How to receive more AE slots?

As a rather prolific AE writer back on live, one of my more frequent frustrations was that I constantly had to rotate out arcs that I made - losing all their reviews and whatnot in the process - in order to have room to post new adventures. Is there a way to submit arcs for dev review more frequently, or requisition more AE slots? Because I would love the chance to introduce a trilogy I made without having to use up all three of my "published AE" slots!

Completely agree to the idea of finding a way to unlock more arc slots.  I don't have access to any of my old arcs, but am looking forward to writing all new ones.  However, three arc slots doesn't work if I decide I want to do an extended, nine-arc epic (done that), or have a series of holiday-themed arcs available for play (done that) for fun.  Rotating them in and out is inefficient, and holding extra accounts just for extra AE slots is even more inefficient if I want to be able to respond to feedback. 

I realize the server is in its infancy and this is probably not something that can be granted instantly, but think it should be something that gets looked into.

@CyberneticHobo

New Server, New Characters, New Stories

So exciting to have access to CoH and the MA again!!! Just signed on today for the first time.

I have been sitting on these old missions, with ideas to tweak them, for years!

I'm re-posting some now, and of course am already out of slots. How do you contact a GM to get more?

Several of mine received some community recognition back in the day - would love to somehow submit for Devs choice now, is that possible?

AE Arcs: Search for @Ankylosaur    * denotes Dev's Choice

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

Good idea - thanks for the link! Request sent...

• Adventures in Lit:  Adventures in Wonderland - 25-54*  |  Adventures in Oz - 40-54  |  Adventures in Neverland - 45-54
  • Notable One-offs: Rularularian - 41-54*  |  The Serpent Beyond the Horizon - 46-52*   |  Robolution - 25-34*  |  The Genesis & Geneticists of The Coming Hamiggedon -  41-54*   |  Spycraft and Spidermen - 40-47  |  Return to Faultline - 40-54 
  • Post-Praetoria Series: All That Glitters: Gold Brickers & Mooks 9 Arcs  |   All That Glimmers:  First Warders & Mu - 9 Arcs  | All That Glints: The Awakened & Council - 3 Arcs  |  All That Glows: Nictus & 5th Column - 3 Arcs*   |  All That Gleams: Epilogue (Neo Tokyo) - 1 Arc

• 4 weeks later

Just bumping this to ask the question again - a kind GM sent me a tell but we never connected or really uncovered a way to get more slots. You used to be able to buy some through the ticket system I believe.

Is there a way to get a few more slots? I have these old missions I would love to load and one or two I would love to work on...

• Like 2

• 4 months later

+1 for more slots - still just at 3 here. 

I am going to make a second and possibly a third account just to get more AE slots.

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Heraclea, you're right - I just finally accepted that. 🙂

What's the point of limiting Arcs to 3 per account, when you can easily make new account and put missing AE content there, although this's clearly uncomfortable? AE tickets aren't hell of a valuable either, to justify such a limitation.

Likely restriction to 3 Arcs is some artifact from times when City of Heroes was a paid game, back then in order to keep account functioning you had to pay real money...

But right now this restrikshun just doesn't make any sense at all. This could be some very easy solution for this. In "\COH\missionserver\db_users.txt" (serverside) there are variables "Publish Slots", they may be edited with premature removing two strings with CRC at start of the file. But also default number of these slots for newly created account might be upped somewhat (to 1000 for instance) as well.

Edit: for the latter thing this worked: in "\COH\bin\missionserver.exe" (32-bit version, serverside) filding following bytes:

05 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 03 00 00 00

and replacing them to

05 00 00 00 18 00 00 00 E8 03 00 00

May work as needed. But l can't be sure about consequences (hopefully they're absent). This changed default value of AE slots for newly signed up to AE accounts (from 3 to 1000).

Edited by Purrfekshawn

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

• 3 years later

You can ask a GM for more.  I have, and they've been kind enough to say yes every time.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

I got three more via support ticket and was told I can always submit another for three more again.

• Thumbs Up 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

On 9/3/2023 at 4:58 AM, fireknight13 said:

I thought during live the limit was 5, but I guess not.  I truly wish they would give us 10 arcs per account or even allow us to buy arc slots with AE tickets.

Why pay with tickets when all you need to do is ask for it?

Put in a support ticket. Clave Dark is right - no limit, just ask.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Back on live, you could buy more slots through the Paragon Market - the market that uses real money to buy points so you could purchase unlocks in the game (like things at the P2W vendor).  If you were a subscriber, you got X amount of points per month that would add up and one of  the things you could get were more AE slots, 

Now, just send an in-game petition/support ticket and a GM will award you 3 more slots.  You can get as many as you want.  

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Greycat said:

Clave Dark is right

Woo, I almost never hear that!

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

7 minutes ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

Woo, I almost never hear that!

Well...we know what THIS means.

(Securing my place in the bunker as we speak...):-)

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.