Juggernaut like helmet

8Qbit

I've never seen another comic book character besides Juggernaut with such a helmet, so I can't imagine it having much value beyond making Juggernaut clones, which is now against the CoC, so why bother?

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Considering how many costumes already clip each other, it can bother the next user, sometimes it can’t be helped, I wouldn’t mind having a bulky helmet like juggernaut, but not a direct copy of it, minus the helmet actually embracing the neck area.

I can imagine developing a super hero game more difficult due to people infringing on IPs making suggestions like these controversial.

I would like to see bulky helmets implemented and trust players to not engage with copying of protected IPs.

its not like you can make a blatant copy of Ironman, wolverine, poison ivy, hulk and I’ve actually seen alien been made with beast run.

Here's an ambitious idea. Lets just take Atlas City, replace Atlas with our Lord and savoir Recluse, tint the map evil and call it a day?

10 hours ago, Vanden said:

Juggernaut can't move his neck, but being able to move the neck is important to many animations.

You do realize we already have large glass dome's that replace human heads and a glass bubble that can go over human heads right? I fail to see the problem in making a giant dome shaped helmet. We have a few that are somewhat close, but fail to capture the full

11 hours ago, Rathulfr said:

I've never seen another comic book character besides Juggernaut with such a helmet, so I can't imagine it having much value beyond making Juggernaut clones, which is now against the CoC, so why bother?

Look up Iron-Man's Hulkbuster armor, or even his very Mark 1 suit. Look up Bulletman. Look up Batman Armored Suit. There's many different takes, but all have a similar vibe to them.

I could easily come up with character idea for using such an item...

Super Soldier fashioned up like a tank, call him Abrams obviously.

Armored Astronaut for dealing with harsh conditions.

Kid driving a Mech Suit

Cannonball esq hero

Escaped prisoner who likes to bite(villain obviously)

Aliens in War Armor

Black shadow/demon creature that emanates from a magical helmet relic.

Etc. Etc. Etc.

Why wouldn't you add such an important and useful item to our character creator? You guys need to get your imaginations back.

The only think I'll suggest is that we get 2 different versions. A wide dome for the HUGE body and a narrow dome for the Normal bodies. With a few different texture's if possible(Metal and Stone being the most important.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Yeah. I am not interested making Juggernaut clone but I would like the extra "tanky" look that kind of helmet would bring to my toon 🙂 Currently using the "Fish tank" but... it's not quite cutting it.

• Like 1

I'm all for more helmet options, even dome-like helmet options.  I'm just not a fan of adding something that could be used to exacerbate the abuse of the costume creator for copyright infringement.  There are already far too many options for that in the existing system, so why make the problem worse? 

So if you're asking for a "Juggernaut-like" helmet, my vote is "No, thank you."   But if you're asking for more helmet options, my vote is "Yes, please!"

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

Chances are that what ever options you add be that helmets or mustaches it will probably make breaking some copyright stuff more likely. You might as well say "No, thank you." to all costume additions from now on 😉

*sigh* I knew I shouldn't have used the word "Juggernaut"...

Edited by 8Qbit
  • Like 1

A heavy domed helmet costume piece is a good idea. Just because the Juggernaut has one doesn't mean the character has all sovereignty over that style of helmet. People cry out about copyright infringement forgetting that it's only an infringement if you create something far too similar to the protected work. As I see it, there could be lots of ideas that stem from a helmet such as that.

As such, I support the idea.

• Like 3

I think a good starting point would be some neck options, (I guess it'd go under the shoulder category), that were basically large armored gorgets with or without shoulder armor attached, which would kind of integrate into the helmet, giving a similar aesthetic.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, biostem said:

I think a good starting point would be some neck options, (I guess it'd go under the shoulder category), that were basically large armored gorgets with or without shoulder armor attached, which would kind of integrate into the helmet, giving a similar aesthetic.

Very much this!

Currently anything that goes on the neck is in the 'shoulders' category (neck chains for example), however that means you can't use shoulder pieces as a result. I wonder if there's any leftover character nodes to put in for shoulder slots that BaBs mentioned all those years ago....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later

My assumption was that the use of the name "Juggarnaut" was simply as a descriptor to help the audience get a general idea of the shape/type of the suggested helmet.  I had no impression of intentional abuse.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

• 2 weeks later

I could really dig more helmets that lock the neck down... or even helmets/head settings that basically put the head/face onto the body instead. In a way, you can do this with the headless option/a huge body type/certain chest emblems... but maybe what we need is more chest emblem options to build this sort of abomination. Can we have moving eye/s as part of a chest emblem?

• Like 1

Static mounted dome helmet in CoH?!?!? That sounds insane. Stop talking crazy.
<COUGHCarnivalStrongmanCOUGH>

299px-Iron_Strongman.jpg

Edited by Trademarked Name
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

34 minutes ago, Trademarked Name said:

Static mounted dome helmet in CoH?!?!? That sounds insane. Stop talking crazy.
<COUGHCarnivalStrongmanCOUGH>

299px-Iron_Strongman.jpg

See your trying to make sense. No good..

You win the topic.

Did you ever read the text that says that the strong men get "sealed" in those helmets and see how they are attached by chains to a "virginity belt" looking contraption.

"...Upon loyal service as an Iron Strongman for five years and a day, they are re-sealed into specially designed helms that provide the normal protections as well as the ability to harness their inner strength to weaken their opponent's attacks." 

Besides the striking similarity to Juggernaut or 'Blaster' in "Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome, I'm hoping that grille on the front is removable for solid foods, otherwise they must get all nutrients through a straw. And means they have gone 5 years without accessing decent dental hygiene. Eeeew.

• Thanks 1

Trademarked Name (@Trademark)

Hocus-Pocus, Assault, Joan (of Atlas), Homunculous, Ensorcellress, Seismic, Wolfin, J0LT, The Limit, Transparency, Fastball, Loremaster, Monkey-Boy, Presto Chango, Kazam

1 hour ago, Trademarked Name said:

I'm hoping that grille on the front is removable for solid foods, otherwise they must get all nutrients through a straw. And means they have gone 5 years without accessing decent dental hygiene. Eeeew.

Strongmen are made from dead bodies, they probably don't need to eat.

• Confused 1