Can Fitness powers be turned off?

I'll never say no to Health and Stamina, but I don't like all my characters being Olympic level track and field stars.  In many cases Swift and Hurdle make it more difficult to precisely position in combat.

15 minutes ago, Oubliette_Red said:

Nope, Fitness in inherent. The only thing you can do to minimize their effect is to not slot them.

I think un-slotted, they still have an effect on the character.

It has been discussed before, but I am not sure if it is being looked at.

• Thumbs Up 1

/e poofgone

1 hour ago, Zombra said:

I'll never say no to Health and Stamina, but I don't like all my characters being Olympic level track and field stars.  In many cases Swift and Hurdle make it more difficult to precisely position in combat.

Players can remain Level 1 and not train past that point if they don't want to experience the Formula One travel speeds these days. Or stay in Granite Armor non-stop. I also think running backwards is slower than running forwards, but I have no evidence to support my made up claim. Or use the "Disable All Powers" power to turn the Fitness Power Pool, (and all other powers) off - and even then you're still pretty fast at Level 50.

image.png.856b2e1cd658d0af0d6e90a88814a083.png

All jokes aside, it's just something that was done to appease the power creep monster a while back. I don't think it will ever go back to the way it was, even though set bonuses and uniques already make up what was once locked behind a Power Pool selection.

Edited by Glacier Peak
  • Like 2

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

8 minutes ago, Snarky said:

You are doomed to a world populated by epically proportioned people with track and field star minor abilities 

Me have body by Superadine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

Even back in the old (per-inherent fitness) days, a level 1 unslotted hero could leap over a 2-lane road from a standing start.

Even civilians can ignore being hit by cars and fight tirelessly to hold onto their purses.

You have always been doomed to be exceptional in this game.

After playing games where my character couldn't step over a ground-level log border onto the grass, this was refreshing.

Embrace the super!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Microphone 1

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

Just watch out for bushes in Talos Island, they seem to have built-in travel suppression.

Girls of Nukem High - Excelsior - Tempus Fabulous, Flattery, Jennifer Chilly, Betty Beatdown, Totally Cali, Two Gun Trixie

Babes of War - Excelsior - Di Di Guns, Runeslinger, Munitions Mistress, Tideway, Hard Melody, Blue Aria

Several alts and of course my original from live on Freedom, OG High Beam (someone else has her non OG name)

26 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

Even back in the old (per-inherent fitness) days, a level 1 unslotted hero could leap over a 2-lane road from a standing start.

Even civilians can ignore being hit by cars and fight tirelessly to hold onto their purses.

You have always been doomed to be exceptional in this game.

After playing games where my character couldn't step over a ground-level log border onto the grass, this was refreshing.

Embrace the super!

Just run in to a building that has a slight incline to launch yourself hundreds of feet in the air 😀 

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

32 minutes ago, DoctorDitko said:

This is all true, but I still miss the old days "normal" speeds.

And don't get me started on how many IO sets I can't slot because they make you even faster.

• Confused 1

On 6/15/2024 at 8:06 PM, Snarky said:

a world populated by epically proportioned people with track and field star minor abilities

One might go so far as to say a, "City of Heroes"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1
  • Microphone 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.