Reset Inspiration Tray Default as Closed

MetaVileTerror

• Retired Game Master

Identified this issue as a bug or oversight. The inspiration tray does not properly save its state once it's been expanded. Once the tray has been expanded using the up triangle it will, upon zoning, default to expanded even if collapsed.

Reproduction:

On any character that has at least 2 inspiration tray rows unlocked, expand the inspiration tray.

Collapse inspiration tray.

Zone.

Inspiration tray will be expanded.

Probably oversight as they likely figured that most would never close it seeing as they are the most consumed items in the game.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

Of course, the more options, the better. ^.^

• Like 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

6 hours ago, gou said:

also when undocked it sends the tray to center of the screen and not where I prefer to have it (undock and drag somewhere, start DFB and game moves it)

Mine has a very similar issue.  I've made mine un-docked for the longest time and it seems when I zone into.. newer maps, the Inspiration tray shift position.  Major zones and older maps the tray stays where it's suppose too but, loading into the DFB or signature story arch maps, it'll reset to a different position on the screen.

• 3 months later

I don't like to double-post or to "bump," but this bug is continuously interfering with my enjoyment of the game.  I'm curious just how complex of an issue it could be preventing this from having a quick fix.  Do any codedivers out there have the opportunity to run a local server of the game, then compare the character files of prior to hitting the button, and after hitting the button?

• 1 month later
On 12/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, MetaVileTerror said:

I don't like to double-post or to "bump," but this bug is continuously interfering with my enjoyment of the game.  I'm curious just how complex of an issue it could be preventing this from having a quick fix.  Do any codedivers out there have the opportunity to run a local server of the game, then compare the character files of prior to hitting the button, and after hitting the button?

The Devs for Cake servers are pretty easy to find on Discord. You could jump on their discord and ask around if they would be interested in looking in to this. If they take an interest, perhaps they could get to the bottom of it and share the information with the other servers. For reasons of bugs in game that not every Dev can tackle all at once, it would be of everyone's best interest to share bug fixes with one another. I don't know how realistic my idea is, but it's worth a shot, especially since this is one of those bugs that drives you nuts. It's a stretch I know, but there is always a chance.