Patch Notes for July 23rd, 2024 - Issue 28, Page 1

Thanks for taking my, and others', feedback on Marine Affinity's icons into consideration. I appreciate that the frenzy icon is now the same color as the rest of the set and that whitecap now has the TAOE ring.

I started playing the water defender/sonic blast it's fun it's still low levels I like the whitecap tp option and it fits the theme I'm going with as well. So far it's fun Good job with the powers!

Buddy the Elf makes debut for HUB Late Night

Untitled.jpg

I think it would be fun for the Minotaur in the Fog to have a random, very low, chance to spawn with a dramatically increased model size and collision.  Make him spawn BUT BIG and physically trap teams in hallways because they can't get around his fat ass.

Call this "Ultrawide Minotaur."

Choose your weapon:  Okay, I choose words.

I do not believe the false notion that "your ignorance is just as good as my knowledge."

4 minutes ago, Dogooder said:

Can casting Tide Pool get an animation? Thanks for your work.

I still don't understand how this made it to live with no animation. It was even mentioned multiple times in the focused feedback thread for Marine Affinity, and I posted a video showing it having no cast animation.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

34 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I still don't understand how this made it to live with no animation. It was even mentioned multiple times in the focused feedback thread for Marine Affinity, and I posted a video showing it having no cast animation.

Wait! You're not saying the developers ignored your feedback are you?

How dare you!

• Haha 2

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

9 minutes ago, PeregrineFalcon said:

Wait! You're not saying the developers ignored your feedback are you?

How dare you!

I know what you're getting at here, lol.

But in all seriousness, a powerset shipping to live completely lacking an animation for one of the core powers seems a bit unacceptable. I know it's a volunteer team and all that, but it's not like they can't say this wasn't caught and found in beta. And of all the feedback to ignore, why would you ignore a power completely lacking an animation?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

On 7/25/2024 at 3:53 PM, arcane said:

Whitecap doesn’t immobilize you after the teleport or anything like that. If you genuinely think the set must be played at range, you are 100% free to jump backwards right after casting Whitecap. 

You're missing the entire point where it shouldn't be there in the first place and doesn't even make sense for the set for it to be there, let alone on a generally ranged AT, and even more so on a set that even incentivizes you to play at range via range boost and a ranged cone heal.

I'm not dissing attacks that have it, it's great on feral charge, savage leap, etc, generally melee ATs, but it absolutely should not be here. I would counter that if you want to tp into battle, then just get combat teleport, but for the AT's that get it, and the set itself, the tp should definitely not be there.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

13 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

You're missing the entire point where it shouldn't be there in the first place and doesn't even make sense for the set for it to be there, let alone on a generally ranged AT, and even more so on a set that even incentivizes you to play at range via range boost and a ranged cone heal.

This argument doesn’t work because there is already so much precedent in the game for this. Literally half the powersets in the game have a mix of “powers that require you to be in melee” and “powers that work best at range”. Basically every Dominator secondary. Half of the blast sets (Dark, Rad, Fire, Sonic, Psi…), Poison, Nature Affinity, Ice Control, Energy Manipulation, yada yada yada. This is nothing new.

So Whitecap is logically only problematic if half the powersets in the game are problematic. If I were you, I’d learn how to move in combat rather than starting another pointless forum crusade.

• Like 2
  • Microphone 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

This argument doesn’t work because there is already so much precedent in the game for this. Literally half the powersets in the game have a mix of “powers that require you to be in melee” and “powers that work best at range”. Basically every Dominator secondary. Half of the blast sets (Dark, Rad, Fire, Sonic, Psi…), Poison, Nature Affinity, Ice Control, Energy Manipulation, yada yada yada. This is nothing new.

So Whitecap is logically only problematic if half the powersets in the game are problematic. If I were you, I’d learn how to move in combat rather than starting another pointless forum crusade.

The argument does work because it's not just "it has melee skill", it's the tp nature of the power when the entire rest of the set is range-capable or rather forces/benefits ranged play via the heal/debuff being a ranged cone, or even the tier 9 boosting range. It just makes zero sense for this power to teleport you when it is fully capable of doing what it should be doing as just a ranged skill without the teleport.

Not only is there zero benefit for it to teleport you, but it's actually DETRIMENTAL to the other powers/benefits of the set. It's nowhere near the same argument. It puts you in melee, then there's zero reason for you to be in there, let alone that it actively works against some of the other powers in the set by making you go in melee for absolutely zero reason.

I know how to move in combat. Stop making baseless jabs because you can't provide a valid argument for why the power should teleport you. The point here is there is no reason or benefit to have the power move you into melee range and actually hurts the use of the power instead.

Those other powers/sets BENEFIT an effect by using those powers in melee range, but here, there is just absolutely no reason for it.

Edited by WindDemon21
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

You're missing the entire point where it shouldn't be there in the first place

Do you have some evidence indicating that the teleport was added accidentally, and mistakenly left in through several beta updates and completely unnoticed despite every tester commenting on it?

This should be fascinating.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

17 minutes ago, Luminara said:

Do you have some evidence indicating that the teleport was added accidentally, and mistakenly left in through several beta updates and completely unnoticed despite every tester commenting on it?

This should be fascinating.

I don't know if they do or not.  That's clearly not what the poster was implying, though.  They were simply suggesting the power, as implemented, doesn't make good sense. 

I haven't played the set yet, so I have no opinion one way or the other.  

14 minutes ago, Triumphant said:

I don't know if they do or not.  That's clearly not what the poster was implying, though.  They were simply suggesting the power, as implemented, doesn't make good sense. 

The poster’s argument is applicable to every set in the game that has both a PBAoE and a ranged cone. The two don’t work together unless the player (1) skips one or both or (2) knows how to move and re-position mid-combat. I don’t see the devs finding this argument convincing. They’re not exactly rushing to overhaul *any* of those sets. In fact, they themselves have released multiple sets with the same contradiction before releasing Marine Affinity. With Arsenal Assault they even explicitly stated that players were intended to be jumping in and out of melee.

Edited by arcane

11 minutes ago, arcane said:

The poster’s argument is applicable to every set in the game that has both a PBAoE and a ranged cone. The two don’t work together unless the player (1) skips one or both or (2) knows how to move and re-position mid-combat. I don’t see the devs finding this argument convincing. They’re not exactly rushing to overhaul *any* of those sets. In fact, they themselves have released multiple sets with the same contradiction before releasing Marine Affinity. With Arsenal Assault they even explicitly stated that players were intended to be jumping in and out of melee.

Again, I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing.  As I said, I have not played the set (I have, of course, played sets that were a mixed of ranged and melee powers.  As you correctly point out, these are already fairly well represented in the game).  I was simply saying that the poster was not trying to say what Luminara was implying they were saying.  That's all.  

Nothing more.  Nothing less.

On 7/25/2024 at 12:53 PM, arcane said:

Whitecap doesn’t immobilize you after the teleport or anything like that. If you genuinely think the set must be played at range, you are 100% free to jump backwards right after casting Whitecap. 

And since Toroidal Bubble boosts Jumping, and the area buffs and debuffs are NOT PBAoE toggles, the set is well suited to this "in and out" playstyle.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Triumphant said:

I was simply saying that the poster was not trying to say what Luminara was implying they were saying. 

icegif-1064.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

The point here is there is no reason or benefit to have the power move you into melee range and actually hurts the use of the power instead.

How else are you supposed to jump into the tide while yelling, "CANNONBALL!"?

• Haha 3
  • Microphone 1

21 hours ago, Triumphant said:

Exactly. I missed, tbh have been dealing with some health issues and didn't even know there was anything going on in beta or I would have chimed in then.

Edit: like most things with beta anyway, there is a very small portion of the playerbase actually going on there and putting in their input. That doesn't mean that their input is invalid, just that they didn't get the chance to do so in beta, but far from invalidates their input, nor does it mean that since something got through beta, that it is perfectly fine and shouldn't be fixed after it goes live.

Edited by WindDemon21

Do the mini-kheld pet recipes only drop from bosses or can you get them from EBs/AVs too?

Want more from Praetoria? Check out my level 40+ Praetoria missions in AE! I've got 3 complete arcs so far.
Praetorians can get to AE in Pocket D by going through Studio 55.

On 7/26/2024 at 8:45 AM, TygerDarkstorm said:

I know what you're getting at here, lol.

But in all seriousness, a powerset shipping to live completely lacking an animation for one of the core powers seems a bit unacceptable. I know it's a volunteer team and all that, but it's not like they can't say this wasn't caught and found in beta. And of all the feedback to ignore, why would you ignore a power completely lacking an animation?

I checked this. The power DOES have an animation, but it only sometimes plays. It uses the "speak to the hand" animation, aka "stop in the name of love".

It seems to only play if you wait about 30 seconds between castings.

It ALSO seems to not play correctly (water from the hand, but no motion) if you are in "combat" stance when you hit it.

Who's in charge of animations? 

Edited by Wavicle
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 7/25/2024 at 2:31 AM, Zappalina said:

I chose the inspiration reward at the end and had the arena confirmation pop up before the end of the fight.  I did not get a badge for that.  Was I supposed to?

I also had this happen to me. There for the entire fight, chose Aethers, no badge. 

As an international player who doesn't have much time to engage in long-form league content, it was pretty frustrating.

I think I'll stay out of the Labyrinth until it's fixed.

Also I'm not sure Mark and Recall are working properly inside there, either.

Spoiler
  • Grants: Accolade_Mark.png.95a5f46f2da80af1210b250df3f52819.pngAccolade_Recall.png.0fdafe7d989f7705e38537b105b54900.png 'Mark' & 'Recall' - Instant cast. First usage records your current position as the Mark. Second usage return teleports caster to the location they originally set their Mark. Mark is not consumed until used or the owner leaves the zone. 10 minute cool-down. Unable to be activated on missions where it could cause soft locks.

I tried to use it to bounce back to a Mote to help league-mates TP to me and get credit, but when activating Recall it just activated the power's cooldown. 

Edited by twozerofoxtrot

13 hours ago, Wavicle said:

I checked this. The power DOES have an animation, but it only sometimes plays. It uses the "speak to the hand" animation, aka "stop in the name of love".

It seems to only play if you wait about 30 seconds between castings.

It ALSO seems to not play correctly (water from the hand, but no motion) if you are in "combat" stance when you hit it.

Who's in charge of animations? 

Interesting... So it animates in game then? Because Tide Pool has no animation at all inside of the costume creator (it occasionally animates using whichever power you clicked on before hand, but otherwise defaults to standing there and the water pooling at your hip before appearing on the ground). I had so little time to actually play during the beta that I did not try to see if my character was animating this power (I just assumed it wasn't based on the costume creator). Thanks for pointing this out as I will be looking for it moreso now when I can play.

Since you mentioned it seems to be bugged for combat, I wonder if that's why it doesn't work in the costume creator then. I still don't understand why this wasn't looked at in beta when we caught it and why it shipped out live this way. I appreciate you correcting me on this though as it means maybe someone (myself included) can get better videos or something of the wonky behavior for the devs so they can fix this issue.

36 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

defaults to standing there and the water pooling at your hip before appearing on the ground

The default animation for Tide Pool is... pissing your pants?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hzg0057z8c50v47trco

• Haha 5