Share your interface setup!

If there's any sort of OCD in me, it has to be related with my UI in games. I simply can't play a MMO without customizing it to my own taste and needs.

And since I suspect that I'm not alone in this, I've decided to start this thread where we can all admire and steal some ideas from other player's UI setups.

I'll share mine either later on or tomorrow when I'm back home.

Now, please DO show off!

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

I pull my own status/health bar to the bottom, right at my character's feet.  The Target pane goes down there, too.  That way, in a big chaotic fight, I can have all the information I need right in a single small zone, right near my power trays.  (Side note, my ex-g/f had sensory overload issues, especially with big fights on big teams; she tried this layout, and was able to keep going - tab to a new target, hit F, then start queueing up attacks - she played a scrapper.)

Team or Pet roster goes between those, and the chat pane.

Navigation stays top-center, it's already intuitive there.

To the top right, I open a new detached Tab to monitor Global channels.  Top left is for the Friends list.

I've been having crash-to-desktop problems when trying to take screenshots, so I can't exactly SHOW it, but ...

Global Handle: @PaxArcana ... Home servers on Live: Freedom Virtue ... Home Server on HC: Torchbearer

Archetype: Casual Gamer ... Powersets:  Forum Melee / Neckbeard ... Kryptonite:  Altoholism

I admit the 7 trays is excessive but some toons i have quite a few macros and temps thrown over there so i just let it be my base setup so i'd always have room. Generally it's 3 trays with one being my toggles, the far right for teleports and the square one above for things like fortune/mutation/insp and hybrid power. Also keep power icons up there for powers that have macros for location targeting so i can keep track of when they're up.

Also like to say anyone who doesn't leave their map up all the time is an irredeemable deviant who should be ostracized from civil society 😛

The add image from url doesn't want to work for me so https://imgur.com/a/iYMlBKL

Edited by Veelectric Boogaloo
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, PaxArcana said:

I pull my own status/health bar to the bottom, right at my character's feet.  The Target pane goes down there, too.  That way, in a big chaotic fight, I can have all the information I need right in a single small zone, right near my power trays.  (Side note, my ex-g/f had sensory overload issues, especially with big fights on big teams; she tried this layout, and was able to keep going - tab to a new target, hit F, then start queueing up attacks - she played a scrapper.)

Team or Pet roster goes between those, and the chat pane.

Navigation stays top-center, it's already intuitive there.

To the top right, I open a new detached Tab to monitor Global channels.  Top left is for the Friends list.

I've been having crash-to-desktop problems when trying to take screenshots, so I can't exactly SHOW it, but ...

I too try to keep things somewhat centered mainly because I have tunneled vision, so I only see what's in the middle of the screen.

13 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I admit the 7 trays is excessive but some toons i have quite a few macros and temps thrown over there so i just let it be my base setup so i'd always have room. Generally it's 3 trays with one being my toggles, the far right for teleports and the square one above for things like fortune/mutation/insp and hybrid power. Also keep power icons up there for powers that have macros for location targeting so i can keep track of when they're up.

Also like to say anyone who doesn't leave their map up all the time is an irredeemable deviant who should be ostracized from civil society 😛

The add image from url doesn't want to work for me so https://imgur.com/a/iYMlBKL

I laughed when I saw that you had a macro for saying "Gratz". And how do you enable enemy health bars? I might want to try this out.

Warning: This post may contain an opinion.

1 hour ago, Falsey said:

And how do you enable enemy health bars? I might want to try this out.

Great guide on this.  Be sure to give Shenigunner some love

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

I keep it at default mostly - I expand the bars to get 3 for powers and add a 4th temporary power bar next to it.  Inspirations are undocked and along the bottom.  Enhancement storage bar is always open over the other 3 action bars.  Also keep the mission window open and undocked between the minimap in the top left and the compass in the middle.

Also I have to make my UI color match the primary color of the costume.

UI.jpg

Edited by Xeres
Added SS of UI.
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jeneki said:

Top left - map

Top mid - powers, inspirations

Top right - status bars, targeting

Mid left - team status, chat

The rest of the screen is reserved for Giant Cat Monster Of Doom taking up all the space.

Sounds like you and @Lunchmoney share a similar set up

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"The opposite of a fact is falsehood, but the opposite of one profound truth may very well be another profound truth." - Niels Bohr

Global Handle: @JusticeBeliever ... Home servers on Live: Guardian ... Playing on: Everlasting

10 hours ago, Falsey said:

I too try to keep things somewhat centered mainly because I have tunneled vision, so I only see what's in the middle of the screen.

I laughed when I saw that you had a macro for saying "Gratz". And how do you enable enemy health bars? I might want to try this out.

it's /optionset showvillainname 1 and /optionset showvillainbars 1 

On 7/31/2019 at 2:30 PM, Jeneki said:

Top left - map

Top mid - powers, inspirations

Top right - status bars, targeting

Mid left - team status, chat

The rest of the screen is reserved for Giant Cat Monster Of Doom taking up all the space.

To follow up:

20190806_205314.jpg.83ee52aa251875318e56cafe2a7252d1.jpg

Sometimes you choose an interface.  Sometimes the interface chooses you.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

screenshot_190813-09-33-22.thumb.jpg.c50df44f2ccddea48d4feb659bd31e6b.jpg

Pressing and holding lctrl for the ports/team transport:

screenshot_190813-09-33-30.thumb.jpg.1e09e058de76e36f793c8cc29c355dc7.jpg

'Zone Events' would show up on top in between the navigation and target windows.

Edited by Kismette

@Kismet

@KlSMET - (kLsmet)

@Kismette

@Kismet Angel/@Angel of Fate/@One Kismet - on live

Heroes on Guardian/Villains on Victory

Mother of Vinegar (Water/WP Sentinel) has the most complicated UI of any of my characters.  Hers is a bit more elaborate than others, because she ordinarily activates two of her powers (Whirlpool and Ninja Caltrops)  by macros.  The 'FLUSH' macro fires Whirlpool at her current target.  The 'prick' macro fires the caltrops at her feet.  This avoids the fussy and distracting floor targeting bits.  The ordinary buttons for the powers sit in the extra tray so I can tell when they're on cooldown.  Apart from these complications, this layout is fairly standard for all of my characters. 

spacer.png

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I love this thread and am going to steal some ideas from others.  😛

I have yet to figure out how to scale down my extra trays (beyond the three we can scale).  If there's a way to do this, please tell me how because this would hugely declutter my interface.  For example, if I could rescale my extra trays, I would absolutely copy Vee's tray placement.  It looks perfect . . . if I could get my extra power trays small enough and still be able to read everything else, which alas I cannot.

As is, I have extra trays on the sides and one at the top between the target and nav bars (this is where I keep my tp stuff, team, base, Pocket D, WW's, etc. and some macros like hold torch).  I move my health/menu bar over next to the nav and keep my map in the upper right corner.  I undock my insp and scale it down so that I can place it closest to my powers (I click, so keeping stuff I click a lot close it key), my powers are also scaled down (except my extra power trays, grr.  I put these around the edges in various ways). I am intrigued by the players who keep their most oft-used power trays high up on the screen, but I keep mine in the lower right.  I'm just used to that, I guess. 

Over all, I love the way I have my interface set up, but I do wish we could resize the extra (past the three docked) power trays.  If I could make these smaller, I would be so so happy!  I know trays can be made tiny via options, but I can't then resize the other stuff I need, like contact interactions and story.  You have to choose one or the other if your eyes aren't as keen as they used to be, and after fiddling with the available window scaling, I landed on the side of viewing contact stuff/etc. over extra tray sizing.  This means my UI is way more cluttered and crammed than I would like it, but at least I can see and read everything.  😛

Edited to add:  That's for my blaster.  My UI for defenders, trollers, and MMs is slightly different in that I undock the team UI and the pet UI and move them over near my power tray (lower right corner).  I find the old UI easier to read/click, so I select that from options, then scale both pet and team windows down, and have them next to my power trays (team to the left, pets on top and off to the right).  Since I'm a clicker and have the keymapping set to easily "select next teammate" for tp and clear mind or whatever is still not team aoe, this is easiest for me when things get crazy in battle, and I can still see when sb or whatever is wearing off and needs refreshing.  If on an emp, I can also easily click on a teammate who needs a single-target heal or buff.   This setup works great for me since I'm not a "heal spammer" (except when required).

Edited by Tahliah

On 8/12/2019 at 8:07 AM, Falsey said:

I've been so busy that I couldn't share before. Here is my current setup. It's only missing my combat attributes that I only turn on when I need to look at them.

image.thumb.png.d9a89f4e8e96ded73607fdf8d944c9a3.png

I would like to know what that window is to the left of your powers.  They appear to be Macro's, but long buttons instead of a circle like the other powers?  And if so, how is it that you were able to set it up like that?

On 7/31/2019 at 5:45 AM, Xeres said:

I keep it at default mostly - I expand the bars to get 3 for powers and add a 4th temporary power bar next to it.  Inspirations are undocked and along the bottom.  Enhancement storage bar is always open over the other 3 action bars.  Also keep the mission window open and undocked between the minimap in the top left and the compass in the middle.

UI.jpg

I can't help but see that your color is blue and a certain part of her costume is also blue... very nice. 🙂