My scrapping brethren.. I need help.

Bill Z Bubba

So, I'm trying to get to a stupid number of vet levels on my main claws/sr scrapper and I'm almost to the halfway mark but this is taking forever.

I'm running DA repeatables from Ephram Sha at +4/x8 w/ bosses.

I've tried to go the super pack route for extra Experienced buffs, but the time it takes to buy them, open them, sell the garbage, and only getting 1-3 charges per 100 mil spent just ain't worth it.

I've tried farming Brigg's AE mission, and it turns out I'm faster on the fire map than the SL map because I don't need to bother with practiced brawler, but even that is slower than DA repeatables.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can get these vet lvls faster than the 3 per hour I'm pushing?

Thank you for your support.

Run +4 ITF's, I got two levels in a bit over an hour last night allowing me to T4 a couple of Incarnate slots.  The team had plenty of damage and mitigation so we chewed through mobs very quickly.

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

19 minutes ago, Falsey said:

As for your XP grind, would it be better to have a proper farming toon boosting that char of yours?

Tried that. With XP getting cut in almost half by 2 ppl on map AND already nerfed in AE, it was actually faster to solo the same burn map with the claws/sr which in turn was still slower than DA. A lot of that is due to 54s being +1 while in DA instead of in AE where 54s are +3 with nerfed XP.

6 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm involved with a lot of ITFs (still my favorite tf) but as you point it, that too, is slower.

Slower, but far less boring.  Personally I hit a wall with my tolerance of mindlessly farming and have to do something else after an hour tops.  Too much of it and I burn out on that character and have to mothball him for awhile and play something completely different for a few days.

I find I greatly prefer playing on a team to playing solo.  Some teams are great, some are ok and some are suicidal but they're usually entertaining.

• Like 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

3 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Thanks for the thoughts, yall. I hit the halfway mark this afternoon, so I'll just keep trucking along and running team stuff with the grind gets to be too much.

Where are you at so far? The highest I think I recall seeing anyone at in-game has been ~116ish vet levels... I'm probably off on that, but yeah.

2 hours ago, Sir Myshkin said:

Where are you at so far? The highest I think I recall seeing anyone at in-game has been ~116ish vet levels... I'm probably off on that, but yeah.

I'm at 333. Goin for 666 then xp gets disabled. But I seem to recall that the devs said someone hit 1000 vet lvls a long time ago and I've seen a guy on Excel in the 400s.

14 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

Have you tried using the ultimate inspiration that gives you an additional level shift? Not sure on their prices or how much it will increase your kill speed, but they can't hurt. 

They usually run around 1.5 million on average. They spike occasionally around 3. 

Patience, naturally , gets them much cheaper. Bought 3 for 12000 a cpl months back somehow but I suspect that was an error. Now why I had bid that low I have no idea. 

4 hours ago, Sakai said:

They usually run around 1.5 million on average. They spike occasionally around 3. 

Patience, naturally , gets them much cheaper. Bought 3 for 12000 a cpl months back somehow but I suspect that was an error. Now why I had bid that low I have no idea. 

They're only 30 incarnate threads a pop from the fairy in Ouroboros.

• Thanks 1

Are we +1 in DA or +3?   I was thinking +3, but I never really looked. 

I also have decided the fastest leveling for solo-Vet levels is DA where I can use my level shift.  I'm not doing 3 levels an hour, or really caring to try.  I just go there when I want to bang out the remainder of a level quick.

Are you doing Bosses on or off?  I think depending on your AoE damage vs ST damage bias, you might actually level faster if you don't have to slow down to drop the bosses in each spawn ...but I was using my blaster on +4x8 no bosses.

Edited by Shred Monkey

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

13 hours ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

I'm at 333. Goin for 666 then xp gets disabled. But I seem to recall that the devs said someone hit 1000 vet lvls a long time ago and I've seen a guy on Excel in the 400s.

Only 111 hours to go... So... next week sometime?

• Haha 1

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

I don't know how you guys do it.  I just can't play the same character for hours and hours on end.  I think my highest lvl 50 is vet level 4 or 5???

The incarnate stuff is interesting but I find playing ALTs to be MORE interesting.  

Anyways, good luck.  

20+ years ago when I first started in my career with computers, I had a manager call me a pitbull with a goatee. I'm thankful for that mindset as it has funded my life and addictions well. I've around 50 alts right now, some fully T4ed, some just T3ed, some barely in their teens.

But there's only one BZB Scrapper. And two brutes. And a stalker. And a female tank version. All claws/sr.

• Like 2