Voltaic Sentinel

Gentoo

How bad/good is this power for a defender? It is primarily about extra damage, yes, so probably very week on a defender? Does it do good end drain to make up for that? 

Anybody running with electric blast on a defender? Did you take this power?

Edited by Gentoo

• 4 weeks later

My main on live and here is an Emp/Elec defender.  I ALWAYS take VS.  Like PK said, free damage.  Slot for some endmod also, and it helps keep things drained.  It is fast to cast, even if it doesn't last too long.  If you are always teaming, it isn' treally needed as much, but if you like to be able to also solo, it is kind of needed.

Sparky's DPA and DPE are quite high and will serve you well when doing all sorts of things like soloing groups, pylons, AVs and the like. 

Does he take proc magic very well? I don't know, but would be nice if he did. 

Downside for the little guy is that he loves to pick a fight and all that aggro goes directly to you. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, it only takes Pet, Recharge-Intensive Pet, and EndMod sets, none of which are particularly Proc-heavy.  (You have the Chance for Stun in Energy Manipulator, and the Chance for Build-Up in Soulbound Allegience, and that's about it.   The Pet and RIPet sets also have Defense and Resist auras, but those don't help the VS itself (since it's already invulnerable and untargetable), only other pets you may have.

It does take Universal Damage and ATO sets as well, but I'm not sure if that's the place you want to use those (and they don't have great procs, either... hm, though, I wonder if the Dominator's Chance for Fiery Orb proc triggers in the VS - a pet summoning a pet)

• 7 months later

He's okay, yea. Its really frustrating that he only lasts a minute but like everyone else said its free dps. On my Elec/Elec I'll probably replace it with the summon power from epic pools but that's only because i'm strapped for power slots and I'd have to choose between voltaic and that pet.

I have it on my Storm/elec. It is useful, especially while leveling. Since as a defender you do not have mez protection, things that attack for you while you are out of commission are helpful.

Also i have mine 4 slotted with Call to Arms

Edited by Communistpenguin