Most useless powers in the game...

Goddamage

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

No, the people are over reacting.  There are 2 problems

1. MM can't control his pet because of shit AI, uses group fly to counter it.

2. Whiney players who can't spend 5 mins running to Pocket D and talking to a bird.

Now, with out GF the first problem cannot be solved; namely the shit AI.

Now, with the second problem of "over reacting whiny griefing" caused by GF can easily be solved.  5. Fucking. Minutes. Of. Your. Life.  

Get it?  Yes, it is annoying AF to be caught by that power.  Its also annoying AF for you stupid bots to have the AI of a Contaminated in Outbreak.  Both problems can be solved easily, GF to counter bot melee and GF being canceled by talking to an ugly ass graphic bird.  Only takes a little bit of effort, hell the MM has to waste several power picks to get GF where as the whiny players only have to spend a few minutes per toon to turn it off.; which is the bigger trade off?

Also, teach the others how to cancel ALL of the powers they don't like while there is only a limited list to pick from.  Otherwise you got a useless player who got exiled by some asshole or the MM can pretend to be a crappy scrapper-blaster hybrid just to save endurance on useless pets that die to AV stomps.

You forgot problem and over reacting person #3: you.

Every post you've had in this thread has been the same overreaction about the same thing: you don't want to work and play well with others, and when asked to turn off an optional - and suboptimal - power by people you're supposedly teamed with, you refuse and instead whine incessantly instead of acting like part of a team. A kick a is hell of a lot faster than 5 minutes of my life, and while I can think of several times where I would be glad to have someone with Group Fly on the team that could affect my character, none of them have anything to do with a Mastermind who can't control their pets without it (presumably they don't know about or don't use binds and macros which negate any need for wasting the power pick).

It should be moot soon anyway: check the patch notes for test.

I hear what you're saying and get the limitation of the game/AI with pets but your stance of telling your teammates what to do is the same as them asking you what to do.  Except you have the power to not be an asshole.  You didn't choose well and you're standing on your soapbox while doing it.  Sometimes, it's the approach that means everything.

Anyway, I agree it was a brilliant idea to use GF to get around the AI pet limitations of the game.  But not at the expense of other players when they specifically ask you to stop. 

• Like 1

On 12/6/2019 at 9:07 PM, Traegus said:

you are aware that black hole was changed, and the phase shift works differently now? it creates a field, wherein the baddies are phased to the "outside" world and can't attack/be attacked, but you can enter the field at will and then attack them, making this much more useful for segregating a crowded battle field if things start to overwhelm your team. also works great if you wormhole a spawn in the black hole, adding dazed stumbling to their predicament.

Black Hole (Dark Miasma) was NOT changed, only Dimension Shift (Gravity Control) was changed.

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

19 hours ago, siolfir said:

You forgot problem and over reacting person #3: you.

Every post you've had in this thread has been the same overreaction about the same thing: you don't want to work and play well with others, and when asked to turn off an optional - and suboptimal - power by people you're supposedly teamed with, you refuse and instead whine incessantly instead of acting like part of a team. A kick a is hell of a lot faster than 5 minutes of my life, and while I can think of several times where I would be glad to have someone with Group Fly on the team that could affect my character, none of them have anything to do with a Mastermind who can't control their pets without it (presumably they don't know about or don't use binds and macros which negate any need for wasting the power pick).

It should be moot soon anyway: check the patch notes for test.

Bud, my fucking phone ate a post so I am gonna be briefer

I am not over reacting over the power.  Its the behavior you are showing.

Group fly is beyond fucking stupid, he got creative to solve an issue.  Maybe the commands didn't work, the AI is beyond shit. I approve of anyone that gets creative.

If the guy dismissed his bots and continued to harass the group, that is griefing. 

If their is a fix on test, awesome. I don't bother reading them, I am used to changes withs nerfs and buffs.  See Issue 4.  Whatever comes off test, I can live with.

Your reasoning is a poor choice, to kick someone instead of solving the problem that is a few minutes of your time.  You are electing for the simple option, abandoning and exile them because of that shit power.

Think about your behaviour, actions, and choices; what if you were that guy.  That is all I am saying and asking.  This is an MMO, not Self Centered Online games.  Just help the dude out, it only costs you a few minutes and show others how to solve the problem with an unknow option to the masses using that stupid bird.  Otherwise just uninstall, it would be an even easier option then dealing with the problem.

18 hours ago, siolfir said:

A kick a is hell of a lot faster than 5 minutes of my life,

I stand corrected.  4:57, from atlas steps to Pocket D including 2 10ish second load times and 10 more seconds to orient to Pocket D in Kings Row as I got turned around.  This is using a level 1 stalker and hide, with out sprint on, while turning off all the options to speed, GF, Team teleport and navigating the menu of the damn bird.  Slight longer from non-connecting zones, then again I played through when there were 2 separate trams lines and Oro didn't exist or the whirl gate at the base of the tram line in Atlas.

Only saying, it doesn't take long and your attitude comes off as being a dick because you hate GF, while at the same time....you can turn it off but refuse to.  You complain, but you have the power to neuter it but won't take the initiative.  You can PREVENT GF FROM AFFECTING YOU.  That is the only thing I don't get that you are the squeaky wheel but the grease is in Pocket D to silence it, yet at the same time it lets the one MM guy  use GF which increase his value of effort o the team....so long as they turn it off.  It isn't hard at all.  "Hey guys, we need to go to P D and turn off some powers that affect us."  Done...now I don't know if you can neutralize it but it still affects other team pets; controller may not fly but the fire imps might?  Then it is more of a hassle.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

40 minutes ago, Lines said:

Group fly is about to go from mostly useless to totally useless.

If it does, I can shut up and others can stop bitching.

Win-Win, so long as it doesn't fuck over the guy who was using it if MM pet behavior is still shit.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

11 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Its the behavior you are showing.

That's what I'm complaining about. Keep in mind the situation described: you are already on a team, you were asked not to use a power that was causing problems, and you refused to do so. That is what the kick is about.

16 hours ago, tafilr said:

I hear what you're saying and get the limitation of the game/AI with pets but your stance of telling your teammates what to do is the same as them asking you what to do.  Except you have the power to not be an asshole.  You didn't choose well and you're standing on your soapbox while doing it.  Sometimes, it's the approach that means everything.

Anyway, I agree it was a brilliant idea to use GF to get around the AI pet limitations of the game.  But not at the expense of other players when they specifically ask you to stop. 

This. This exactly.

While we're at it:

19 hours ago, siolfir said:

I can think of several times where I would be glad to have someone with Group Fly on the team that could affect my character

I don't think it's reasonable to expect everyone else to waste their time so you don't have to learn to play without it. I don't care if you use Group Fly or not; I care if you cause problems with it and refuse to stop while telling other people that they are the problem.

Everything you said about people being unreasonable applies far more to your posts than anyone asking to turn off an AoE power - which is warned by Null that will still affect your pets, the ability to turn it off only affects you - that many consider to be detrimental to mobility, that prevents some powers from firing that require the user to be on the ground, and that can easily be toggled off in far less time than it takes to organize a group outing to Pocket D.

Edited by siolfir
grammar

11 minutes ago, jubakumbi said:

Yep, just like the other threads say, this is the best community evar!

Such acceptance and empathy!

So calm and reasonable!

So friendly!

So much Love!

Nobody's perfect, and we certainly shouldn't be judged by anomalous examples.  Stuff happens.  Sometimes it boils over into the forums. 

We might not be as good as we sometimes think we are, but I don't think we are as collectively bad as we are being painted here either. 😉

• Like 1

What was no more, is REBORN!

I hesitate to call any power truly useless but any power that does Phase Shifting on enemy targets is usually a bad bet... Especially since generally the archetypes that get these powers already have good ways to keep enemy groups at range (any AoE immobilize, slow patch, knockdown patch.)  Though, Team Teleport might be a power that I've never seen anyone TRY to take. so that's probably my vote for most useless non-temporary power.

21 hours ago, jubakumbi said:

Yep, just like the other threads say, this is the best community evar!

Such acceptance and empathy!

So calm and reasonable!

So friendly!

So much Love!

Now I want to propose a Loving Emotions buffing set. With a Cruel Breakup single-target debuff.

On 12/8/2019 at 12:44 AM, drbuzzard said:

Oh yea, forgot Omega Maneuver. It's a nuke. However, it doesn't do nuke damage, and has twice the recharge. It's simply full of win.

You forgot that the windup is so slow it'll never go off before your team erases the entire pack.  Never.

1 hour ago, Black Zot said:

You forgot that the windup is so slow it'll never go off before your team erases the entire pack.  Never.

Yeah, definitely that too. Plus the alleged taunt which is supposed to draw things into die in the blast (which isn't big to kill anything) doesn't really work. 

1 hour ago, Extor Prime said:

Any self-res.

You can buy self-res from AH or P2W.

Or you can waste a power pick on it.

Choose wisely, grasshopper.

Ah, but Rise of the Phoenix can be slotted as an attack power and does pretty good damage. I would call it an exception. 

Any self-res.

I for one really enjoy self-rez powers in powersets.  I don't often have room for them, but sometimes I wind up looking at a build that's taken everything that I wanted and still has 1 or 2 powers left, and usually I'm more constrained by slots anyway.  So from this perspective a self-rez is less of a wasted power pick and more of a power that requires no slots to have a concrete, if small, benefit to my gameplay.  It definitely lets me play my main much more aggressively than I'd be able to otherwise. 

9 hours ago, Extor Prime said:

Any self-res.

8 hours ago, drbuzzard said:

Ah, but Rise of the Phoenix can be slotted as an attack power and does pretty good damage. I would call it an exception. 

I was in a PUG where one toon was using Rise of the Phoenix as an attack (not as part of a chain!); I thought it was pretty clever.

As a self-appointed defender of the Presence power pool I will point out: Unrelenting doubles as a self-rez as well as its non-dead use as a super Regen/Recovery and +Damage boost. As far as fifth pool powers, there are many far worse options. I think the Presence pool is the most under-rated of all the Power pools.

I don't know. In case of using a self-res as a one-slot-wonder, maybe I'm not imaginative enough, but I personally can't picture a build with 1, much less 2 "free" power picks that could not be spent on something else that does not bank on me being dead to work.

Self-res powers always struck me as an ingame version of an extended warranty.

1 hour ago, tidge said:

I was in a PUG where one toon was using Rise of the Phoenix as an attack (not as part of a chain!); I thought it was pretty clever.

As a self-appointed defender of the Presence power pool I will point out: Unrelenting doubles as a self-rez as well as its non-dead use as a super Regen/Recovery and +Damage boost. As far as fifth pool powers, there are many far worse options. I think the Presence pool is the most under-rated of all the Power pools.

As a self-appointed detractor of the old Presence power pool I will point out: two taunts and two fears with nothing else is a garbage pool and that's where the reputation comes from. Pacify replaced Challenge, Unrelenting is supposed to be the lure to make people want to take it instead of a different pool, and the only power that wasn't buffed when they looked at it was Provoke (Invoke Panic got a base accuracy increase from 0.8 to 0.9 and the endurance cost was reduced for both fear powers). After the changes it's not complete garbage, but when you're limited to 4 pools there are usually better options out there.

And with that said, play what you enjoy. Case in point:

I don't know. In case of using a self-res as a one-slot-wonder, maybe I'm not imaginative enough, but I personally can't picture a build with 1, much less 2 "free" power picks that could not be spent on something else that does not bank on me being dead to work.

Self-res powers always struck me as an ingame version of an extended warranty.

On the old servers I had a Fire/Fire/Flame Blaster with Self Destruction and Rise of the Phoenix slotted for damage. It was complete overkill, and glorious for it.

Edited by siolfir
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, siolfir said:

As a self-appointed detractor of the old Presence power pool I will point out: two taunts and two fears with nothing else is a garbage pool and that's where the reputation comes from. Pacify replaced Challenge, Unrelenting is supposed to be the lure to make people want to take it instead of a different pool, and the only power that wasn't buffed when they looked at it was Provoke (Invoke Panic got a base accuracy increase from 0.8 to 0.9 and the endurance cost was reduced for both fear powers). After the changes it's not complete garbage, but when you're limited to 4 pools there are usually better options out there.

I get a lot of use out of Presence on Defensive builds that don't have (but can use) a self-heal. I generally find the Medicine pool to be difficult to leverage with the most utility coming for Masterminds (and I suppose Crabberminds) when solo.

I can understand why some players have a low opinion of Provoke, but if you want a Taunt, as a targetted AoE I find it more useful than single-target taunts from ATs. I personally find Pacify to be a niche power, but if the character is allergic to a multi-taunt it is actually a great alternate choice, as in 1-on-1 combat it buys time for another couple of actions.

The single-target Intimidate is IMO the most disappointing, but that's only because it is sort of complimentary to T1 single-target immobilizes which I generally find to be weak. The PBAoE  Invoke Panic is a different story, as it can slow down a large group of enemies and even dish damage via the Psi proc... 5-slotting the PBAoE with Glimpse of the Abyss gets some decent set bonuses.

I've already talked up Unrelenting, so I'll just repeat that I think it is best single-slotted or 6-slotted with Preventative Medicine.  With 6 slots on a heavy Recharge build it can be available in about 3 minutes give-or-take.

I certainly recognize that Presence doesn't offer single-picks for LotG, nor does it have a path to resistance set mules which many build crave. For my builds that don't need pool powers to get those slots, and don't care about Hasten, I find that it doesn't deserve 'detraction'.

TL;DR The Presence pool offers a pleasant mix of powers usually restricted to certain ATs and powersets (AoE Taunts, Control, Self-heal/Rez) that offer utility to certain builds.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tidge said:

RotP used to be a great way of clearing the -Recovery effect from crashing nukes.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!