Patch Notes for July 23rd, 2024 - Issue 28, Page 1

13 hours ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

Also I'm not sure Mark and Recall are working properly inside there, either.

Been using Mark and Recall a lot on beta while mapping stuff out (Beta Burnout is very useful)

If you set a waypoint with M&R, going into any randomizer or special door will reset it if you don't recall right away.  (Basically, if you start falling, you need to hit it immediately)

There's a couple edge cases that will also cause issues for now.  There's a couple tunnels where you'll appear in a different spot usually in a tunnel directly below where you set your recall spot.

TLDR: Works fine if you go thru normal doors that have a permanent link to another, but if the game shifts you to a randomizer, it messes up the recall spot.

• Thumbs Up 1

And yes, the Slayer of the Minotaur is currently not awarding properly to everyone, but the fix on beta will award to everyone in the coliseum when the Minotaur is defeated.

9 hours ago, Luminara said:

The default animation for Tide Pool is... pissing your pants?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952hzg0057z8c50v47trco

I need to grab a better angle of it, but yeah, kinda, lol. On the right hand which is down by the waist.

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

Unless I missed something, are we going to finally get a shark head costume options and shark dorsal fin back options as well? Please if not? (I mean mako's head is already in game as it is) (and dolphin/orca heads as well, more animal heads/pieces in general)

Also what was the reasoning behind not allowing choice powers to have double versions like master brawler. Regarding whitecap IE, one version without the tp (which again works better) and one without.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Also what was the reasoning behind not allowing choice powers to have double versions like master brawler. Regarding whitecap IE, one version without the tp (which again works better) and one without.

You do realize that Whitecap would probably be a PBAoE if the TP were removed, right?

Also, bringing up suggestions that developers have repeatedly tagged as non-starters is pretty unhelpful.

Edited by arcane

17 minutes ago, arcane said:

You do realize that Whitecap would probably be a PBAoE if the TP were removed, right?

Also, bringing up suggestions that developers have repeatedly tagged as non-starters is pretty unhelpful.

"Probably", which still makes no sense since you're controlling the water with Marine, no reason it couldn't/shouldn't be ranged again especially given the points I brought up earlier.

And yeah I was asking why they can't seem to do dual-option powers anymore, since we know they're possible.

1 minute ago, WindDemon21 said:

"Probably", which still makes no sense since you're controlling the water with Marine, no reason it couldn't/shouldn't be ranged again especially given the points I brought up earlier.

Take a breath. There is more than one way to play. No one person is the sole source of truth.

That said, what AT and powersets have you played Marine Affinity on? I made a Fire/Marine/Fire controller over the weekend, and have spent some time summoning Tide Pools, stunning groups with Flashfire, and then Whitecapping into them with my Hot Feet (a PBAoE) running, and buffing everyone in melee (including my Imps) with Toroidal Bubble (a PBAoE) and Power of the Deep (a PBAoE), and applying holds with my Cinders (a PBAoE). Enemies get mezzed and defeated in a fiery, splashy cataclysm. Works great.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Developer
On 7/27/2024 at 4:41 PM, Shocktacular said:

Do the mini-kheld pet recipes only drop from bosses or can you get them from EBs/AVs too?

They do; Anything Boss rank or higher! 🙂

Love this game and its community? Want to give back? Volunteer as a Game Master! Help make Homecoming the best it can be!

Writer of the Patch Notes

Red side, best side!

2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

And yeah I was asking why they can't seem to do dual-option powers anymore, since we know they're possible.

iirc, the dev in question said it was a massive pain in the butt and didn't want to ever go thru that again.   (Obviously, if someone with more immediate knowledge weighs in, disregard)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lemming said:
2 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

iirc, the dev in question said it was a massive pain in the butt and didn't want to ever go thru that again.   (Obviously, if someone with more immediate knowledge weighs in, disregard)

Are you two talking about the ammo power from DP and the stance power from Bio or is there something completely different I'm not thinking about?

Are you looking for Ultramode style, candy coated enhancements and powers?

WELL YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE!!

(they're also in the City Mod installer)

Just now, LKN-351 said:

Are you two talking about the ammo power from DP and the stance power from Bio or is there something completely different I'm not thinking about?

SR's Mez toggle or clicky

@Twi - Phobia on Everlasting

26 minutes ago, LKN-351 said:

the Two Brawler stances for Sentinel with SR.

3 hours ago, BZRKR said:

Take a breath. There is more than one way to play. No one person is the sole source of truth.

That said, what AT and powersets have you played Marine Affinity on? I made a Fire/Marine/Fire controller over the weekend, and have spent some time summoning Tide Pools, stunning groups with Flashfire, and then Whitecapping into them with my Hot Feet (a PBAoE) running, and buffing everyone in melee (including my Imps) with Toroidal Bubble (a PBAoE) and Power of the Deep (a PBAoE), and applying holds with my Cinders (a PBAoE). Enemies get mezzed and defeated in a fiery, splashy cataclysm. Works great.

Yeah I'm well aware. Problem being there are MUCH fewer AT/combos where that is actually beneficial, you naming pretty much one of the absolute main ones where its extra beneficial. I'll be doing an ice/marine for that purpose, but far from "needing" the tp on him anyway, but it hurts SO many other combos for the AT's that get them is the entire point where it doesn't really make sense for it to be there. If the tier 2 heal was a pbaoe I'd be much more granting on it doing so, but between that and the range boost in the set as well with nothing else needing to be in melee range in the set, it just doesn't fit.

• Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

Yeah I'm well aware. Problem being there are MUCH fewer AT/combos where that is actually beneficial, you naming pretty much one of the absolute main ones where its extra beneficial. I'll be doing an ice/marine for that purpose, but far from "needing" the tp on him anyway, but it hurts SO many other combos for the AT's that get them is the entire point where it doesn't really make sense for it to be there. If the tier 2 heal was a pbaoe I'd be much more granting on it doing so, but between that and the range boost in the set as well with nothing else needing to be in melee range in the set, it just doesn't fit.

Yes, it does. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

16 hours ago, WindDemon21 said:

This argument was already debunked over and over. There are tons of sets with (1) a skill that works in melee and (2) other skills that work best at range. There is plenty of precedent for this.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 hours ago, Wavicle said:

Yes, it does. 

It does because "anything can work in this game" basically, that doesn't mean it's best for the set. If they're not going to change it they're not going to change it, that's one thing, but that doesn't mean it's best for the set.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

I wonder who decides what's best for the set . . .

Generally, that would come down to the masses (which I've heard far more agreeing in the actual game who don't come on here that the opposition in the thread). But who decides what THEY think is the best for the set, obviously the devs hence the constant battle :/... Still wish an ingame polling option would somehow be created for things

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

38 minutes ago, WindDemon21 said:

Generally, that would come down to the masses

On these servers, the game belongs to Homecoming Servers LLC.  Not "the masses".  "The masses" didn't untangle the code and spin up the servers.  "The masses" didn't form Homecoming Servers LLC.  "The masses" didn't spend five years negotiating with NC to obtain legal permission to use the source code.  "The masses" aren't spending their free time maintaining the game.  "The masses" aren't creating new content.  "The masses" aren't sitting in front of their computers, waiting for support tickets or bug reports.

"The masses" are guests, not co-owners, not shareholders, not a board of directors.  "The masses" play for free and don't lift a finger to do any of the work involved in keeping the game up, running and updated.  Telling the HC team that they should be asking for permission to do things or seeking approval for how they spend their free time working on the game is selfish.  Demanding that they redesign something because it wasn't what you wanted is ungracious.  And if that's how "the masses" are behaving, "the masses" can go fuck themselves.

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

which I've heard far more agreeing in the actual game who don't come on here that the opposition in the thread

Hanging with like-minded people and shouting into an echo chamber != vox populi.

1 hour ago, WindDemon21 said:

the constant battle

Really?  You see yourself waging war against the people who own the house where you're freeloading?  You've been snacking on those lead paint chips again, haven't you.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 3
  • Microphone 7

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

On these servers, the game belongs to Homecoming Servers LLC.  Not "the masses".  "The masses" didn't untangle the code and spin up the servers.  "The masses" didn't form Homecoming Servers LLC.  "The masses" didn't spend five years negotiating with NC to obtain legal permission to use the source code.  "The masses" aren't spending their free time maintaining the game.  "The masses" aren't creating new content.  "The masses" aren't sitting in front of their computers, waiting for support tickets or bug reports.

"The masses" are guests, not co-owners, not shareholders, not a board of directors.  "The masses" play for free and don't lift a finger to do any of the work involved in keeping the game up, running and updated.  Telling the HC team that they should be asking for permission to do things or seeking approval for how they spend their free time working on the game is selfish.  Demanding that they redesign something because it wasn't what you wanted is ungracious.  And if that's how "the masses" are behaving, "the masses" can go fuck themselves.

Preach!

What was no more, is REBORN!