Beam Rifle / EA Build, questions

Deathevn

Good afternoon,

I am going to be making a beam rifle / Energy Aura Sent and I have come up with this build so far. Perma energize, near perma hasten. Close to soft cap defenses.  I dont have that much experience playing at extremely high level content with fully io'ed out builds. The build is still a work in progress, but I have a big of a nagging concern that I have grabbed to many single target attacks and as such eaten up to many slots on them. With the way beam rifle and sentinel's work I have grabbed both the T1 and the T2 attacks. to have access to offensive and defensive opportunity,  but I am starting to think with perma energize that the t2 attack and defensive opportunity may be a complete wash out . Any weigh ins on that topic or the build in general?

Thanks!

Hero Plan by Mids' Hero Designer 1.962
http://www.cohplanner.com/

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Primary Power Set: Beam Rifle
Secondary Power Set: Energy Aura
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (13) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (15) Decimation - Damage/Recharge
  • (17) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (46) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 1: Kinetic Shield

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed
  • (3) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (3) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (5) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (9) Shield Wall - +Res (Teleportation), +5% Res (All)

Level 2: Charged Shot

• (A) Superior Sentinel's Ward - RechargeTime/Chance for +Absorb
  • (17) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime
  • (19) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage
  • (19) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (43) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (46) Superior Sentinel's Ward - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 4: Power Shield

• (5) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (7) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (9) Kismet - Accuracy +6%

Level 6: Cutting Beam

• (A) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (27) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (31) Positron's Blast - Damage/Recharge
  • (31) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range
  • (43) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)

Level 8: Disintegrate

• (A) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (33) Devastation - Damage/Endurance
  • (33) Devastation - Damage/Recharge
  • (33) Devastation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge

Level 10: Energize

• (A) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime
  • (11) Panacea - Hea/Recharge
  • (11) Miracle - Heal/Recharge
  • (13) Preventive Medicine - Heal/RechargeTime/Endurance

Level 12: Lancer Shot

• (A) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage
  • (40) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Damage/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/RechargeTime
  • (42) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance
  • (42) Superior Opportunity Strikes - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance/RechargeTime

Level 14: Aim

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (15) Gaussian's Synchronized Fire-Control - Chance for Build Up

Level 16: Entropy Shield

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 18: Refractor Beam

• (A) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (34) Decimation - Accuracy/Damage
  • (34) Decimation - Damage/Endurance
  • (34) Decimation - Accuracy/Endurance/Recharge
  • (50) Decimation - Damage/Recharge

Level 20: Power Armor

• (A) Reactive Armor - Resistance
  • (21) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
  • (21) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (23) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge
  • (23) Gladiator's Armor - TP Protection +3% Def (All)

Level 22: Super Jump

• (A) Empty

Level 24: Maneuvers

• (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (25) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (27) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 26: Piercing Beam

• (A) Positron's Blast - Chance of Damage(Energy)
  • (37) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage
  • (37) Positron's Blast - Damage/Range
  • (39) Positron's Blast - Damage/Endurance
  • (46) Positron's Blast - Accuracy/Damage/Endurance

Level 28: Repelling Force

• (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (29) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (31) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge

Level 30: Tactics

• (A) To Hit Buff IO

Level 32: Overcharge

• (A) Ragnarok - Damage
  • (39) Ragnarok - Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Damage/Recharge
  • (40) Ragnarok - Accuracy/Recharge
  • (43) Ragnarok - Damage/Endurance
  • (50) Achilles' Heel - Chance for Res Debuff

Level 35: Kinetic Dampening

• (36) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
  • (36) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge
  • (36) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (37) Steadfast Protection - Resistance/+Def 3%

Level 38: Hasten

• (A) Recharge Reduction IO
  • (39) Recharge Reduction IO

Level 41: Boxing

• (A) Empty

Level 44: Tough

• (45) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance
  • (45) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Endurance/Recharge
  • (45) Reactive Armor - Resistance/Recharge

Level 47: Weave

• (A) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance/Recharge
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense/Endurance
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Defense
  • (48) Luck of the Gambler - Recharge Speed

Level 49: Assault

• (A) Endurance Reduction IO

Level 1: Brawl

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Dash

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Slide

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Quick

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Rush

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Prestige Power Surge

• (A) Empty

Level 1: Sprint

• (A) Empty

Level 2: Rest

• (A) Empty

Level 4: Ninja Run 

Level 2: Swift

Edited by Deathevn

Couple things about Beam and the inherent. 

Your instinct about not really needing Charged Shot for Defensive Opportunity is sound.  You may miss it if you exemplar but chances are Energize will still hold up.  Players seem to wrap their heads around Opportunity as if it is necessary to have access to both.  Hell, I thought that when I started playing Sentinels.  From my experience, needing to take both the T1 and T2 is all in one's head.  The damage effect provided by Offensive Opportunity is not so high that it is earth shattering post level-22.  That damage additive cannot be enhanced so once you start increasing the quality of your damage modification with SO's and common IO's around level 22 the value drops for Offensive.  Defensive Opportunity has value to some builds.  I have used it on Dual Pistols/Ninjutsu as a method of avoiding the need to click my endurance heal.  That method gives me an option of regaining health & endurance per target struck while still using a clickable that does damage OR I can just forsake damage for an immediate hefty endurance heal.  For my Dark Blast build I completely skipped the T1 and took on the T2 (Gloom) not for Opportunity but because that power was the better choice for the build. 

So Opportunity can offer some tactical play for certain builds.  Opportunity does not offer tactical play for all builds.  Energy Aura already has a lot of really good endurance management so yeah, Defensive Opportunity isn't nearly that important.  To be fair though, as I stated before, Offensive Opportunity isn't that amazing either. 

Since I've beaten the horse of Opportunity value enough I'll put this into context of Beam Rifle.  You have a choice between Single Shot and Charged Shot.  So, what to pick? 

Well, ideally you want to run Disintegrate -> Lancer Shot -> Piercing Beam (or some variation of that sequence) as often as possible without the need to rely on your lowbie attacks.  So in an ideal world where you have the recharge to support those 3 good powers your choice of T1 or T2 changes a little.  Single Shot has a debuff attached to it that has some value against hard targets like AVs and it also provides you Offensive Opportunity.  Charged Shot's damage is a little better if we ignore the debuff and it also has the option of taking the Force Feedback recharge proc.  However, if your use of the power is light then whatever procs you put in that power really don't matter.  So I may lean more towards Single Shot, but really the choice here isn't a game changer. 

Your planner is out of date.  Refractor Beam cannot take Decimation.  If you aren't going to use Charged Shot much, or at all, then I'd highly recommend putting that ATO in Refractor Beam.  Your version of Mid's won't allow that but you can do it in game.  Alternatively you could put either ATO in Overcharge too. 

You have some very rare sets in your build plan, so I may as well suggest you put the Apocalypse set in Lancer Shot vs the Strikes ATO.  The Opportunity Strikes ATO can go in Disintegrate, Piercing Beam, or Overcharge -- dealer's choice.  If you take that set, then consider taking the chance for Opportunity proc.  The proc isn't the most amazing thing the world but a random chance for more Opportunity meter has its merits (sometimes).  I'd also consider putting the Annihilation chance for resistance debuff into Piercing Beam.  (Edit: So the one thing about Opportunity that is worth your time is the -20% resistance which is applied regardless of the T1/T2.  The Strikes proc can improve uptime on that debuff even if it is unreliable.)

In short, prioritize slotting Disintegrate, Lancer Shot, and Piercing Beam.  Refractor Beam is a good AoE so I'd 6 slot it with either the Ward ATO (has a chance to trigger per enemy) or go with damage procs (it can take a few).  Cutting Beam is fine as is.  Overcharge... I feel you can take it or leave it at 5 or 6 slots.  I do like a 6th slot there with Achilles Heel, but I find I can also live with just 5 slots for a set bonus.  That leaves Single/Charge Shot.  Which ever you take you can slot it as little or as much as you like.   You don't need to fully slot it since it shouldn't be a staple attack for you but you'll want some accuracy to land Opportunity as well as when you exemplar down.  

By dropping an attack you'll end up with more slots even if you devote a few to Disintegrate, Lancer and Piercing Beam.  So if you can manage it try to 6 slot Aim with Gaussian for the extra defense.  The largest bonus from that set is positional but you will still get some extra padding on the typed defenses. 

Without playing with it more that's the bulk of what I have. 

Oh, before I scuttle off.  You can go into the options of those planners and change your accuracy in the exemplar options.  Against a +4 target you'd have an effective 39% base to hit. You can lower your base to hit in the exemplar section of the option down to 39% and the planner will recalculate your accuracy for all attacks.  I bring that up because you're running multiple copies of 4x Luck of the Gambler (9% accuracy bonus), the Kismet to hit AND Tactics.  If your adjusted base to hit still shows a base accuracy over 95% you've got too much accuracy which may be better slots elsewhere.  Keep in mind, once you get to T3 Alpha in the Incarnate system that level shift will boost your accuracy even against level 54 enemies (who would be effectively level 53 to you).

Edited by oldskool
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Instead of making another thread asking for advice on my build I figured I'd just jump in on this one. I made this build this morning and I probably missed a few things.

Goals for the build were as follows:

1) soft cap for typed damage

2) perma hasten and energize

I was able to accomplish both but having played neither set was wondering if I made a few mistakes along the way. Most notably, not six-slotting Piercing Beam and six-slotting Overcharge to put a -res proc that doesn't do anything for the nuke itself. Let me know what you think

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.0.7
https://github.com/ImaginaryDevelopment/imaginary-hero-designer

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Power Pool: Flight
Ancillary Pool: Dark Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Charged Shot -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(5), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(7), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(7), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(39)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(27), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(29), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(29), RedFrt-EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(9), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(11), SprFrzBls-Rchg/ImmobProc(11), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(40)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(31), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(36), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(27)
Level 8: Fly -- Flight-I(A)
Level 10: Energize -- DctWnd-Heal(A), DctWnd-Heal/Rchg(37), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx/Rchg(37), DctWnd-Heal/EndRdx(39), DctWnd-Rchg(39)
Level 12: Kinetic Dampening -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(13), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(13), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(15)
Level 14: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 16: Entropy Shield -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Refractor Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(19), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(19), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(21), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(21), PstBls-Dam%(48)
Level 20: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Apc-Acc/Rchg(42), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(42), Apc-Dam%(42)
Level 22: Power Armor -- RctArm-ResDam(A), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx(23), RctArm-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(23), RctArm-ResDam/Rchg(25)
Level 24: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(46), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(48)
Level 28: Repelling Force -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 30: Kick -- FrcFdb-Rechg%(A)
Level 32: Overcharge -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(33), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(34)
Level 35: Tough -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(36)
Level 38: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(48), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 41: Smite -- KntCmb-Acc/Dmg(A), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx(43), KntCmb-Dmg/Rchg(43), KntCmb-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Netherworld Grasp -- BslGaz-Acc/Hold(A), BslGaz-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-Rchg/Hold(45), BslGaz-EndRdx/Rchg/Hold(45)
Level 47: Darkest Night -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Opportunity
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
------------

Edit: And already I noticed something: instead of 4 slotting LotG in Weave I should 3 slot it and put one of the Resist procs there. It loses me a whole .1 Defense. I can only hope that it doesn't break the build losing so much.

Edited by Procellus

• 5 weeks later

I pretty much have the similar build.. 

I have to tell you this build is a beast..  mine is a hover blaster.. I fell asleep at the computer woke up 30 minutes later and I was still alive..  

You can't go wrong with this build for a solid toon. 

On 11/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, ninja surprise said:

Thanks for posting this build, I was just wondering if it's possible to soft-cap Energy Aura on a Sentinel.  Takes some work since the Sentinel set is the only ranged damage that gives +s/l def.

It's possible to softcap energy aura(except psi of course). I've done it on my sonic/EA sentinel. The above build, however doesn't do it. I don't have a pines build for mine however, so I'd have to work it up to show how to do it. 

Edited by drbuzzard

One comment on the OP's build is that it seems more set on spending money than softcapping. All those LotG pieces are rather expensive, and probably not really worth it. You do need the global recharge of course, but going beyond that is just sinking influence.  Also, I don't really think you should need leadership pool. Those are a huge endurance drain for marginal performance benefit. Though if you are going to take them, do vengance instead of tactics since it gives a big boost even if you don't slot it. 

I just took a look at my sonic/EA and I didn't use a whole lot of sets for defensive boosting and got to over softcap. 

s/l 48.9%

f/c 49.07

e 58%

ne 47.01

psi 25%

This is with 182% global recharge including perma hasten. Mind you the above numbers do include T4 agility alpha which helps a bit. It would be marginally below softcap in a few things without that. 

Notable sets for defensive numbers:

Thunderstrike- gets you are lot of energy/neg energy and the latter is a weak spot, so one set at least is a good idea. 

Both ATO sets at six slotting as the one that was skipped to six gives energy/negative energy defense at six. 

Kinetic Combat- big lethal/smashing defense bonus

obliteration - more l/s def (bonus is better for melee, but you take what you can get l/s is hard to come by ranged)

Aegis- big f/c def bonus

full performance shifter in energy drain for more f/c def

A big 'advantage' of sonic vs. beam rifle is that there's a number of powers which clearly can be skipped. This left room for the psi pool which got me a melee attack for kinetic combat and another PBAOE. 

I also saved a bunch of slots by doing plain def and resistance50 IOs at +4. 

My BR character is electrical armor, and while I did get my resistances to s/l/f/c/e all to 75%, I made no effort on defense at all. I have all the BR attacks and no epic pool at all. I'd probably second the notion that you can skip charged shot (not that I did, and not that I need it due to perma hasten meaning I could no doubt do a chain without it), but getting all my stuff so high in resistances means I don't really want to mess with how it works all that much. 

Edited by drbuzzard

39 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

It's possible to softcap energy aura(except psi of course). I've done it on my sonic/EA sentinel. The above build, however doesn't do it. I don't have a pines build for mine however, so I'd have to work it up to show how to do it. 

10 minutes ago, drbuzzard said:

One comment on the OP's build is that it seems more set on spending money than softcapping. All those LotG pieces are rather expensive, and probably not really worth it. 

I just took a look at my sonic/EA and I didn't use a whole lot of sets for defensive boosting and got to over softcap. 

s/l 48.9%

f/c 49.07

e 58%

ne 47.01

psi 25%

This is with 182% global recharge including perma hasten. Mind you the above numbers do include T4 agility alpha which helps a bit. It would be marginally below softcap in a few things without that. 

Notable sets for defensive numbers:

Thunderstrike- gets you are lot of energy/neg energy and the latter is a weak spot, so one set at least is a good idea. 

Both ATO sets at six slotting as the one that was skipped to six gives energy/negative energy defense at six. 

Kinetic Combat- big lethal/smashing defense bonus

obliteration - more l/s def (bonus is better for melee, but you take what you can get l/s is hard to come by ranged)

Aegis- big f/c def bonus

full performance shifter in energy drain for more f/c def

A big 'advantage' of sonic vs. beam rifle is that there's a number of powers which clearly can be skipped. This left room for the psi pool which got me a melee attack for kinetic combat and another PBAOE. 

I also saved a bunch of slots by doing plain def and resistance50 IOs at +4. 

My BR character is electrical armor, and while I did get my resistances to s/l/f/c/e all to 75%, I made no effort on defense at all. I have all the BR attacks and no epic pool at all. I'd probably second the notion that you can skip charged shot (not that I did, and not that I need it due to perma hasten meaning I could no doubt do a chain without it), but getting all my stuff so high in resistances means I don't really want to mess with how it works all that much. 

Not a challenge..

Please post both builds to see what your talking about, further what setting ?

I am running 4/8 easily on this build.. My build is Type defense capped minus I think Psi.

Again not a challenge but it would be a good conversation to spawn some other ideas and discussions from.

10 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

I don't have builds in pine's (which I said and you even quoted) and don't really have the time and interest to do so right now. If there's an easy way to screen cap it on a mac, let me know and I'll post that. 

yea its the normal mac capture of the screen and then you can just choose the file when replying back and upload it. 

You do not need to host the pictures anywhere.

But what setting you running in game on these builds ? 

Edited by plainguy

11 hours ago, plainguy said:

yea its the normal mac capture of the screen and then you can just choose the file when replying back and upload it. 

You do not need to host the pictures anywhere.

But what setting you running in game on these builds ? 

The normal Mac capture is to use an app called grab. I don't see how that will work using software running in a PC emulation envelope like this. 

As for what I run the builds on, the sonic/EA can be run at up to +4x8. I've farmed missions in DA and such. The electric armor build isn't as sturdy so I'd go lower, but honestly I don't really solo a whole lot. I play an MMO for that second M after all. My most common pass times are ITFs, the 35+ TFs, or Apex and Tin Mage. The builds are all fine on teams for such things, and I don't die much, while doing reasonably solid damage. I don't claim to be the greatest of players, as I have my quirks. I don't use inspirations as often as I should. I'm often lazy about watching my health bar (gets my killed on tankers even), and skip popping incarnate stuff when I ought to. 

But since you seem to not care for my advice without an explicit build or pictures, how about you simply ignore what I have to say since it's not costing you anything. I'll just post what I'm inclined to post, and you can read or not read what you're inclined to read.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, drbuzzard said:

The normal Mac capture is to use an app called grab. I don't see how that will work using software running in a PC emulation envelope like this. 

As for what I run the builds on, the sonic/EA can be run at up to +4x8. I've farmed missions in DA and such. The electric armor build isn't as sturdy so I'd go lower, but honestly I don't really solo a whole lot. I play an MMO for that second M after all. My most common pass times are ITFs, the 35+ TFs, or Apex and Tin Mage. The builds are all fine on teams for such things, and I don't die much, while doing reasonably solid damage. I don't claim to be the greatest of players, as I have my quirks. I don't use inspirations as often as I should. I'm often lazy about watching my health bar (gets my killed on tankers even), and skip popping incarnate stuff when I ought to. 

But since you seem to not care for my advice without an explicit build or pictures, how about you simply ignore what I have to say since it's not costing you anything. I'll just post what I'm inclined to post, and you can read or not read what you're inclined to read.

Sorry dude.. 

You took everything I said the wrong way even after I expressed it wasn't a challenge and more as I mentioned an will repeat a dialogue to tweak builds and just shoot across ideas between a bunch of players..  So you didn't read anything I posted. 

And to be clear I have seen many post listed on these forums and even the OLD forums that people bragged about and just by understanding the game mechanics you could see it was totally impossible what they were saying they were doing with this listed build and I think that is a disservice to the community.  People come for help someone says this build is great when it isn't and then someone else wastes their time on it.

Look even the guys who are doing all the work on procs on these forums had to concede when I asked about the survivability  of a build they where posting about. But they didn't get offended when I asked them about it.

I will be honest I can only do so much without Mids assistance doing builds.  I have done enough builds to understand and get core builds together.. EG Traps builds I sort of know the layout by heart now.  I was discussing DP Kin builds with another player and he tweaked out a build I thought was OP at that time. THEN Months later he reposted an messaged me to have even a GREATER build.

End result that Kin lay out is core for many other builds. 

But beyond that being able to see the IOs slotted to look at a build in mids is helpful.  Even if I had to look at as screen shot and recreate the build for other players on the forums to see. 

But I prefaced my post clearly I wasn't making any challenges.  I mean really WTF would be the point of it ?  

I just wanted to see the build and maybe combine them into something better, or maybe someone else would.

But you took it personal for whatever reason. 

I didn't realize your asking about taking a screenshot and how to post it was sarcasm. I thought you were serious. 

Edited by plainguy

On 12/11/2019 at 8:22 AM, drbuzzard said:

But since you seem to not care for my advice without an explicit build or pictures,

Just so you know that is just corroborating what you're saying.

Evidence to back up what you're say.

I mean really anyone can just post a few line about one or two IOs and then express how they have these inflated number without any real proof.. 

Yea..

I have 2 LOTG that give me perma hasten because I slotted to +11 through hack I have.  

And then I have full positional and typed defense cap along with full resistance cap. 

I know how to do this but I have no clue how to use mids or take a screen shot on my computer.

See that is sarcasm.

On my PC currently, so the normal screen capture worked. Thanks for the Mac trick. I haven't used anything but grab for years. The below build has 75% l/s/f/c/e resistance and 47 ps, 42 NE. It is perma hsaten and reasonably capable. The softcapped defensive builds are more sturdy, but as this one does everything at range, it tends to be sturdy enough. You can always kite if it gets a bit hairy. Other than the superior ATOs and one purple set, it's even fairly cheap. It should be obvious I don't try to play the proc game to optimize damage. If you want better damage, I won't be much help. However I do get to pop overcharge every 23 seconds.

\image.thumb.png.38aca4c5db9cdc38106724d8c17d5fbb.png

Edited by drbuzzard

I tried to reproduce your build in the planner from the picture.  I had to make an assumption or two, but it should be close enough for anyone who wants to pop it up in the planner.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Secondary Power Set: Electric Armor
Power Pool: Concealment

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx:50(3), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg:50(3), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(5), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(5)
Level 1: Charged Armor -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg:50(31), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(34), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(36), TtnCtn-ResDam:50(36)
Level 2: Cutting Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg:50(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx:50(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg:50(7), PstBls-Dmg/Rng:50(9), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(9), PstBls-Dam%:50(11)
Level 4: Charged Shot -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx:50(15), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg:50(17), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(17), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(19)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx:50(11), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg:50(13), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(13), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(15)
Level 8: Aim -- RechRdx-I:50(A)
Level 10: Charged Shield -- Heal-I:50(A), NmnCnv-Heal:50(46), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+:50(48)
Level 12: Lancer Shot -- Dvs-Acc/Dmg:50(A), Dvs-Dmg/EndRdx:50(19), Dvs-Dmg/Rchg:50(21), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(21), Dvs-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(23)
Level 14: Conductive Shield -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg:50(36), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(37), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(37), TtnCtn-ResDam:50(37)
Level 16: Static Shield -- Ags-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), Ags-ResDam:50(39), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(39), Ags-Psi/Status:50(39)
Level 18: Refractor Beam -- Rgn-Knock%:50(A), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg:50(23), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(25), Rgn-Acc/Rchg:50(25), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx:50(31)
Level 20: Grounded -- ResDam-I:50(A)
Level 22: Energize -- Prv-Heal:50(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx:50(40), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg:50(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg:50(40), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx:50(42), Prv-Absorb%:50(42)
Level 24: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(27), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(29), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(29), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity:50(31)
Level 28: Lightning Reflexes -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 30: Tough -- TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx:50(A), TtnCtn-ResDam/Rchg:50(48), TtnCtn-EndRdx:50(50), TtnCtn-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg:50(50), TtnCtn-ResDam:50(50)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg:50(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg:50(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg:50(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx:50(33), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg:50(34), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb:50(34)
Level 35: Power Sink -- EffAdp-EndMod:50(A), EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg:50(42), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc:50(43), EffAdp-EndMod/Acc/Rchg:50(43), EffAdp-Acc/Rchg:50(43), EffAdp-EndMod/EndRdx:50(45)
Level 38: Super Jump -- WntGif-RunSpd/Jump/Fly/Rng/EndRdx:50(A), WntGif-ResSlow:50(46)
Level 41: Combat Jumping -- ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP:50(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(46)
Level 44: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+:50(A)
Level 47: Hasten -- RechRdx-I:50(A), RechRdx-I:50(48)
Level 49: Invisibility -- Rct-ResDam%:50(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I:50(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End:50(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I:50(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- EndMod-I:50(A), EndMod-I:50(45), PrfShf-End%:50(45)
------------

edit:  Obviously made no attempt to plan by level, just added the powers.  Ignore power levels and slot levels.

Edited by Caulderone

Very close, only thing I noticed was that I have a LotG in invisibility instead of the scaling damage proc. I guess I figure with most things capped, there's no point in using it, and the ones that aren't capped it won't help enough. I'd rather have the heal up a bit faster.

• 2 weeks later

Endgame build.  Able to soft cap to everything except Psi and Dark.  With Agility Dark is also capped.  Perma hasten and with Agility can be perma with 1 slot freeing up more options. 1HP away from the HP cap.  Power Drain up every 18 seconds.  The cost of those improvements are 2 attacks.  First I got rid of cutting beam.  It is decent at low levels but end game you will have Refractor beam up under 7 seconds and overcharge up less than 30 seconds (including cast time) combined with the random Disintegrate spread it should not be that bad for AoE. (And because I personally don't like lining up cones).  I also dropped Charged Shot as defensive is not really needed with /Energy.  You can get away with only using it when opportunity is up as there is enough recharge to always have another attack open.  There are also a lot of 6 slotted attacks for psi resist and defense.  If you are not worried about those then you can proc a couple powers out for more damage.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(A), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(40), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Rct-Def(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx(39)
Level 2: Kinetic Dampening -- ImpArm-ResPsi(A), ImpArm-ResDam(3), ImpArm-ResDam/EndRdx(3)
Level 4: Power Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(5), Rct-Def(5), Rct-Def/EndRdx(37)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(7), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(7), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(25), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(37)
Level 8: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(9), ShlWal-Def(9), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(21)
Level 10: Energize -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(11), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Prv-Heal/Rchg(13), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(13), Prv-Absorb%(19)
Level 12: Aim -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dam%(A), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(15), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(15), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), Apc-Acc/Rchg(17), Apc-Dmg(19)
Level 18: Super Jump -- Jump-I(A)
Level 20: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(21)
Level 22: Power Armor -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23), UnbGrd-ResDam(25)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Piercing Beam -- Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(A), Rgn-Dmg(27), Rgn-Dmg/Rchg(27), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(29), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(29), Rgn-Knock%(34)
Level 28: Repelling Force -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(50), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(50), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(50)
Level 30: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(31), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(31), UnbGrd-EndRdx/Rchg(31)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(34), PstBls-Dam%(34)
Level 35: Weave -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(36), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/Rchg(36), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(48)
Level 38: Refractor Beam -- PstBls-Acc/Dmg(A), PstBls-Dmg/EndRdx(43), PstBls-Dmg/Rng(45), PstBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(45), PstBls-Dam%(45), PstBls-Dmg/Rchg(46)
Level 41: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(46), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 44: Power Drain -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(42), Mrc-Rcvry+(43)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(43)
Level 0: Freedom Phalanx Reserve 
Level 0: Portal Jockey 
Level 0: The Atlas Medallion 
Level 0: Task Force Commander 
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
------------

• 1 month later

Finally got around to settling on rolling up a Sentinel, dug around a bit to see if anyone else had experimented with Beam/EA (seems it's not that common). Wouldn't normally post a build that has similar end results, but I thought it interesting how different the path to 50 plays out in my choices versus HelenCarnate's, so I figured I would. Other than Psionic Def/Res, the values tap out pretty much exactly the same all down to--but excluding--Hasten. I didn't take Hasten since I honestly don't see the point when all it ends up doing is cycling down a second or two (where it might matter) on all of two abilities in the entire build; that's pretty unnecessary in my book. It would be possible to add it in and end up with it Perma (at 190 Global total, that's pretty much a given).

Only major thing I can say here that is an interesting/major variance is the inclusion of Afterburner as a defensive "panic" button. Yes, it does take the character effectively out of combat, but it pops the defense up into iCap territory and pads in the event of any major debuffs that can be responded to. Gives the player a chance to breathe momentarily.

Spoiler

Level 50 Magic Sentinel
Power Pool: Flight

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Single Shot -- Dcm-Acc/Dmg(A), Dcm-Dmg/EndRdx(25), Dcm-Build%(27), Dcm-Dmg/Rchg(27), Dcm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(34)
Level 1: Kinetic Shield -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(34), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(37), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(40), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 2: Kinetic Dampening -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 4: Cutting Beam -- OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg(A), OvrFrc-Acc/Dmg/End(5), OvrFrc-Dam/KB(7), PstBls-Dam%(7), Ann-ResDeb%(9), AchHee-ResDeb%(48)
Level 6: Disintegrate -- SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprOppStr-Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(15), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(17), SprOppStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprOppStr-Rchg/+Opportunity(40)
Level 8: Power Shield -- Rct-Def(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(9), Rct-EndRdx/Rchg(19), Rct-Def/Rchg(39), Rct-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(48), Rct-ResDam%(25)
Level 10: Energize -- Pnc-Heal/EndRedux(A), Pnc-EndRdx/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/Rchg(11), Pnc-Heal/EndRedux/Rchg(13), Pnc-Heal(13)
Level 12: Hover -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(17)
Level 14: Lancer Shot -- Apc-Dmg(A), Apc-Dmg/Rchg(29), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(45), Apc-Dam%(46), GldJvl-Dam%(46)
Level 18: Maneuvers -- ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(A), ShlWal-Def(19), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(50)
Level 20: Power Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(21), UnbGrd-Max HP%(23)
Level 22: Fly -- BlsoftheZ-Travel/EndRdx(A)
Level 24: Refractor Beam -- SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg(A), SprFrzBls-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(33), SprFrzBls-Dmg/EndRdx(33), JvlVll-Dam%(33), PstBls-Dam%(34), AchHee-ResDeb%(37)
Level 26: Boxing -- Acc-I(A)
Level 28: Repelling Force -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(29), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 30: Aim -- RechRdx-I(A), GssSynFr--Build%(31)
Level 32: Overcharge -- SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg(A), SprSntWar-Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(42), SprSntWar-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(43), SprSntWar-Rchg/+Absorb(43)
Level 35: Piercing Beam -- Rgn-Dmg(A), Rgn-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), Rgn-Acc/Rchg(36), Rgn-Dmg/EndRdx(36), Rgn-Knock%(37), Ann-ResDeb%(46)
Level 38: Tough -- Ags-ResDam(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(39), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), Ags-EndRdx/Rchg(48)
Level 41: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), HO:Cyto(45), HO:Cyto(45)
Level 44: Tactics -- HO:Cyto(A)
Level 47: Afterburner -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 49: Power Drain -- EffAdp-EndMod/Rchg(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3), Mrc-Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-EndMod(A), PrfShf-End%(5)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1466;714;1428;HEX;|
		|78DA6594CB4F135114C6EF6D6784B63C5ACBB3B485226FCAD0F2D0A551790484844|
		|0E2B699C0A58CA903693101351A172EDDB841A3FF800B5DA971EBDE6762949726AE|
		|5C09F84A74554FE73B54924EDAFCE67EF79E73CF39F7CC9D5E1BA9783C7EF3B4905|
		|5E732662E979A53F6AA65AB8C3E6DA6AD795178CAE81F3AD453B3A69D560BC65965|
		|5E4ACD5A8B19152E4E8DA84565E794316AAB6C7A3D75E672D60C4CD84B2A4B0B8CC|
		|317DFCCF272C618CB58E9A5D56AE77D4A990B2A9B5BB2562A315798B2ECB4D719CD|
		|AD28B5101A5DB1E68DE246A319359F9A3673AB2ABBDE40D1B5D3FF7DB7E027AF8B0|