Is Hell On Earth Worth Slotting?

Griffyn

I've been playing Demon/Dark for a while now and I'd say Hell on Earth is very worth it. First off it acts as a 90 second Accuracy & Damage buff for the pet you use it on. Also it will periodically summon extra minions doing 50+ dmg a hit each. Its long cooldown means you should probably save it for the bigger fights. 

I recommend enhancing it with expedient reinforcement, and taking haste as part of your build. Typically I will cast HoE on my Demon Prince before a big fight, then cast haste. Doing that I'll be able to recast HoE just a few minutes after the last cast of HoE ended. 

• Like 1

Side note it works on all pets I noticed. I had a Demon ( whip ) Trap and Hell on Earth would work on FFG, Acid Mortar as well. 

yes. it provides a significant damage boost. the imps that are pooped out can he made perma with a perma hasten build. 

At its peak you have like 8 or so of the little buggers out. they can tremendously boost single target output when they all pile on. 

• 6 months later
On 11/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, plainguy said:

Side note it works on all pets I noticed. I had a Demon ( whip ) Trap and Hell on Earth would work on FFG, Acid Mortar as well. 

Interesting.   Does that mean it can be used on Lore pets?   If so, that's clearly the best use since that Lore pet can do so much more Dmg...

My personal take is that you definitely want to take it for the slot mule slotting opportunity.    But unless you have a very high recharge build so it's up often, then it's totally fine not slotting it for much Dmg or Accuracy if using those slots elsewhere makes your overall build significantly better.    You get the same Dmg buff regardless of slotting, so the only way Dmg/Acc help is from the dmg the steam of little imps can do with their attacks.     They help clear trash mobs faster, but against really tough targets I find it hard to keep them alive on some 2ndaries and builds.   

Their value probably depends mostly on your 2ndary.     A 2ndary like /Time will have trouble keeping them alive because they will rarely emerge when they can get instantly buffed by your /Farsight +Def.    But with a 2ndary like /Traps or /FF they'd be automatically buffed....    /Dark  might similarly do well with them, since they'd automatically get your /ShadowFall, Manuevers, and the -Tohot and -Dmg debuffs...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Causality said:

Interesting.   Does that mean it can be used on Lore pets?   If so, that's clearly the best use since that Lore pet can do so much more Dmg...

Yes, Hell on Earth does on any pets, include Lore.  I always use it on any pet I have out that can dish out the most damage.

Assuming a roughly 33% uptime(easily achievable even without hasten), the living hellfires do about as much dps as 1.5 extra T1 pets. They are also the same level as T1 pets so they suffer the same from purple patch. The damage buff is pretty miniscule. I would still consider 4/6 Command of the Mastermind recharge pieces + 2 auras to be standard for HoE. There's room in the demonlings and demon prince to slot the other two auras. 

Edited by BGSacho

8 hours ago, BGSacho said:

Assuming a roughly 33% uptime(easily achievable even without hasten), the living hellfires do about as much dps as 1.5 extra T1 pets. They are also the same level as T1 pets so they suffer the same from purple patch. The damage buff is pretty miniscule. I would still consider 4/6 Command of the Mastermind recharge pieces + 2 auras to be standard for HoE. There's room in the demonlings and demon prince to slot the other two auras. 

This is how I slot Hell on Earth and Gang War on every Demon or Thugs Character I play; it gives a nice recharge and hit point set bonuses bonus, and the power has power ED capped recharge, and good accuracy/damage.  This what it looks like in Mids without an alpha slotted:

Level 18: Hell on Earth -- SprCmmoft-Rchg/PetAoEDef(A), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), SprCmmoft-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(48), SprCmmoft-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(48), ExpRnf-+Res(Pets)(48), CaltoArm-+Def(Pets)(50)

image.png.e9f3e0764b398303f855f009ba7db5ec.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later
  • 1 year later