tried a couple of characters, and i'm thinking of making another Ninja MM.  I already have a lvl 50 Ninja/Emapthy.  So no to Empathy.  Maybe Pain Domination ???  I also hear that Time is a good secondary ???

• Moose 1

you say no enhancement?  like not free?  not SO? not cheap I/O just none?

So, you lost me here because I cannot understand your mind set.  If you wanted the fastest soloer?  i do not know, but AR/Dev has the damage and gimmicks to speed any arc in the game at +1/x1   

Any Brute will make a decent soloer, and I have run a ton of content on SS/Will Brutes using just SOs.  

But,...  Ya, i have no idea how you even 

Good Luck

• Moose 1

as for enhancements, i just can't afford DO, SO or IOs.  For now, i'm treating this new alt as a newbie, and will slowly work on influence as i lvl up past 50.  I hope that helps, or even makes sense ??

• Moose 1

Fire Melee/Rad Armor Brute blows thru mobs like tissue paper. Good defense, high offense, self-heal. 

Psionic/Time Blaster with Hover does pretty darn good too. Sniper shot drops most yellows mobs and lower single shot. The self heal from the Time is all sorts of awesome once you get it. 

• Moose 1

I would imagine fastest soloer is some sort of stalker because of the amount of missions you can bypass and just take out the boss. 

I prefer brutes so the most fun in my opinion would be a brute. 

I have a few dollars left from yomo so if you send me your in-game global I can send you a couple of dollars.

• Moose 1

The fastest way to get to 50 solo is make 10 characters to try different stuff out and then see which one keeps bringing you back to them.

• Like 1
  • Moose 1
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Define "Fastest."

If we're talking mission completions, then Stalker for the reason already stated. Stone Armor on a Stalker is good stuff, endurance management, +HP/Self Heal, and bonus damage all in one package.

If we're talking clearing x8 maps, then idk, lots of options in that department. I suspect you'll end up slotting enhancements of some sort in short order.

Yes, Time/Temporal is a great secondary everywhere it appears.

• Moose 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

43 minutes ago, smnolimits42 said:

as for enhancements, i just can't afford DO, SO or IOs.  For now, i'm treating this new alt as a newbie, and will slowly work on influence as i lvl up past 50.  I hope that helps, or even makes sense ??

No, it does not make sense.  You can collect 5 merits for getting all badges in a zone. like Atlas Park, Echo Altas etc.  So even at level 1 you could get a few dozen merits.  Theat you buy converters with.  Then sell converters.  And get SO enhancers.  And, literally, a half dozen other really easy ways to get cash. Plus hundreds of more intricate ways.  

But, you do you.

• Like 2
  • Moose 1

45 minutes ago, cronus said:

I would imagine fastest soloer is some sort of stalker because of the amount of missions you can bypass and just take out the boss. 

I prefer brutes so the most fun in my opinion would be a brute. 

I have a few dollars left from yomo so if you send me your in-game global I can send you a couple of dollars.

my global is @Lady Grams.  Thanks in advance

• Moose 1

23 minutes ago, Snarky said:

No, it does not make sense.  You can collect 5 merits for getting all badges in a zone. like Atlas Park, Echo Altas etc.  So even at level 1 you could get a few dozen merits.  Theat you buy converters with.  Then sell converters.  And get SO enhancers.  And, literally, a half dozen other really easy ways to get cash. Plus hundreds of more intricate ways.  

But, you do you.

ok i remember seeing a post dealing with leveling and getting a quick 5 merits in atlas.

• Moose 1

13 minutes ago, smnolimits42 said:

ok i remember seeing a post dealing with leveling and getting a quick 5 merits in atlas.

Okay, so having established it is laughably easy to make enough to easily get SOs, and with a lucky drop here or there some good I/Os feathered in....

You can solo on pretty much anything.  If you are doing story arcs (more merits...) then you can set up something like an AR/Dev.  This has a semi stealth in Field Operative.  Then you can pop a Celerity +Stealth in inherent sprint for full stealth.  To grab glowies you use smoke grenade from devices on mobs near glowie.  Very Fast.  Surgical.  If it is a boss, stealth in kill boss.  If it is a kill all.  Well, you are an AR Blaster after all...

But there are any number of AT and power set combos that will go fast.

• Moose 1

hmmm... easiest.  Well first off i want to be able to do all story content.  Such as Mathew Habashy in Atlas Park.  David Wincott in the hollows.  Than there is Striga Isle and Croatoa.  When i say easiest... even i'm not sure what i mean.  I guess i want to be able to do all the story arc missions listed above in -1x0.  I would prefer not to do them set at 4x8.  Does that help at all ??

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

So, let me try to give some pointers - based on experience from my "only slot what drops, no AH or merit vendor challenge" characters. And I've made quite a few. 

Fastest way to 50 solo - I did all those runs solo, by the way, because it wouldn't be proper to team with anyone without enhancements. Missing a few is fine. Team buffs can cover a lot of ills, and nobody has ever commented about me missing a target, because (even with the best enhancements, that will happen) nobody is really paying attention to when you miss. They'll notice big dps numbers, but the whiffs, no. 

Anyway, around level 11-12, you'll begin to run out of endurance more quickly. This is generally because 1) you have more attacks 2) you have nothing in stamina - and honestly, you probably don't have but one or two yellow DOs. And certainly no SOs, unless you did a DFB, but since you're going solo, that's out. 

Pro-tip: Check the AH for enhancements you might want - because they might be a lot cheaper than at the vendor. Like 100 inf might get it. Now, it may not, but it might. It's worth a look. But, you said fastest.
If you insist on melee, Bio armor is the way, because you can switch your armor to efficient mode once you get Adaptation. (level 10 for a brute). 
I suggest brute because it's just higher damage in the early levels because of fury, and well, despite a tanks superior cones, it's just more damage in general. Mind you - without many enhancements, you're only going off the odd damage DO or SO that drops that you can slot. Fury is a great source of extra damage, and efficient armor can help keep you going more than just about any other armor set. 

If you prefer range, while the blaster is great once they get the sustain, you're likely going to fare better with a defender. Defenders that are solo get a 30% damage buff. And well, it kind of makes up for not having scourge, which is what a corruptor has. The rule of thumb used to be if solo, go defender. If teaming, go corruptor. Anecdotally, a lot depends on how you slot, but since you're going bare bones, the type of defender or corruptor you go (no to controllers and doms - too end heavy, and you said you wanted fastest. These two ATs can go pretty fast in the higher levels. At lower levels...it's not even close. Not saying you shouldn't, it's just my experience they don't fare well because candidly put - Endurance modification enhancements very rarely drop. It's like 75 to 1 odds of those nifty blue enhancements dropping. 

So, if you go corruptor or defender, you'll likely want something like radiation..because of AM being available so early. 

Like level 4 early! Level 2 for the defender. AM gives both ATs the same base recovery of 30%. Kind of like actually having an end mod slotted. Still, it's barely enough once you start trying to get attack chains going. 

If you do spend any inf on any enhancements - end mods are the ones you'll want to buy. Damage, Resists, defense, accuracy, end reduction...all that stuff drops fairly often. But not end mod! 

There are some missions/content you'll want to go out of your way to do. 
First - the invention tutorial. That should give you a free Invention enhancement that will not expire on you. The buff you get from it at level 10 is very low. You'll want to do this tutorial around level 22..so you can get the 25. Ideally, you'd wait until level 40, but surely by that time you'll have 2 pennies to rub together. 

It's a solo thing, so no problems there. 

Also - if you don't have one - make an SG base. The only thing you really SHOULD have are the buff stations, or empowerment stations. You use surplus salvage for fairly nifty buffs - like 10% recharge, stamina, run speed, even "Grant invisibility" - if you have the salvage for this -grab it. 
And use it for your Signature story arc, Who Will Die part 1. 

An option for a reward is 20 reward merits or (lol) one Accuracy SO. My challenge guys weren't allowed to use the merit vendor, so I grabbed the SO. But - since you can literally piss your merits away on an SO, you'd definitely want the 20 merits. But don't blow a reward merit on an SO, please. That's the worst possible return. 

You can take those 20 merits, visit a merit vendor, get 60 converters and sell them for 60-70k each. If you want the inf right away, 60k. If you can wait, aim for 70k, and list them for 66k or some such. Might not get 70 without listing for 69,002 or some such, but you can certainly get that inf in that range. That's 3.2M after fees. At least. 

I'm sure the idea of marketing isn't what you had in mind, but it's not really marketing. It's just getting rid of stuff to get other stuff. Nothing you wouldn't do if you had billions of inf. 

You probably have your reasons for going solo. I would encourage you to team up every so often for things like Summer Blockbuster. The reward is a nice enhancement that you can actually use until your 50, as it's "attuned" and levels with you. or you could sell it for a very low 5m. But, if you can't do that, then you can't do that. 

Either way, hope my words didn't bore you too much. And, hope you find your way to an easier time than you might think. 

• Like 2
  • Moose 1

11 hours ago, smnolimits42 said:

Sell your orange salvage. It usually goes for 450K. Large inspirations sell well. The Summer Blockbuster (SBB) will get you an Overwhelming Power IO that can sell for 6 million or more. You can look at what it offers and you might decided you want to run it enough to get the entire set.

• Moose 1

13 hours ago, smnolimits42 said:

You can make 3 million in the first half hour life of a character, so it just means you need to be aware of how to do it. It's not even painful. Please check the newbie guide in my signature.

• Moose 1

Fastest solo'er from 1-50 is likely going to be melee (less need for support), but I've felt like I moved just as fast with a Stalker rather than the more typical Scrap/Tank/Brute.  I have a dual blades/energy armor stalker that was a buzzsaw from level 15 onwards and could scrap better than my scrapper with all the ATO procs doing their jobs.  

I find +DEF builds to be preferable to +RES builds for soloing.  You quickly learn which critter groups can debuff from ranged vs. melee attacks and to target them first.  

But my solo library is filled mainly with Stalkers, Scraps or Tanks.  Brutes work fine also, but harder to get to their +DMG caps solo outside of farms.  PVE spawns just aren't that big.

• Moose 1

Brute is the easiest for a truly broke solo challenge. This is because Fury accounts for much of your damage, and armors with just the base slot (or an empty slot really) are OK for low difficulty content.

To refine further you'd want to go for the easiest enhanceless powersets as well.

On the secondary side, /bio is clear winner. You get free tohit and damage (even if Brute doesn't care much about damage), + many end tools, which you will need more than other characters.

On the primary side, Super Strength is a great pick as Rage once again takes care of +tohit and adds a bit of damage. But it is end heavy. Another approach can be to go for endurance light sets, like Claws or Energy Melee.

• Moose 1

16 hours ago, smnolimits42 said:

5 merits for Atlas, 5 Merits for KR, 5 Merits for Steel Canyon. That's 4m inf in less than 45 minutes IF you use the Wiki instead of Vidiots. No fights. Plus you get a ton of Patrol XP, so it's not like there's a reason NOT to do it. 

If you want more, get Perez Park and Skyway to go along with it, but PP you need to be 10ish to eliminate aggro. 

Edited by Snakebit
  • Moose 1

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane