Suggestion for P2W Vendor: Permanent Convention/Halloween Costume Toggles

Costume codes were also given as prizes for official costume contests and such.

Without the dubious bragging rights, I expect that most players have little use for them, while some would like specific costumes for specific characters. One player I recall had a use for many costumes in RP for a character that was supposed to be a shapeshifter, but that's an extreme outlier.

Seems a good fit for the P2W vendor.

• Like 2

Costume codes were also given as prizes for official costume contests and such.

Without the dubious bragging rights, I expect that most players have little use for them, while some would like specific costumes for specific characters. One player I recall had a use for many costumes in RP for a character that was supposed to be a shapeshifter, but that's an extreme outlier.

Seems a good fit for the P2W vendor.

I personally RP’d a Rikti Traditionalist hero with the costume I got from my code. Used his human form as a “holographic disguise”. Also had the Freakshow Tank costume and bought the Juicer costume off the Market. Honestly don't see any harm in adding them to Homecoming TBH.

• Like 2

For pricing, I think it'd be fair to be able to get one free of your choice. Any additional costumes cost influence similar to other perks from the P2W vendor. Probably either 500,000 or 1,000,000 influence for each additional costume?

• Like 1

They were fun to scare the heck out of teammates, too!

"OMG! What's a Freak Boss doing in a here???"

Actually had that happen once before on a team when I was using a costume. Just happened to be on a mission with the same types of enemies.

• Like 2

These costumes were things I looked for right away.  I used to run as a Ring Mistress all the time, with my actual costume being a civilian alter ego. 

I was surprised they weren't on the P2W Vendor, they seem a natural fit.

• Like 1

These costumes were things I looked for right away.  I used to run as a Ring Mistress all the time, with my actual costume being a civilian alter ego. 

I was surprised they weren't on the P2W Vendor, they seem a natural fit.

All the more reason to keep pressing the issue :)

No reason why they shouldn't be!

I don't remember where I ran across it (here or on Discord), but there was a reference that, if you had the SKU for one of the costume powers, you would be able to get it from the P2W vendor. So it appears that there are provisions already for acquiring them, just not a way that doesn't involve GM intervention yet.

I don't remember where I ran across it (here or on Discord), but there was a reference that, if you had the SKU for one of the costume powers, you would be able to get it from the P2W vendor. So it appears that there are provisions already for acquiring them, just not a way that doesn't involve GM intervention yet.

Pardon, SKU? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Source Code. I'm guessing asking GMs for access to a costume is out of the question

Also, I was thinking, if these were implemented, it'd be nice if they could be fixed up so they could work in tandem with the Walk power. That always kinda bugged me back on live.

Definitely signed for this. I used to love using all the costume stuff to play around. And yeah, I had a shapeshifter character back on live too, and used them a lot to adopt alternate looks.

More costume options is never a bad thing!

Pardon, SKU? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Source Code.

SKU isn't a coding thing, it's the product code for a purchased item (i.e.: what a cashier types in when they can't scan an item you're buying at a store, for example).

Pardon, SKU? I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the Source Code.

SKU isn't a coding thing, it's the product code for a purchased item (i.e.: what a cashier types in when they can't scan an item you're buying at a store, for example).

Ahhh, okay! Thanks for clarifying. Funny enough, I still have my Freakshow Tank code from PAX 2008. If only I could apply it to my account.