ELECTRIC GOD

So I’ve been digging Electric powersets. I guess I just like the theme/aesthetics. I usually like pairing it with something else, typically a Dark set.

For example, my current leveling hero is an Elec Control/Dark Assault Dominator that @Onlyasandwichthrew together. Love the feeling of power it gives and being surrounded by cracking energy.

My other recent project was an Elec Armor/Dark Melee Tanker and I’ll tell you what…. The thing seems unkillable 😂

What other electric power sets in the game do you love that truly make you feel like a lightning/thunder God? Obviously I have to throw some love out there for Electric Melee 😂

• Like 1

elec melee on stalkers is the best version of the set in my opinion. having assassin’s strike and/or quick AS for some meaty ST damage really rounds off the set nicely. i procced out chain induction too which worked quite well

paired with shield armour gives you two teleport AoE attacks which is great fun. though they don’t benefit from the chance to crit from hide as they’re pseudo pets

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Electric blast on sentinels is outstanding. No snipe, but its replacement is very good. Unlike other versions, the sentinel version of Tesla Cage does high damage. Thunderous Blast has a 90s recharge. 

• Like 3

So I’ve been leveling a Dark Armor/Elec Melee Tanker and it is just one of the coolest looking combos. You basically look like an Electric Storm. Lightning Rod in with OG running and thunder clapping. You’re keeping a ton of baddies on the ground and/or stunned.

• Like 1

My Elec/Kin Corruptor main can farm both Fire and S/L at +4/×8 by herself and she can solo quite a few Giant Monsters though they are harder now. I almost never team but when I do I'm tanking and soaking Alphas on my Corr. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Uun said:

Electric blast on sentinels is outstanding. No snipe, but its replacement is very good. Unlike other versions, the sentinel version of Tesla Cage does high damage. Thunderous Blast has a 90s recharge. 

Might need to run an Elec/Energy Aura Sent. Tank mage cometh!

13 hours ago, One IV All said:

So I’ve been leveling a Dark Armor/Elec Melee Tanker and it is just one of the coolest looking combos. You basically look like an Electric Storm. Lightning Rod in with OG running and thunder clapping. You’re keeping a ton of baddies on the ground and/or stunned.

The inverse of what I’ve run. I’ve always wondered what would have a bigger upside: Elec Armor/Dark Melee or Dark Armor/Elec Melee. Both fulfill the same concept. @Infinitum @Onlyasandwich @Hyperstrike @Spaghetti Betty I summon thee! 😂

Electric/Time on a Controller is boring as hell.  Put mob to sleep, drain them of all endurance, then punch them over and over.  Hopefully you have friends who can do the light work for you while you make a drink/sandwich or both.

• Haha 1

On 5/25/2024 at 11:48 PM, StriderIV said:

I usually like pairing it with something else, typically a Dark set.

Yep Elec/Dark Corruptors can be OP.

• Like 2

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

13 hours ago, StriderIV said:

@Spaghetti Betty I summon thee!

falling-neco-arc.gif.0760f84453a23062b0c93b2043222c42.gif

Personally, I would prefer the Elec/DM. While Elec Melee may be "fun" to play in a general sense, it gets stopped really hard when faced with a big target, and I can't stand that! The Elec/DM would at least have better ST damage, and has access to some fun tricks to make sure your AoE doesn't fall behind as well! Also, having the small heal from Siphon Life helps fill in the one big flaw that Elec Armor has!

• Like 1

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

falling-neco-arc.gif.0760f84453a23062b0c93b2043222c42.gif

Personally, I would prefer the Elec/DM. While Elec Melee may be "fun" to play in a general sense, it gets stopped really hard when faced with a big target, and I can't stand that! The Elec/DM would at least have better ST damage, and has access to some fun tricks to make sure your AoE doesn't fall behind as well! Also, having the small heal from Siphon Life helps fill in the one big flaw that Elec Armor has!

First off, that animation made my day 😂

Secondly, that is pretty much the EXACT reason I ran Elec/DM. Honestly it just keeps going and going and going with the endurance refills and heal. Just tough as nails with good damage as well.

My thought for Dark Armor/Elec Melee would be more just going all in on AOE/aggro control. The idea of stacking disorients with OG and Lightning Clap is nice. Not sure how it’d work in function though.

Edited by StriderIV

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 2:58 AM, StriderIV said:

I’ve always wondered what would have a bigger upside: Elec Armor/Dark Melee or Dark Armor/Elec Melee.

Both of these are fairly middle of the road combos from a Meta power perspective, but I'd give the edge to EA/DM overall.

This is due to:

• EA's superior overall resist package.
  • End management.
  • DM benefitting very strongly from Tanker aoe's (Shadow Maul becomes outstanding)
  • No extra slotting needed for KB protection.

That being said, both would be very workable and good.

DA/EM's main trick as others have noted is stun stacking, which to be fair is really great.

Edited by Onlyasandwich
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Onlyasandwich said:

Both of these are fairly middle of the road combos from a Meta power perspective, but I'd give the edge to EA/DM overall.

This is due to:

• EA's superior overall resist package.
  • End management.
  • DM benefitting very strongly from Tanker aoe's (Shadow Maul becomes outstanding)
  • No extra slotting needed for KB protection.

That being said, both would be very workable and good.

DA/EM's main trick as others have noted is stun stacking, which to be fair is really great.

This has me curious, because I feel like Elec/DM could be a fairly meta combo. I’ve seen some wreck shop in HM/Aeon stuff.

For META, would you say it’s pretty much Rad/, Bio/ or bust?

I also hear Fire Armor is pretty friggin good because you can ramp damage and you just have a team behind you buffing the defenses/resists. @Spaghetti Betty has a Fire/SS build I believe that is monstrous.

On 5/26/2024 at 2:48 AM, StriderIV said:

What other electric power sets in the game do you love that truly make you feel like a lightning/thunder God?

I have at least 1 necro/elec MM that is quite good - named "Shock the Dead".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, biostem said:

I have at least 1 necro/elec MM that is quite good - named "Shock the Dead".

I’ve always been a fan but of Elec Affinity, but haven’t run it yet. Was looking at a Defender, but I hear some people swear by it on MM’s. Is that because of how busy it is?

4 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

I’ve always been a fan but of Elec Affinity, but haven’t run it yet. Was looking at a Defender, but I hear some people swear by it on MM’s. Is that because of how busy it is?

Well, many of electric affinity's powers need to chain off of friendly targets, and a MM always has those available.  Farady cage also provides very good resists and status protection in a fixed AoE, which also greatly benefits all your pets without having to go through multiple applications or such...

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/26/2024 at 1:26 PM, One IV All said:

Ding ding ding this guys got the right idea, Dark Armor/ Elec melee on Tank is by far one of the best mitigation toons in game.  Besides stun locking everything with mag 5 stuns almost instantly. It can cap Def and Resistance and get DDR in incarnate it is fully rounded in survivability. IMO it's one of the best Tank combos end game that not many people talk about because it's not great leveling and you need massive investment into enhancment sets.

Visa versa if you want offense Elec melee/ shield scrapper has been the norm for a great aoe damage nuke toon. With two mini nukes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StriderIV said:

For META, would you say it’s pretty much Rad/, Bio/ or bust?

For easy street high level performance, it's pretty much Rad/, SR/, Shield/, Invuln/, and to an extent Bio/. Bio is actually sort of tricky to balance optimally for survivability and damage.

Everything else is still quite good, but not quite on that level. Honestly Electric is pretty close. It isn't really fair to compare other resist sets to Rad though. The proc damage potential, strong resists across the board, lack of true weaknesses, and abundant endurance are just that good.

DA is all about Dark Regen, which is amazing. The control auras are sort of a sideshow that can be pretty useful. Honestly if DA just had native KB protection and its end management were better, that's all it would take to bring it in line with the big guns.

Still, every Tanker armor set is really good when built appropriately. Theme and how fun you find the powers is what should guide you.

• Like 1

I personally am still looking for that OH YEAH Elec power set. Like when the thunderbolt comes out of the sky for Pikachu here 😂

I’m guessing the closest thing might be Elec Melee with Lightning Rod. Maybe Elec/Elec Tanker?

Any other Elec sets feel like they have OOMP to them? Maybe some of the Dominator Elec sets. Elec Affinity has nice animations. Storm Blast has that awesome snipe, so maybe a Storm/Elec Affin Corruptor or something. Just spitballing here.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2024 at 11:45 PM, BuiltDifferent5 said:

I personally am still looking for that OH YEAH Elec power set. Like when the thunderbolt comes out of the sky for Pikachu here 😂

I’m guessing the closest thing might be Elec Melee with Lightning Rod. Maybe Elec/Elec Tanker?

Any other Elec sets feel like they have OOMP to them? Maybe some of the Dominator Elec sets. Elec Affinity has nice animations. Storm Blast has that awesome snipe, so maybe a Storm/Elec Affin Corruptor or something. Just spitballing here.

STALKER

Elec  MELEE/ Energy armor.

Take that pulsating shield aura disrupt that is unique to stalkers and color it yellow.  That is a great looking aura for energy theme .

• Like 1