Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

9 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

You can ask my team how it went! I'm sure @ZemX has raving reviews!

We started with 8 tanks while Betty was lvl 10 on a +4 cave mission smashing trolls. 3 dark/stone tanks, 1 dark/something else, a willpower, an Invuln, and I forget what else.

That mission we had probably close to 20 combined deaths with multiple runs to the hospital/base. It was a grind but Betty leveled up maybe 4 times that mission so by the end of it the mission was pretty easy. 

Difficulty dropped to +3 for the rest of the arc. We had people say they were tired or had to take care of their kids, etc. so by the time we got to the Frost Fire mission there were 5 of us left: the 4 dark armor tanks, and the willpower (iirc). By this time we were doing a better job of stacking together and surviving and by the end of it Betty had leveled enough maybe 18 or 19 that mobs were even con and we were herding rooms again.

Despite the grueling beginnings it was still overall fun. I have high hopes that the new players will continue attending, and also that our dark/stone tanks will make for an interesting team especially as everyone levels them up.

• Moose 1

1 hour ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Despite the grueling beginnings it was still overall fun. I have high hopes that the new players will continue attending, and also that our dark/stone tanks will make for an interesting team especially as everyone levels them up.

I swear I saw a half level worth of xp on the first spawn.  But it also seemed like it took us 5-10 minutes. 

I definitely feel no shame that we brought grenades and plasmatic tasers.  That stuff saved lives (sometimes) with the knockback... which was also fun to watch.

• Moose 1

37 minutes ago, ZemX said:

I swear I saw a half level worth of xp on the first spawn.  But it also seemed like it took us 5-10 minutes. 

I definitely feel no shame that we brought grenades and plasmatic tasers.  That stuff saved lives (sometimes) with the knockback... which was also fun to watch.

I used up all the stun grenades and regular grenades I had. And yeah the brief kb from the grenades was helping us to get Dark Regeneration off of cool down.

Those first couple spawns were indeed pretty rough. It was a rough awakening that mobs at +4 while people are lvl 10 are pretty difficult. Once everyone stacked up closer together it helped distribute the agro between each of us a bit.

All things considered, sounds like it went pretty well. I was a bit pressed for time last night and forgot to welcome all the new comers and returning TTer's. Hopefully they we're scared off by the server burp that affected the league or the fun that is SB leading a team. 

So, welcome to all the players new to TT and to all players returning to the event!

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

4 hours ago, ZemX said:

At least you weren't fighting CoT at that level at the +4 setting...

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

1 hour ago, Warboss said:

At least you weren't fighting CoT at that level at the +4 setting...

As it was I was glad I logged in a bit early and got another DFB run in.  So I still had time left on my amps.  I had +acc and +recovery buffs from DFB.  I had slotted both ATO procs.  Added some ACC enhancement to my attacks.  Kismet.  Shield Wall.   Added a few base empowerment buffs.   The temp AoEs.  Loaded my insp tray with orange candies.  Checked the status of my Last Will and Testament.

You know... normal preparations for a @Spaghetti Betty team.  🤪

• Moose 1

Good run on Indom tonight. Ronin lead missions and I got my level 10 up to level 30! X ran Numina's for us, thanks for leading that X. PLV took a team through Yin's TF, thanks for leading PLV.

4/30 is our 5th Tuesday! We'll be on Torch for an MSR. I'll start an instance, and invite folks in, 50's first. We'll meet in King's Row as usual and Ronin will help coordinate invites from there. Remember, we're the most successful with more 50s. So bring your tooled out Tanks and show the Rikti who's the boss!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

PLV took a team through Yin's TF, thanks for leading PLV.

My pleasure!  We were only six, but mighty.  I piloted my titular toon and there was only one other 50 (not fully kitted) and four were mid-20s to mid-30s...so we channeled our best @Spaghetti Betty and ran +4/8 with no insp or temps.  JUST KIDDING.  +2/8 and finished in 44 min. with only a handful of defeats (I think @PapaSlade forgot that he was running a 30-something and not the usual 50+3/Tier 4 Incarnate 😆).  Took a bit longer than usual, as I had to be careful about how many mobs we herded.  All-in-all a grand time with a bazillion levels gained and my favorite part of the TF was three of the six tanks dinged simultaneously at the reactor entrance door before Clamor, so we ran right to her, half the team fully juiced, and she went down like a /forum edit/, the first round.

Edited by PLVRIZR
reworded
  • Moose 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Sorry I was late to the party last night, but luckily there was a spot on Ronin's team that I was able to do a few missions with. That team was the final punch my dark/stone needed to hit 50, so I'm working on finishing up its slots/accolades/incarnates now.

15 minutes ago, twozerofoxtrot said:

What time do you guys do your Euro Runs?

I'm in GMT +9 so it's pretty impossible to make your usual Tuesdays unless I have a Wednesday off.

9:30AM Pacific, so whatever that means for GMT 😝

Here's a link to the Reunion TTT thread:

• Thanks 1

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

That's a tough time zone to coordinate. I think even the weekend TT would 1:30 AM (if I'm doing the calculation right). Regular TT's would be 10:00 AM ... so, yeah, unless you're off, either would be difficult to attend. I don't think we ever came up with a good solution for that area of the world.

Edited by Warboss

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

heads up tankers,  monday the 30th TT  event will be the start of the anniversary events, besides the usual  wst runs, any thoughts / ideas for what could be tanker special anniversary run? etc?....https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/51157-city-of-heroes-20th-anniversary-time-capsule-event-qa-with-original-team-costume-contests/   Starting on Tuesday, April 30th, these time capsules will begin appearing all over Paragon City, The Rogue Isles and Praetoria. Within them you'll find a range of goodies including some brand new vanity pets, new temporary powers, new badges, new temporary costume powers, Anniversary Tokens (which can be used to acquire most of these rewards from Luna in Ouroboros and Echo Plaza), as well as some additional surprises from the past...

We we're planning an MSR on Torch.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

On 4/24/2024 at 9:51 AM, PLVRIZR said:

(I think @PapaSlade forgot that he was running a 30-something and not the usual 50+3/Tier 4 Incarnate 😆).  

Yeah, I was a bit reckless and ended up as designated floor licker more than a few times but I play pretty much everything that way.🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, PapaSlade said:

Yeah, I was a bit reckless and ended up as designated floor licker more than a few times but I play pretty much everything that way.🤷‍♂️

All good and since we didn't have @wittylibrarian on the team, you filled in nicely! 😁

Just a reminder, we're running an instanced MSR on Torch tonight. Bring your 50's and love of Rikti bashing!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Great fun on Torch tonight! We started off with an MSR (36 Tanks vs the Rikti (the Rikti didn't stand a chance). Then finished up with Yin TFs and a few missions.

Thanks to all who joined the event. Team leads and all who caught me up on recent changes with the raid interface.

5/7 we're back on Excel! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6:00 PM PDT/9 PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Fun times on Excel tonight. I think we had five teams total. Thanks for leading:  Cit PLV, Eden PeP, Teams Ronin and MsA, I took a Cit team as well. Much leveling and fun was had. Also welcome to the first time TTer's (I think we had a few) we didn't have time to properly say "welcome" so, we're saying it now.

5/14 we're back on Torch! Meet in King's Row by IP gate at 6:00 PM PDT/9 PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

3 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

I was on @Warboss's team this time!

He didn't have enough KB protection and got FREEM!'d by the mapserver!

Thanks for leading!

Warboss!  For shame!  FOR SHAME!

Are you sure you're not just a Blaster?

😊

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

7 hours ago, Warboss said:

Thanks for leading:  Cit PLV, Eden PeP, Teams Ronin and MsA

My pleasure. 

We also had some new to TT and, on the team of eight, only had two (maybe three) 50s.  +2/8, kill most, took 1:15.  MUCH leveling was had and much herding fun.

4 hours ago, Spaghetti Betty said:

He didn't have enough KB protection and got FREEM!'d by the mapserver!

I took my Fire/Fire, with 9 pts. KB protection.  Annoyingly got knocked down a dozen times.  Now, there were multiple instances of herds of 40-50 mobs, with perpetual rocket and grenade fire, so there were lots of FREEM rolls...but until this update had *very rarely* been knocked down.

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I took my Fire/Fire, with 9 pts. KB protection.  Annoyingly got knocked down a dozen times.  Now, there were multiple instances of herds of 40-50 mobs, with perpetual rocket and grenade fire, so there were lots of FREEM rolls...but until this update had *very rarely* been knocked down.

Sorry I missed it.   More than usual work this week.  But it doesn't surprise me with herds that size, especially if you are DOING the herding.  At any given time you could have 17 mobs gunning for you with little defense to deflect.   More than enough 5% dice rolls to KB you that often.  And you'd need 19pts protection against the Rocketeers when they FREEM if they are +3 to you.  So that's gonna knock most anybody... but obviously the defense-based tanks will see it less or not at all because the rocketeer has probably 5-10% chance to hit and THEN a 5% chance to crit.

Curse of resist/regen tanks is everything hits you.