What's wrong with Warshades?

The problem with warshades is that there aren’t enough of them to power the battalion’s warships.  Until the battalion gets here, we are doomed to repeat the same content D=

I was going to say something about this...the Warshades and Peacebringers, had the game stayed Live, would have all become refugees on our planet, because the Battalion was going to wipe out all other Kheldians...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Imagine thinking those are the only two things where team composition matters. Yikes.

I can imagine all kinds of things, I have a vivid imagination.

IMO, team composition _never, ever_ matters, to me, or to completing content.

This kind of minutae is _terribly_ important to some people for, well, everything including crossing the street.

Different strokes, differenet delusions.

As I have said, on more than one occasion, I have made teams to run/finish content while someone else was still building the team, claiming it _had_ to be XYZ when we just did with AgR.

People can play however they like from my PoV, but that does not mean I won't think it's silly, or that others won't think my playstyle is worthless.

Imagine caring about team composition in anything other than iTrials and 'Master of' attempts

Imagine thinking those are the only two things where team composition matters. Yikes.

It literally doesn't matter. Bring all Defenders. Bring all Energy Blasters. Game's easy enough at any difficulty that isn't +4 that you can bring the most hair-brained team and still win. What really matters is whether the people behind those characters have their heads screwed on.

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

You do realize you're just ignoring them for joking around? Pretty clear none of this was serious.

No, they're being ignored by some people for being bad at joking around, there is a difference.

As John Scalzi put it, "The failure state of 'clever' is 'asshole.'"

If you liked what I had to say, please check out my City of Heroes guides!

You do realize you're just ignoring them for joking around? Pretty clear none of this was serious.

No, they're being ignored by some people for being bad at joking around, there is a difference.

As John Scalzi put it, "The failure state of 'clever' is 'asshole.'"

Well put, +1 inf...

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

Imagine caring about team composition in anything other than iTrials and 'Master of' attempts

It literally doesn't matter. Bring all Defenders. Bring all Energy Blasters. Game's easy enough at any difficulty that isn't +4 that you can bring the most hair-brained team and still win. What really matters is whether the people behind those characters have their heads screwed on.

IMO, team composition _never, ever_ matters, to me, or to completing content.

This is how I feel too. Except on a whim I put together an all Blaster ITF last night, so it mattered then. Even then I felt bad turning down a Defender and later a Warshade for that team.

Well said Juba, Munk, and Aerial...+1 for each of you

Cool, bring all Energy blasters to an ITF and see if you can beat the speedrun record set by the SG "Warshades are Trash". Also, plenty of people in the LFG channel right now are building teams where they're asking for specific things to round their team out, that's their prerogative.

Yes, we all know the game is easy, that doesn't mean that there aren't more situations where composition matters outside of the two that you named.

Cool, bring all Energy blasters to an ITF and see if you can beat the speedrun record set by the SG "Warshades are Trash". Also, plenty of people in the LFG channel right now are building teams where they're asking for specific things to round their team out, that's their prerogative.

Yes, we all know the game is easy, that doesn't mean that there aren't more situations where composition matters outside of the two that you named.

But 'matters' is subjective based on all kinds of things.

If all that 'matters' is DPS and speed...

If all that 'matters' is fashion...

If all that 'matters' is Funs Per Second...

People can build teams however they like, it does not mean the team makeup 'matters' to anyone other than the team leader...

Personally, the _entire idea_ of the 'bragging rights' about things like speed TFs is laughable, but for some poeple it is 'serious business.'

So, if you want to define what 'matters', context is king.

Having some fun and exiting the real world for a while to play a game is all that 'matters' to me in terms of CoH.

Vince is right, imagine thinking that is the only thing team composition matters for.

The game is easy, far easier to do the old content now with our level shifts and incarnate abilities. However the game can be as difficult as you want it to be. You can set new goals and aspirations. It's like golf, sure we have insane new technology that makes the game easier be it the clubs or balls, but that doesn't mean the masters is easier to win. If your goal is just to get through the content sure comp doesn't matter. But that's very short sighted to say that everyone only plays that way. You can't tell me how to play the game, just like Im not telling you how to play the game.

I'd like to know how many of the people that are offended and outraged in this thread have been turned away from a Warshades Are Trash speed tf run because they were on a warshade. I already know the answer but please come forward. Really no one in this thread has a reason to be offended.

You forgot Morph in your list of top PB's, for shame!

The fact that some people understand this and some refuse to get it even after it's spelled out is a very good example of internet and modern culture. Hell, some people think that their opinion is so important that they have to make a post about giving a +1 influence on the forums. I'm not going to go into the psychology of this...

The game is easy and you can complete any content with almost any team. Team composition can matter or not depending on what your objective is and what challenges you set.

Now let's get back to the much more important topic.

y4mXZvsxOEFHmCFDLejtZiJwyvej_f3dI54rrZlJuk7wzK6O5o5Ndy1ziQ0KI7ORloJN0TWptmcZ8H84IKAcuVusyiz9b2Lk0jgWQc5i6455bzfGElI0-Q1J_wuEAaOjZWEi52MrVLW28kQwWZpmW18UHlM3qHjslm5itWE-gAh5OCEzSEFWJMwxglN0P6x2-uhZmhJSHHkF45Q8g6w3eh40w?width=577&height=432&cropmode=none

+1 Inf... Notice me

It doesnt really matter if the people posting in LFG mean it or not. They are saying something exclusionary in public.

Replace Warshade with any other AT - would it be right and OK?

Replace Warshade with some other specific identifier for people would it be right and OK?

This pretty much sums up what I think of it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

It doesnt really matter if the people posting in LFG mean it or not. They are saying something exclusionary in public.

Replace Warshade with some other specific identifier for people would it be right and OK?

This pretty much sums up what I think of it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...

Yes, when I see people asking for specific ATs or roles in LFG, the first thing I think of is the rise of fascism in the early 20th century. I thought I was the only one.

However, I will judge you if you bring a Kheld.

Judge me to be awesome, I would assume?

Honestly, the only problem with Kheldians on the ITF is that they no longer spawn "real" Shadow Cysts alongside the objective ones in the second mission.

Was always fun when that happened.

arDVPp7.jpg

Yes, when I see people asking for specific ATs or roles in LFG, the first thing I think of is the rise of fascism in the early 20th century. I thought I was the only one.

First they came for the Warshades, I said nothing because I'm not a warshade

Please don't compare one of the most (if not THE most) horrific act in human history to someone's opinion on a mechanic/archetype in a video game.