Clarion Radial "secondary Effects boost"

the description of the incarnate slot abilities often leaves me wanting. For example Clarion Radial:

90 sec. buff to Status Effect Protection, Range and the chance for Secondary Effects of own powers for all allies in a 60 feet PBAoE radius

Mid's has a big long list of enhancements that decay over time, like Heal or ToHit, are those "secondary effects"? I guess I don't know what a "secondary effect" is. Is it anything that is not damage? It doesn't say anything about debuffs like -Res or -ToHit being increased, but control effects appear to be covered.

I'm trying to decide if my Ice/Rad corruptor shold take Clarion Core for what is essentially perma mezz protection, or whether the "secondary effects" boost make it worth taking the risk to be mezzed 1/4 of the time.

I believe the secondary effects boost is the same boost Power Build Up and Power Boost provide. I haven't done a line by line check of what's impacted, but that is my impression of the power. It's quite nice, but having the 30 second gap in mez protection hurts if you can't fill it.

Edit: I should add, it does not boost your damage nor resistance buffs/debuffs. But anything that provides heal, defense, mez duration, speed, etc get a boost.

Also, If you have a buff/debuff that is a long duration (like Farsight, 2 minute duration), if it is activated in the Clarion's boost window (80% for first 15 seconds?), you get the 80% boost for the entire duration. I don't know about pets, however. I don't think they get boosted when you cast them.

Edited by Bopper
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

8 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Also, If you have a buff/debuff that is a long duration (like Farsight, 2 minute duration), if it is activated in the Clarion's boost window (80% for first 15 seconds?), you get the 80% boost for the entire duration. 

I just posted along those lines in the Fire/Time corruptor thread, and you confrim my understanding that Farsight gets boosted for its entire duration (in that case allowing insta perma-snipe at the expense of mezz exposure). Based on Pine's data the boost is 60% for 22.5s, so you have 22.5s after popping Clarion to hit Farsight. I think :)

It looks like one of those "Secondary effects" is defense! That's good for a build that is not softcapped to start with. It looksl ike it's the only bonus for an ice/rad though. The extra hold time is probably not that useful, nor is the heal increase or the movement speed, or at least they are not worth giving up mezz protection 1/4 of the time. I thin kI'll stick to Clarion Core on that one (and take Radial on my Fire/Time)

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Mid's has a big long list of enhancements that decay over time, like Heal or ToHit, are those "secondary effects"?

Yes. It's basically Power Boost, but with the Destiny-style decay. It boosts the duration of mezzes, and the magnitude of any power which modifies defense, tohit, movement speed, recovery, endurance, or absorption - both buffs and debuffs to those things. And it increases range.

1 hour ago, Papaschtroumpf said:

Based on Pine's data the boost is 60% for 22.5s, so you have 22.5s after popping Clarion to hit Farsight. I think 🙂

You are forgetting that the bonuses stack. I'm working off memory so the details could be off, but you get a 60% boost for 22.5 seconds, 10% boost for 45 seconds, and a 10% boost for 90 seconds.

That equates to 80% for 22.5 seconds, 20% for 22.5-45 seconds, 10% for 45-90 seconds.

It pairs amazingly with time, as you can also boost the recovery on ChronoShift (30 second duration), and the defense debuff on slowed response (30 second duration). The mez duration boost is also nice if you already have it, but no need to chase it.

For Rad, it does turn EM Pulse into game over for a mob (44s hold duration, -109% end drain, without slotting). Also, it makes AM that much more potent (bigger mez resistance, much bigger recovery, 2 minute duration). Although you probably won't use Clarion this way, but Clarion+Vengeance+Fallout+Mutation would be a devastating turn of events in a situation where you had a teammate die (if you have a lowbie looking for power levels while playing dead, you can make good use of this combo sans Mutation. Just need recall ally)

Edited by Bopper

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Also, for what it's worth, 30 second mez exposure is easily remedied with a basic break free insp. If you know mez will be an issue going in, fill your tray (or partially fill) with breakfrees, knowing that you'll pop one every 2 minutes.

21 hours ago, Bopper said:

Also, If you have a buff/debuff that is a long duration (like Farsight, 2 minute duration), if it is activated in the Clarion's boost window (80% for first 15 seconds?), you get the 80% boost for the entire duration. I don't know about pets, however. I don't think they get boosted when you cast them.

So does that mean the defense of Traps -  FF generator, for example, is not boosted?  

2 minutes ago, Scientist said:

So does that mean the defense of Traps -  FF generator, for example, is not boosted?  

I haven't played traps to know for sure. Definitely worth looking at on the test server. You're hoping it works like Farsight, where you pop Power Boost then summon a boosted FF generator. I would love that. But I suspect you don't get the boost. When I tried it with my Summon Widow I used power analyzer to monitor their mez effects. I saw no difference in the mez duration. That's the reason for my skepticism. 

• 2 years later

Yeah, Yeah, I know. Necromancy at work.  Seems to make more sense than starting another thread about the same thing. 😉

On 7/30/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bopper said:

I believe the secondary effects boost is the same boost Power Build Up and Power Boost provide. I haven't done a line by line check of what's impacted, but that is my impression of the power. It's quite nice, but having the 30 second gap in mez protection hurts if you can't fill it.

Edit: I should add, it does not boost your damage nor resistance buffs/debuffs. But anything that provides heal, defense, mez duration, speed, etc get a boost.

It appears that neither Clarion Radial nor Power Boost affect "Slow" or is that part of "RunSpeed." (Edit: Ignore this terrible sentence, the crux of the question is below, and looks to be a yes.)

The +Absorb from Martial Combat: Reaction Time definitely sees a boost from Clarion, but I can't tell if the speed debuff is being boosted or not.

From CoD:

Capture.JPG.03859a541e7229940e07d860c2e9d3d4.JPG

Is RunningSpeed the same thing as "Slow Movement?"

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

9 hours ago, arcane said:

I got this on my Sonic blaster in an attempt to make the cones feel a little sexier. Still my worst blaster but oh well.

FWIW: It looks to be a great fit for /Martial.  Did a little more experimenting.  Burst of Speed's already considerable range is boosted by quite a bit.  Normally I can hit something about 72 yards away (there was some variance, 72-75 yards seemed to work, which is over the base range of 200', but I think I have some range bonuses in the build someplace), after activating CR T4 I could successfully use BoS from 125 yards. Since Inner Will can cover the "gap" it all just sort of lines up.

Probably stating the obvious with the range thing.  I still cannot tell if it is impacting -spd in Reaction time, but it probably does if it is supposed to.

Edited by InvaderStych

It's worth noting nothing prevents a character from having access to both Clarion options (Core and Radial) and using the one that's most desirable for the current content.   Doesn't even require a second build though using an alt build incorporating, for instance, Rune of Protection or Indomitable Will in it to help cover the gap is yet another thing to consider. 

10 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

It's worth noting nothing prevents a character from having access to both Clarion options (Core and Radial) and using the one that's most desirable for the current content.   Doesn't even require a second build though using an alt build incorporating, for instance, Rune of Protection or Indomitable Will in it to help cover the gap is yet another thing to consider. 

Yup. Good note for most of the iPower choices.  Though I've yet to find a reason to carry 2 different Musc's.  On Scrappers, for example, I like to carry both Melee and Assault Hybrids and swap to the former if I'm looking to be extra-durable while the latter is the default.

To a lesser degree, this is a good tip for Interface as well.  I've not intentionally build different Destiny options, though I do have one Scrapper that got to T4 Rebirth before I realized that it doesn't play nice with the regen resistance in Rad Armor. 🤣

Edit: At the risk of further stating the obvious; speed debuffs in Clarion Radial look to me movement only, not -rech.  I suspect for similar reasons cited above regarding -/+dmg.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Thumbs Up 1