Notoriety lvl +7

It would probably only ever be used by incarnates, but a good team can steamroll +4 content pretty easily.  Especially in DA where your tiers are putting you at +3 (limiting the content to a +1).  Shouldn't be too complicated to add a few more levels to that thing.

• Like 3

You're "going in the wrong direction" with that idea.

Counter-proposal.

What you're really looking for is a way to "clamp" the 50+ factor from Incarnates so as to limit the amount of +Factor (above 50) to achieve the same effect.  Basically, rather than just keep raising the ceiling (To Infinity ... And Beyond!) you want to LOWER the ceiling that characters can reach, thereby providing the same effective level differential as difficulty factor(s).

Or to put it another way ... Exemplar For Incarnate Levels ... if that makes more sense to you.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 hours ago, Redlynne said:

You're "going in the wrong direction" with that idea.

Counter-proposal.

What you're really looking for is a way to "clamp" the 50+ factor from Incarnates so as to limit the amount of +Factor (above 50) to achieve the same effect.  Basically, rather than just keep raising the ceiling (To Infinity ... And Beyond!) you want to LOWER the ceiling that characters can reach, thereby providing the same effective level differential as difficulty factor(s).

Or to put it another way ... Exemplar For Incarnate Levels ... if that makes more sense to you.

No, I like my Incarnate powers. I like my build. More difficult content by increasing certain aspects (like +7) would be good. Currently, the only incarnate level zone is Dark Astoria. When I run all my content at +4x8, this is the only area in the game where the enemies con yellow/orange/red, not purple. I like fighting purple enemies, because it means my build is good and I'm rewarded for my work. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Waypoint said:

No, I like my Incarnate powers. I like my build. More difficult content by increasing certain aspects (like +7) would be good. Currently, the only incarnate level zone is Dark Astoria. When I run all my content at +4x8, this is the only area in the game where the enemies con yellow/orange/red, not purple. I like fighting purple enemies, because it means my build is good and I'm rewarded for my work. 

+1

48 minutes ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Suggestion:  Don't fight in DA.

Ah, yes. I will happily go to Peregrine, where I've been fighting for many years in small, annoying caves or against Malta/Carnies draining my endurance. Or I'll go fight the same boring Council/Circle instead of newer, fresher enemies.

Edited by Waypoint
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bionic_Flea said:

Suggestion:  Don't fight in DA.

DA is much more challenging for many builds even considering the level shifts, due to the unique mechanics the enemies use. I don't go to Peregrine for a challenge at all. The toughest there for me is the Carnival, and that just means I do mop-up first while the toughest foes are phase shifted.

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Vanden said:

We're back in the issue 4 days when fighting anything but all purples felt like a waste of time. And I think we all remember what happened back then, and it wasn't the option to spawn enemies +7 or higher.

That would be a really bad move considering there are still a lot of builds and casual play that struggle with existing settings and cause more problems for people starting out. 

While there are times it must be done, it is always risky to make players weaker rather than giving tougher challenges for stronger players. 

Edited by Sunsette
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cant mobs also get the +1/+2/+3 modifiers? Been awhile since I've ran iTrials but I swear I remember that being a thing.

So, perhaps there can be an option for the player to choose these boosts for mobs within DA missions.

So you wouldn't be fighting a 'Level 57', but a '54 + 3', which turns out to be the same thing as far as number crunching is concerned..

(Well I suppose their base HP/Dmg values would remain the same. But the purple patch would apply at least)

Edited by Primantis
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

We're back in the issue 4 days when fighting anything but all purples felt like a waste of time. And I think we all remember what happened back then, and it wasn't the option to spawn enemies +7 or higher.

So sassy, so cryptic. See what I did there?

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Sunsette said:

That would be a really bad move considering there are still a lot of builds and casual play that struggle with existing settings and cause more problems for people starting out. 

While there are times it must be done, it is always risky to make players weaker rather than giving tougher challenges for stronger players. 

I always like to point to Praetoria for this. It's no small secret that Praetoria is absolute hell for some AT's/Power Combinations, particularly anything with Crowd Control as many of the enemy groups bosses (which get bumped down to LTs) are virtually immune to crowd control. It's believed this is because Praetoria was initially envisaged as end-game content only, and indeed at level 50 these same factions are chump change compared to Arachnos. Further end-game enemy factions continue this trend of having dozens of debuff types per attack, don't even get me started on the Knives of Vengeance.

I think in that era the Devs struggled to contain the power of high-end characters, instead opting to make every enemy ridiculously powerful. What they ended up doing was making another roadbump for those characters while making it hell for others. 

A higher notoriety level would provide a decent stop-gap for those wanting a challenge. If we were ever to see more incarnate-level enemy groups in the game I hope they go down the route of intelligent enemy design and not just "lol Deadly Slash does -ToHit, -Regen, -Recovery, -Def, -Res, -End, a Slow and a 30 second DoT haha so funny so challenge"

• Like 3

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

17 hours ago, Primantis said:

Cant mobs also get the +1/+2/+3 modifiers? Been awhile since I've ran iTrials but I swear I remember that being a thing.

So, perhaps there can be an option for the player to choose these boosts for mobs within DA missions.

So you wouldn't be fighting a 'Level 57', but a '54 + 3', which turns out to be the same thing as far as number crunching is concerned..

(Well I suppose their base HP/Dmg values would remain the same. But the purple patch would apply at least)

This would be a good way to do it. I wonder if there's anyway to spawn them like this.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

I think in that era the Devs struggled to contain the power of high-end characters, instead opting to make every enemy ridiculously powerful. What they ended up doing was making another roadbump for those characters while making it hell for others. 

A higher notoriety level would provide a decent stop-gap for those wanting a challenge. If we were ever to see more incarnate-level enemy groups in the game I hope they go down the route of intelligent enemy design and not just "lol Deadly Slash does -ToHit, -Regen, -Recovery, -Def, -Res, -End, a Slow and a 30 second DoT haha so funny so challenge"

It's gotta be tough to balance standard mission mobs around the power yielded by incarnate teams. Especially without resorting to cheap/gimicky stuff.

iTrials pulled it off by pumping their stats to 11 and introducing actual raid mechanics. But that's not as easily carried over to the standard mission formats.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Primantis said:

It's gotta be tough to balance standard mission mobs around the power yielded by incarnate teams. Especially without resorting to cheap/gimicky stuff.

iTrials pulled it off by pumping their stats to 11 and introducing actual raid mechanics. But that's not as easily carried over to the standard mission formats.

True, but it would already be better to have a mix of different gimmicky or cheap enemies rather than having all enemies do every kind of debuff out there. What if we had some enemies that were incredibly mez resistant, others that did debuffs, ones that buff, tanky enemies that use taunt and so on within one mob? Already much more interesting than "haha every attack from these guys does every type of debuff" and instead of priority targeting depending on your team comp, it's just Judgement cycling because nuking is the only counter to an enemy who makes all your stats melt in even a short engagement.

• Like 1

Torchbearer:

Sunsinger - Fire/Time Corruptor

Cursebreaker - TW/Elec Brute

Coldheart - Ill/Cold Controller

Mythoclast - Rad/SD Scrapper

Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.