Medicine Pool

natewest1987

Any chance to get the self-heal looked at in terms of interrupt vs activation with field medic ?   The description says that field medic takes away the chance to be interrupted, but this still requires you to stand completely still and do nothing to cast self heal.  I don’t know if this is a design decision or if it is an oversight, but it really hinders the viability of self heal, when it already has such a huge opportunity cost associated with it.    It’s bad enough you have to keep casting field medic and it’s not just an active power lol.   If you need healed then you have to cast two spells, and sit completely still. 

I apologize if this is the incorrect place to post this.  Looked at the forum categories and didn’t see something that looked appropriate, but may have overlooked? On a mobile, not sure if the same list appears. 

Almost all powers in the game "root" the character avatar, immobilizing them, while the animation plays.

The proper interpretation of the "take away the chance to be interrupted" clause would not be "making it impossible for anything to interrupt the cast" but rather to instead be that OUTSIDE influences (like damage) wouldn't interrupt.  You can always interrupt yourself, of course (by moving).

Hope that helps you.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I was hoping that Field Medic would be an Auto power, much like the auto powers for some of the Epic pools. I suppose that would make it another slot for a proc, but would that be so bad? As the last power in the pool it isn't trivial to take, and it really does read like it is supposed to compliment the other powers that would be taken along the way.

Currently, so many builds have alternate means of Health/End recovery that the heals in the Medicine pool feels like little more than an alternate to green insps. I'm a fan of the final pool power choices offering a little more oomph.

22 minutes ago, Spotlore said:

Time for a respec.  I have the whole pool unlocked and never ever use it.  But the problem remains, what do I choose instead?  More powers I'll never use?

I'm debating taking the presence pool on my mastermind, for the placate, fear, and pseudo-ultimate power, so maybe it'll interest you too...

Edited by biostem

Medicine Pool is a joke at the moment, it needs a huge revamp a la Fighting or at least a mechanical polish like the recent Consealment pool.

Aid Other and Aid Self do not need interrupts, the only reason this exists is because the old devs lazily applied the Crey Scientist Heal version of the power to players and while interrupting the mobs is always good, it does not make a good experience for the players. All powers root the player when using them but they'd be less annoying to deal with if you didn't have to worry about moving slightly to interrupt your heal applications. Shorter cast times would also help if they're doable.

Aid Other and Aid Self should also become AoEs, They may not have the same raw healing power as a proper Defense/Support powerset but it would be more viable as a Power-Pool pick if it affected multiple targets at once. For Aid Self, it could be a small PBAoE and for Aid Other, a cone. I say cone because the animation used does in fact spray a weird gas across an area and it would be thematic to affect multiple allies doing so. Having both of them as AoEs would mean picking Aid Self wouldn't be entirely selfish and picking Aid Other would help out more team-mates then just one.

Field Medic needs to be an Auto, even if it's stats have to be lowered to what is acceptable for an 'Auto' power, Field medic being a 1 minute long clickie doesn't make sense. That would be implying that you learned to be a Doctor but can only recall your skills for one minute at a time. If it granted Medicine powers a decent buff in stats it would be a worthy pick to make Aid Other/Self into a viable mini-heal set. And with benefits that don't include removing interrupts from one power and not the other. If it improved Endurance Modification to Medicine powers (and maybe your other powers), this would make it an excellent Power-Pool T5 for any hero/villain.

Give Injection a small HoT/DoT and shorten its cast time. Having spent some time with this power, it's ability to be used on allies and enemies is one of the diamonds in the rough of the current Medicine set, but if we're going to revamp the set then Injection's cast time needs to be changed/adjusted, it casts really slowly and the animation used again doesn't make sense. It could do with having an animation similar to Mutation's Origin attack, a kind of quick throw of a dart instead of the drawn out tricorder spray. UNLESS! You turn Injection into a kind of cone that deals the same effect as Injection currently does. Also adding a minor Heal over time for allies and Damage over time for enemies would make this a no-brainer for when you don't just want to self-heal or heal others from the start.

I think the only power that isn't 'bad' is Resuscitate. Although I feel that if Field-Medic provides a decent buff to all powers, this could benefit from being able to restore some Endurance whereas the normal power only restores health. It could also restore a bit more health on top of that!

That's all my thoughts on Medicine Pool, consider this a secret suggestions thread as a reply.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark Current said:

Putting a +End in Aid Self, a power that costs End to cast, makes no sense.  Isn't that an End discount then? Pointless

I'd rather see the +End moved to Aid Other and the -Interrupt put on Aid Self.

Or just put both in both powers...