2V2 SUNDAY AUGUST 11TH! 4.3 BIL INF PRIZE POOL

xhiggy

2 V 2 EVENT

SUNDAY AUGUST 11, 3 PM EASTERN

INDOM SERVER, POCKET D

4.3 BIL INF PRIZE POOL

OVERVIEW

Double elimination bracket, best of one, 10 minute matches
1 archetype limit per team, 1 powerset limit per team (e.g can't do ice/* blaster with an */ice def or ice/* sent, but */icy assault dom would work)
No switching characters mid event, you play on the same character you sign up with (multiple builds allowed)
More rules and format info below

PRIZES (per team, provided by @FireWire1)

2 BILLION INF for 1st,
2nd 750 mil, 3rd 500 mil, 4th 400 mil, 
5th 300 mil, 6th 200 mil, 7th 100 mil, 8th 50 mil
PLUS (possibly)
Influence raffled off and a fun pre-event match for influence

SIGNUPS

global names of both players and their AT and power sets
e.g.
@xhiggy - rad/elec defender
@fire wire - fire/kin controller

Sign ups will close end of day August 9th. You can edit your team up to this date.

If you're solo you can post as LFT in this thread with your global and what characters you'll play.

RULES AND FORMAT

Default arena settings (10 min matches, small insps only, no TS, no heal decay, arena temp powers only)
Ties settled by a 5 minute rematch, further ties settled by sudden death
Banned powers: dark grasp (controllers and dominators), paralytic poison (defender version only), and telekinesis
Powerset limit is for Primaries and Secondaries only - power pool, ancillary, and epic sets may be the same.
Alpha only incarnate powers. Other incarnates will need to be unslotted for the event.
Maps order will be randomly chosen from a pool of the following: Cargo, Graveyard, Perez, Lab; rerandomed after every 4 rounds.
# of matches will depend on how many people sign up, budget for at least 3 hours to make it to the final round.

New players are welcome and encouraged to come out and get a taste of some arena PvP. 
Feel free to ask any questions about the event, builds, or PVP in general on the PVP Discord.

Or PM either @Fire Wire or @xhiggyin game.

The event will be run from Discord and voice channels will be available to use for communication, be sure to check beforehand that you can get Discord working. Feel free to come up with a team name if you want. 

Edited by xhiggy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everybody, 1 week reminder to sign up. I’ve added some rule clarifications below.

There’s 1 person looking for a partner in this thread plus I’ve seen people asking in arena chat and discord. Remember on top of the huge influence prizes you get: bragging rights (most important), maybe a custom Discord title if you want, and potentially you can get featured in some of the various community content like the possibly upcoming Terminal, people’s Twitch/Youtube, and the totally real Arena magazine (Aug ‘19 featuring the previous champs).

Clarifying a few questions and concerns that have been brought up:

Can you use temp powers which can’t be disabled in arena? (e.g. mystic fortune)
Yes. They’re accessible for everyone to get without major hurdles and pretty minor buffs, plus I can't really police this in every match.

Can I leave my team as a defender to get the extra vigilance damage boost?
Yes.

If a teammate DCs in the first 2 minutes restart the match. If they DC in the rematch you must play it out. Both players (barring DCs) must stay in the match for the entire duration. If a team is found to be doing something really stupid like having one player “DC” when they’re ahead and leaving a stalker or tank in T9 in the rest of the match they’ll be given a loss. I don't expect cheesy stuff like this to be an issue, just use your best judgement.

If a team is shown to be running non-alpha incarnates (in combat logs for example) they’ll be given a loss for the round.

Edited by xhiggy

On 7/24/2019 at 9:30 AM, xhiggy said:

SIGNUPS

global names of both players and their AT and power sets
e.g.
@xhiggy - rad/elec defender
@fire wire - fire/kin controller

Sign ups will close end of day August 9th. You can edit your team up to this date.