New badge tracker

KeyboardKitsune

15 minutes ago, jlk819 said:

Any more insights for me? I'd really like to get this working. 

If you logged into your character, enabled chat, then ran the bind file, then I would expect the error you are seeing. The log parser keys off the welcome message that the system sends your character when entering the game world, so I am guessing that welcome message did not end up in your logs. Log the character in again and re-run the bind file, and try to upload it again.

As I've noted previously, the log parser is ornery. If the above does not work, I would recommend reading over the last few pages of this thread (starting with page 7). Several folks (including me) have had various little issues, and have solved them a couple of different ways, including:

• Deleting the character from the Badger site, and re-run the parser
  • Add one badge that the character is known to have, and re-run the parser

I can't promise that all problems can be fixed this way, but this is what has worked for some folks.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Reddy Kilowatt said:

Is there a "how to run Badger for Idiots" post somewhere. 

can't seem to get this one to work. 

Try this post, it should cover most of what you need.

• 1 month later
On 5/1/2021 at 5:28 PM, Ukase said:

@AboveTheChemist Is there a method to adding the new Anniversary badge, "Legendary" that any schmuck can do? Seems unfair to drop the burden on someone else. 

It has been added (mostly by someone else), just waiting on the bossman to commit the changes.

EDIT: Changes have been committed and it is live on the site now.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

42 minutes ago, HCortana said:

where do i put the files?

I'm not sure which files you mean, but this is not a mod. It is a standalone website for tracking badges. I recommend reading through this post to familiarize yourself with how it is used.

• 1 month later

Thanks for this tracker.  I finally got around to running the setTitle bids and using the log parser, and discovered that there were several badges I didn't realize I was missing.  Some I thought I already had; others I hadn't realized existed.  So that was a great help—I was quickly able to pick up over 20 badges in an afternoon thanks to the tracker.

One note on the settitle.txt bindfile: if you create a coh/data directory, you can put the settitle.txt in there and load it without a path.  I'm on a Mac and couldn't figure out what the correct directory path is supposed to be ("C:\coh" isn't a thing on the Mac, though it probably is once Wine is involved), so putting the file in coh/data was the only way I could get it to load.

Also, I don't know if was just me or an issue with the parser, but the parser loaded all my badges except Celebrity, for some reason.  Might have just been a once-time glitch, though.

Edited by Zhym
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Zhym said:

Thanks for this tracker.  I finally got around to running the setTitle bids and using the log parser, and discovered that there were several badges I didn't realize I was missing.  Some I thought I already had; others I hadn't realized existed.  So that was a great help—I was quickly able to pick up over 20 badges in an afternoon thanks to the tracker.

One note on the settitle.txt bindfile: if you create a coh/data directory, you can put the settitle.txt in there and load it without a path.  I'm no a Mac and couldn't figure out what the correct directory path is supposed to be ("C:\coh" isn't a thing on the Mac, though it probably is once Wine is involved), so lading the file in coh/data was the only way I could get it to load.

Also, I don't know if was just me or an issue with the parser, but the parser loaded all my badges except Celebrity, for some reason.  Might have just been a once-time glitch, though.

Glad that you were able to put it to good use!

It is definitely possible to load the settitle bind file using relative paths (as you demonstrated), BUT the relative path can differ depending on the launcher one is using. Using absolute paths should theoretically be launcher-independent (and thus simplify the instructions) but I don't know if it was tested on a Mac. I didn't write the parser or the instructions so my knowledge is a bit limited. Regardless, I am glad you were able to find a method that worked and I'll keep that in mind if there are Mac users in the future that run into a similar issue.

The parser loading all badges but one is a quirk that several folks have run into. I wish I could explain it but I wasn't involved with the parser at all, so your guess is as good as mine there!

The tracker doesn't seem to register the name change of the shopkeeper badge for selling 6000 items on the market to Proprietor

Ran a check on one of my hunters who has all market badges, it registers all but the renamed one.

25 alts with all the badges!

5 hours ago, Voltor said:

The tracker doesn't seem to register the name change of the shopkeeper badge for selling 6000 items on the market to Proprietor

Ran a check on one of my hunters who has all market badges, it registers all but the renamed one.

Odd, I know it was changed in the database because I submitted the pull request myself the day the patch went live (June 2), and it was merged the next day.

When you say you 'ran a check', do you mean that you ran the bind file in-game to record all your badges in the chatlog, and then ran that chatlog through the parser? Or did the character in question already have the 'Shopkeeper' badge marked as 'Collected' in Badger and now it's not showing up as such? Or is there something else going on?

Ran the bind in game to record all current badges in the chatlog.  When I looked up the character on the site afterwards I saw I was missing a consignment badge which I knew wasn't possible, that is when I discovered that it is not noting the badge change.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Ran the bind in game to record all current badges in the chatlog.  When I looked up the character on the site afterwards I saw I was missing a consignment badge which I knew wasn't possible, that is when I discovered that it is not noting the badge change.

Thanks for the update. It is quite common for the parser to miss all but one badge. There are multiple examples of this noted over the last few pages of this thread, as recently as last Thursday, and I think it has been a different badge in each case. If that one badge was all that you were missing, then I am inclined to think that it was just coincidence that it happened to be the Proprietor badge. I'll try to remember to run a test export tonight on one of my characters, and I'll keep an eye out in case anyone else misses that particular badge.

44 minutes ago, Voltor said:

Here is a screenshot:

Ah, that explains it. You are in the wrong thread, unfortunately. This is the thread for the Badger badge tracking website. You need the thread for the City of Badgers badge tracking website, which is at this link: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15981-badges-detection-tool-and-online-tracker-leaderboard/ 

xeaon, who runs that site, is good people and we have worked together quite a bit sharing badge data to keep these sites up-to-date. I'm sure they can get the issue sorted out without much trouble.

clarification
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Ah, that explains it. You are in the wrong thread, unfortunately. This is the thread for the Badger badge tracking website. You need the thread for the City of Badgers badge tracking website, which is at this link: https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15981-badges-detection-tool-and-online-tracker-leaderboard/ 

xeaon, who runs that site, is good people and we have worked together quite a bit sharing badge data to keep these sites up-to-date. I'm sure they can get the issue sorted out without much trouble.

My bad.  been out of circulation for a few weeks

• 2 months later
16 hours ago, xmenlegend said:

Just out of curiosity, what happens to the chat log files after they're uploaded?

That is a good question, and I was not involved in the log parser at all so I am afraid I do not know the answer. The website owner/creator, @KeyboardKitsune, still stops by the forums occasionally and might be able to shed some light on it when next they stop by.

• 1 month later
1 hour ago, CraftySeanUK said:

I clicked on the webpage link, it pops up fine but how do I add a character? I don't know coding or how to use gitgub. Thank you in advance for your time.

Knowledge of coding and/or github aren't necessary. There's a 'Characters' option at the top of the page, clicking that will take you to the character page where you can add characters. I've posted more in-depth instructions in this post and if you want to trying loading badges from log file output, I've posted instructions on how to do that in this post.

• Like 1

• 1 month later

Last night I submitted a pull request containing the new badge data for the badges that were added/updated with i27p3. Those changes will go live once the site owner has a chance to merge those updates. The new badges may not appear in the same order as they do in game, because I wasn't sure of the correct display order, but I hope to do some more testing in the next week to determine the correct order and submit that change as another pull request.

EDIT: Looks like the changes have been merged now. I still need to fix the ordering but the badges at least are in there now for tracking.

update

Two problems with the new badges' descriptions.

First, Worthy Opponent says you need to run it with "Incarnate powers disabled", but the actual requirement is the new Old School Challenge option.

Second, Ripple Raider says "All 12 AVs", but I think there are more than twelve that you need to kill (five in each of the first and second, and three in the last), since the twelve is AFAICT not counting one AV in the third? section who is required for the SF anyway, just the optional ones. Maybe it should say "all 12 optional AVs"? Or maybe I'm just entirely wrong and still missing something optional? Definitely could use a full listing of who's required on the badge's own page, if possible.

Spoiler

Specifically, from what I can see, you need Arakhn, Maestro, Nosferatu, Protean, and Emperor Requiem from the first distortion; Gale, Quill, Slate, Tundra, and Terra from the second; and Apex, Incandescent, and Hero 1 from the third. That's thirteen. Apex is required for the portal in that section, though. I think Terra might be required for hers, too, but I'm not sure, since I've only run the SF twice so far.

Or, like I said, maybe there's another AV to kill that my group's just missed every time? We've had a death every run so far, so wouldn't get the badge anyway, so we wouldn't know if we'd missed someone.

Also: Thanks to everyone involved for this tracker! Been using it basically since it was created, and it's fantastic.

Pinnacle refugee. Powers and math guy.

2 hours ago, BillyMailman said:

Two problems with the new badges' descriptions.

I pulled the descriptions directly from the game data, so something may have been tweaked in between the time the description was written and the issue was released. I'll look into the issues you mentioned and make corrections as appropriate.

Edit to add: The patch notes mention the 'Old School Challenge' for Worthy Opponent so that checks out. The patch notes also mentions 12 AVs for Ripple Raider, and I found another source that listed the twelve needed (spoilered below)

Spoiler

Nosferatu, Maestro, Arakhn, Protean, Requiem, Slate, Gale, Quill, Tundra, Terra, Incandescent, and Hero 1

typo and update