Drop a name, pick up a name!

Primana

Meh, I think if you can't get a "Good name", you just need to practice using your imagination more. There's an infinite number of possibilities out there.

I'm a perfect example of this.  All the "good" Dyna(mic) names were spoken for.  "Mistress" was a last resort.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything, now.

"Face the impossible... and make it your bitch."

~ Dynamistress

www.dynamistress.com

Meh, I think if you can't get a "Good name", you just need to practice using your imagination more. There's an infinite number of possibilities out there.

I'm a perfect example of this.  All the "good" Dyna(mic) names were spoken for.  "Mistress" was a last resort.  But I wouldn't trade it for anything, now.

iSdYF0b.jpg

I'm out.

Soooo... I have a question for you guys.

I was making an ice themed magic character tonight and though I'd pick Cryowitch (taken... not too surprsing). Since I didn't want to bother someone (even if they were just name camping) I decided to try some other cryo themed names.

Cryowicca (not available)

Cryo Witch (not available)

Cryocascade (not available)

Cryofrost (not available)

Cryodragon (not available)

Cryowyvern (not available)

I then started to wonder if someone had just gone through taking ALL the Cryo names so I tried some really oddball stuff

Cryo the Frozen Pea (not available)

Cryoturkeysauce (not available)

Now, something MUST be up right?

Then I tried a bunch of names starting with Cry-... even Cry Past the Turnkey (not available)

THEN I tried a bunch of names starting with Cr- (Cr Hippophobia wasn't available)

Then I tried names with C- and started getting available ones again.

Is it just me, or are ALL names that start with 'Cr' not allowed? Is this a bug, or can someone confirm a reason why this is the case.

I was making an ice themed magic character tonight and though I'd pick Cryowitch (taken... not too surprsing). Since I didn't want to bother someone (even if they were just name camping) I decided to try some other cryo themed names.

I then started to wonder if someone had just gone through taking ALL the Cryo names so I tried some really oddball stuff

Then I tried a bunch of names starting with Cry-... even Cry Past the Turnkey (not available)

THEN I tried a bunch of names starting with Cr- (Cr Hippophobia wasn't available)

Is it just me, or are ALL names that start with 'Cr' not allowed? Is this a bug, or can someone confirm a reason why this is the case.

Huh odd, I just tried Crpreykoya (total gibberish) and it was unavailable.

I have a character whose name starts with 'Cryogenic' and I didn't have any problems getting that name.

The following names have been released:

Alekhine's Gambit

Brightest Bastion

Chaos Particle

Communion Jack

Devilthief

Digital Disaster

Farfletched

Golden-Rook

Hellstride

Jadeheart

Psychoclasm

Pyrestar

Safe Haven

Starless Soul

Synaptic Siege

Torrential Downpour

Voidcharge

• Like 1

Huh odd, I just tried Crpreykoya (total gibberish) and it was unavailable.

Interesting.  Not a character, but I tried naming one of my MM's pets "Crow" and had similar results of the name being rejected.  "Cro" was also out, but "Crooooow" was accepted.  Maybe this is related on some level?

One of my favorite traditions on the old board was people posting available names to inspire others.  Here's my short list for the day. 

Lonesome 

Scraptastic

Greatest of All

National Hero

Whipporwill

Cat O'Nine and Cat O' Nine - If you use these you'll be saving me from making another alt.

FaceStealer

Doorbuster

Shadowgheist

Shadowghast

Captain Best

Lifecast

Punker

Snuffles

Rattlebones

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 11:43 AM, First Player said:

Are you guys sending tells to the players who have these names?

@First Playeris the name that comes up most when trying /getglobalname to find names, so it's good to see him come in here and make this suggestion!

Also...

Available Names

Allah, Alliance, Base, Bingo, Bite, Bloodstain, Brainpower, Choice, Dark Manta, Dignity, Enshrine, Euro, Far, Folk, Giver, Goober, Goofball, Honesty, Mean, Mentalism, Nail, Navy, Nervous, Normal, Old, Pin, Poke, Proficient, Prudent, Puppers, Quaint, Rough, Severe, Single, Skate, Skater, Snarky, Sneaker, Snicker Snack, Spinal, Starwalk, Super Pup, Tap, Thrust, Tip, Tongue, Tooth, Value, Warrant, Wealth, Wiggler, Worth, Yum

Names I Just Dropped

Blue Whale, Camelback, Chunk, Darkblade, Fat, Fatso, Hieromancer, Hyperwolf, Miss, Race, Safe, Silkspinner, Stick Chick, Style, Super Kid, Swing, Talent, Time Shadow, Timeshade, Villainous, Wartimer, Whale, Wonderful

• Like 1

I'm a huge fan of helping people find names. Here's a list of available names I found today, with two I grabbed for myself at the end. Hope you find something you like, or something that inspires you!

Available Names
Abhor, Abide, Abject, Absolve, Accolade, Acerbic, Ad Nauseum, Adage, Addendum, Affectation, Affection, Affront, Afoot, Agile, Ambidextrous, Anecdote, Apropos, Astounding, Astounding Boy, Astounding Girl, Astounding Man, Astounding Woman, Awry, Backlog, Baleful, Benevolent, Big Damn Hero, Bloombox, Bloomstick, Boomsmith, Burly, Caboodle, Capricious, Caveat, Chin, Choleric, Circumstantial, Claustrophobia, Clinch, Clinical, Clique, Complacent, Connoisseur, Covet, Cynosure, Dabble, Dapper, Dapper Dude, Dapper Man, Daunt, Daunting, Decelerate, Decelerator, Deft, Despicable, Diabolical, Disenchanter, Disenchantress, Dysfunctional, Earnest, Eccentric, Egocentric, Empirical, Excisor, Exigent, Fabricator, Feat, Fervent, Flamboyant, Flaw, Garble, Gawk, Gawker, Genre, Glib, Gumption, Harmonious, Helephant, Hellephant, Heyday, Hogwash, Hoi Polloi, Ignoble, Imperil, Impromptu, Ingenious, Invidious, Jamboree, Jitter, Jubilant, Juxtapose, Kabloom, Kaput, Keynote, Kinky, Kith, Kitsch, Kleptomaniac, Lacerator, Land, Latent, Limerick, Linger, Linguist, Livid, Lord of Lies, Lord of Truth, Lucre, Magnanimous, Magnate, Magnetism, Mandatory, Manipulate, Mediocre, Metaphor, Mundane, Nab, Niche, Nondescript, Nonpareil, Nouveau Riche, Nuance, Oaf, Obstinate, Onerous, Opulent, Oxymoron, Parameter, Paranoid, Penchant, Platonic, Plutonic, Power Down, Power Lass, Power Up, Powered, Pragmatic, Preamble, Quadrant, Quash, Quid Pro Quo, Racy, Rakish, Rank, Rankle, Rant, Rebuff, Recant, Remarkable, Remarkable Girl, Remarkable Woman, Repartee, Restrain, Retort, Right Stuff, Rigmarole, Rumpus, Sacrosanct, Sanctimonious, Scalawag, Semantic, Shirk, Spellsinger, Superficial, Tab, Taciturn, Tact, Tamper, Tandem, Tantamount, Temperamental, Tempt, Tough Stuff, Ubiquitous, Ulterior, Ultra Kid, Underling, Unscathed, Verbatim, Voracious, Wacky, Wag, Warp Speed, Waylay, Whim, Xanthippe, Xerox, Yank, Yell, Yes Man, Yokel, Yonder, Yore, Zany, Zoom Zoom

Names I Grabbed
Faux Pas, Fib

Edited by Sixpence
  • Like 1

More Available Names: 

Tyrranical

Emoji 

Prohibition

Snag

Millipede

Mastery

Injurious

Sparkletron

Bolo

Dreamling

Dragonet

Darkening

Darkening Sky

Flipper

Traitorous

Betrayal

Violation

Zowie

High Octane

Queensbury

Queensbury Rules

Rotter

Bloodgutter

Tethered

Patented

Stacked

Unpleasant

Reviled

Block Rocker

Liar Liar

Names I Grabbed (Thanks!)

Keynote

• 4 weeks later

Some Available Names

• Bookmark
  • Cheer
  • Favor
  • Favorite
  • Finish
  • Good Cheer
  • Stamina
  • Start

Religious Symbols as Names

• Dharma
  • Khanda
  • Taijitu
  • Torii

Doctors

• Dr. Bad
  • Dr. Bane
  • Dr. Good
  • Dr. Life
  • Dr. Light
  • Dr. Lightning
  • Dr. Shadow
  • Dr. Truth

Released into the Wild

• Dragonscale
  • Ergo
  • Islander
  • Powerkid
  • Shindig
  • Utmost

"CR" is no longer available as the first two letters of a character name since it's also used as "Community Rep" on this server.
Such as CR Tempest, here on the forums.

It's the whole "no GM" thing.  Except "GM" doesn't usually start a word in the English language, while as you've shown, "CR" is actually a letter combo for the start of many several words.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1