General suggestions (really long)

kelika2

I didnt feel like making threads for all of these.

These suggestions will be all over the place and wont really have a theme and will run on.

Gravity Control:  Swap Wormhole and Dimension Shift.  Low level Task Forces are a little rough

Cold Domination:  Swap Snow Storm and Sleet.  No reason for this other than having a solid debuff earlier on and having a skippable level 35 power to loosen some builds on some characters.

Super Reflexes: Swap Agile and Evasion for all ATs.  or...

Unrealistic Super Reflexes revamp:  Add Mez Resist to the toggles.

Focused Fighting(tier2):  Disorient

Focused Senses(tier3):  Sleep and Hold

Evasion(tier4):  Knockback and Immobilize

Practiced Brawler moved to Tier8 slot, lost mez resistance, keep it a click for some minor Regen/Recovery/Absorb.  Makes sense that a Practiced Brawler would bounce back a little quicker or shrug off some damage, like a glancing blow or something.

Kheldians:  Add some +jump to Nova forms so flight control is a thing.  Found this out with taking Combat Jumping for a filler power on one of my Fliers

Cosmic Balance/Dark Sustenance:  Bump the radius up to 1000ft from 300ft

Also time to think about removing Quantums outside of Kheld story arcs, long gone of the days where Khelds "need" a downside to the "epic archetype" for "balance"

Martial Arts:  Swap Crippling Axe Kick with Dragon's tail(all ATs, I am aware of the tanker test server stuff). 

Storm Kick into a Cone and give the +def to Scrappers and Stalkers

Dual Blades:  Combos to activate/move on in the event of a missed attack

Broadsword:  Add minor smashing damage in addition to current numbers.  I mean Broadswords are heavy as fuck and are pretty much axes that cut with force

Katana::  Add bleeding(lethal dot) to all attacks.  The Lotus Drops, but for all attacks.

Claws:  Scrappers/Brute/Tank/Widows?:  Follow Up's +dmg bumped up.  The numbers are all over the place currently

Stalker: Claw's Assassin Strike to give say +10-20% damage for 12 seconds or so.  Now that AS is more than welcome to use outside of Hide/Placate it'll be like other AT's Follow Up

All Ranged sets where this applies:  Cone attack target limit bumped up to 16 targets.  I -think- all Ranged Damage Set cone attacks target 10 max, many of them narrow and short range.  But the biggest offender here is FULL AUTO.  Full Auto is the only tier9 attack that hits 10 targets

Assault Rifle:  Beanbag's damage bumped up to be higher than burst, but lower than slug.  Remember the Cobra Strike buff?  Pretty much that

Ignite to have a wider radius, or remove the fear effect.

Archery:  Poisoned Arrows to replace Fistful of Arrows.  same cone/damage(moderate) but with added poison dot(moderate)

Devices: Field Operative(Cloaking Device) to graphically suppress when attacking/being attacked.  Being invisible all the time is a huge turn off.

Trip Mine:  Revamp into Shrapnel Grenade.  Targeted location lethal DoT(moderate)

Time Bomb:  Remove the setup time somehow.  Either have it a ground location targeted timed explosion or a sticky grenade

All Blaster Secondaries that this applies to:  Minimal FX option for all +recovery/heal/survival toggles

Mental Manipulation:  Drain Psyche duration to 60 seconds.  Do that thing where the first target gives the biggest bonus.  And increase the radius.

Stone Armor: Stone Skin to resist all damage, and bumped up to 15% for Tankers, 12.25% for brutes

Rock/Brimstone/Crystal/Minerals:  Add unenhanceable resistance to each flavor of armor.  smash/lethal to rock, etc.  Maybe 10% for tanks, 7.5% for brutes and epic pools

Granite Armor:  Think its time to remove the -spd from this

All Tier9 armors with Crashes:  I think its time to get rid of all the hp/end/resist/def crashes.  These should be more than IO mules at level 47/49

Unrealistic Stalker revamp:  Make "Placate" into an AT ability and give Stalker's AoEs/other lost attacks.  This game moves too fast for Placate to be used for general purpose stuff and I guarantee you that the lack of AoEs is what turns people away from some sets like Energy Melee, Martial Arts, Claws, etc or even Stalkers in general.  Give it the recharge time of ED Capped Placate which is 31-33 Seconds and just like Domination, allow +rech to effect it so stalkers do not miss a beat

Stalker's Fast Healing for Regen and Willpower:  Give it the +recovery lost from Quick Recovery because of Hide.

Super ultra unrealistic Dominator Revamp:  Cut all melee attacks.  It was cute at first but damn a low hp AT with no defenses/resists and most go perma-hasten for perma-dom in melee range?  screw that.  misses, target limit, exemp below level 23.  all factors that drive Doms into the ground if they decide to go into melee.  Now this post went on a little long and there are too many dom secondaries to go through.

1 hour ago, kelika2 said:

Unrealistic Stalker revamp:  Make "Placate" into an AT ability and give Stalker's AoEs/other lost attacks.  This game moves too fast for Placate to be used for general purpose stuff and I guarantee you that the lack of AoEs is what turns people away from some sets like Energy Melee, Martial Arts, Claws, etc or even Stalkers in general.  Give it the recharge time of ED Capped Placate which is 31-33 Seconds and just like Domination, allow +rech to effect it so stalkers do not miss a beat

Stalker's Fast Healing for Regen and Willpower:  Give it the +recovery lost from Quick Recovery because of Hide.

Counter-proposal.

When Stalkers were created (went live with Issue 7) ... it simply wasn't possible to do what powers like Mystic Flight can now do ... which is to say, activate 1 power in order to access another power (with the second power being one that can't be enhanced at all).  And now that I've said that, I'm pretty sure you know where I'm going with this ...

Remove Placate from Stalkers as a power pick so as to "move" Placate into being a "sub-power enabled by" Hide.  In other words, while you've got Hide toggled on, you gain access to Placate ... albeit a Placate power that cannot be enhanced (and honestly it never needed to be).

With Placate removed from the tiers of power picks, simply put back the AoE power that Stalkers lost in their primaries to make room for Placate.

DONE.  :classic_ninja:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

7 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Super ultra unrealistic Dominator Revamp:  Cut all melee attacks.  It was cute at first but damn a low hp AT with no defenses/resists and most go perma-hasten for perma-dom in melee range?  screw that.  misses, target limit, exemp below level 23.  all factors that drive Doms into the ground if they decide to go into melee.  Now this post went on a little long and there are too many dom secondaries to go through.

No. No. As someone with both EM and SM doms, no. I LIKE being in melee, and that blapper style of play, on a dom (a squishy AT) is fun as hell and a rush. With no melee at all, the assault sets would just become blast sets..which are already shared by 3 ATs.

Unrealistic Stalker revamp:  Make "Placate" into an AT ability and give Stalker's AoEs/other lost attacks.

Yes. I had a Kat stalker on Live, and ONE aoe was a pain.

Assault Rifle:  Beanbag's damage bumped up to be higher than burst, but lower than slug.  Remember the Cobra Strike buff?  Pretty much that

Ignite to have a wider radius, or remove the fear effect.

Archery:  Poisoned Arrows to replace Fistful of Arrows.  same cone/damage(moderate) but with added poison dot(moderate)

YES. Archery has one of the worst damage types, with only blazing arrow as anything else. AR needs a hard update, especially on the ranges and arcs of the cones.

Oddly enough, I almost made a thread exactly like this one but with more a focus on quick number fixes that should be made. Liquefy, for example, should have its cool down cut to 180 seconds. Theres no reason not to and it should take minutes to do (said by someone who has no idea what it actually takes). 

Agree with removing all tier 9 armor crashes. They should all follow the Meltdown model. 

Love the placate idea for stalkers. The ATO makes placate obsolete. I would just be careful with what replaces it in some sets. Some attack sets have decent to strong Aoe already. The early sets certainly do not. 

3 hours ago, Razor Cure said:
11 hours ago, kelika2 said:

No. No. As someone with both EM and SM doms, no. I LIKE being in melee, and that blapper style of play, on a dom (a squishy AT) is fun as hell and a rush. With no melee at all, the assault sets would just become blast sets..which are already shared by 3 ATs.

I agree, I like my melee attacks

10 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Remove Placate from Stalkers as a power pick so as to "move" Placate into being a "sub-power enabled by" Hide.  In other words, while you've got Hide toggled on, you gain access to Placate ... albeit a Placate power that cannot be enhanced (and honestly it never needed to be).

With Placate removed from the tiers of power picks, simply put back the AoE power that Stalkers lost in their primaries to make room for Placate.

Yeah I like this - the power to be put back would need to be analysed on a set by set basis as some didn't lose much if any aoe in the first place but this would be a massive boon for the likes of martial arts which ended up with no aoe at all (what were they thinking?!). Dual blades would probably need the combo that uses placate looked at but that seems like a win almost regardless of the way it's redone.

Also Redlynne, that little dancer you have in your sig is seriously distracting. I keep just staring at her for ages...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Yeah agreed. Doms are a range/melee hybrid and should remain that way. How would you even start removing the melee from earth assault? What would you be left with?

I feel Doms could do with *something* though. I keep wanting to start one and not getting much further than planning out a build. I get that they are late bloomers but even so they just seem to lack a little bit of something. The powers that stick out to me are the cones in the assault sets, I imagine overall these are the most commonly dropped powers as they are just a bit clunky to use alongside the pbaoe and melee attacks. Swapping/replacing these with targeted aoe's (swapping with a tertiary power where the appropriate one exists, simply replacing where not) would seriously improve the flow of the sets.

Just a thought - haven't spent a huge amount of time analysing the balance aspects of it but feels like it's worth consideration.

Dominator: Domination is terrible. It's time we start discussing this.  I'm not saying it's weak - it's just bad for the class.  They took the one AT with more clicks than time to use them all, and then told them their objective best build is "always more recharge."

Removing melee attacks isn't the answer: it's a frank discussion on Domination.

Proposal: Empty out the bar on activation instead of when the buff wears off. This would let you begin to build towards your next usage, so the complete binary of permadom is broken (for the uninitiated: if you're even 1 second from permadom, the bar will empty out just before you activate, causing you to take the minutes to build the bar again).

Stalker: if you're going pie in the sky...

The biggest issue for me, with Stalkers, is simple Aesthetics. This one game that brags about its trillions of costume combinations went and made EVERY cloak move a toggle?

Change hide as follows:

• Auto defense bonus
  • Click instead of a toggle (with an easily perma-able duration/recast)
  • Include aoe placate into it, entirely because AI limitations are hostile to mid fight stealth

A few comments on some of the other ideas from the op:

Cold Domination:  Swap Snow Storm and Sleet.  No reason for this other than having a solid debuff earlier on and having a skippable level 35 power to loosen some builds on some characters.

Yeah would be nice. Cold Dom waits a long time for such a set defining power.

Dual Blades:  Combos to activate/move on in the event of a missed attack

Would be lovely but not sure how how feasible.

All Ranged sets where this applies:  Cone attack target limit bumped up to 16 targets.  I -think- all Ranged Damage Set cone attacks target 10 max, many of them narrow and short range.  But the biggest offender here is FULL AUTO.  Full Auto is the only tier9 attack that hits 10 targets

I'd want a balance pass over the ranges and arcs first. Dark blast is a particular offender where each cone has a different range and arc and nightfall is a pitiful 20 degrees. There seems no real need to make cones awkward to use (I enjoy using them but I still get frustrated), would it really unbalance things massively to settle on single values for range and arc within a set and have all it's cones use that?

12 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Mental Manipulation:  Drain Psyche duration to 60 seconds.  Do that thing where the first target gives the biggest bonus.  And increase the radius.

Drain Psyche is pretty powerful as it is. It doesn't put all other secondaries in the shade quite like it used to but still - does it really need a buff? I could see doing the first target weighting thing though for a bigger buff in one on one.

12 hours ago, kelika2 said:

All Tier9 armors with Crashes:  I think its time to get rid of all the hp/end/resist/def crashes.  These should be more than IO mules at level 47/49

I wouldn't be looking at the crashes, I'd be looking at what these powers provide overall. In many cases they are simply redundant within the set, providing extra defence or resist to sets that generally already have these well in hand. I would look at redesigning them to fill the gaps in the rest of the set on a temporary basis - so provide resists to a defence only set or vice versa. They could also patch up the holes to psy or whatever else and provide exotic resists to things like energy drain and slows. With all that they would become worth taking even with a crash.

Just thinknig more about the Stalker ideas in here (that of an auto Placate in the set), maybe the same could be used for Tanks? Give them a seperate, autotake taunt power (exactly as taunt in now, but no power choice) and give them another aoe/cone. That would help there damage, and with teh lower damage of tanks, wouldnt be OP.

Here's an ironic idea for rebuilding the Hasten pool power Flurry ... and ONLY Flurry ... so this wouldn't necessarily carry over into the Shadow Maul and Sands of Mu versions of the power (until after playtesting and "popular demand" for the change passes a verdict on the option).

Right now, and ever since Issue 0 basically, Flurry has been a Click power.  Click to animate one attack that does a multiple hit damage over time effect for the duration of the animation (or misses for the duration of the animation).

Change that.

Instead ... turn Flurry into a Toggle power(!) ... with a 0.25s activation speed and a hit check required for each activation ... which will "lock" all other powers aside from Flurry until Flurry is toggled off (so while using Flurry you can't activate any other powers, but other toggles that are on continue to run).  This would then allow the Player to decide how long they want to remain "Flurry Locked" before toggling off Flurry.  Recharge time remains 3 seconds once toggled off and endurance cost would be set at 0.44 per activation (which computes to ~5.4 per 3 seconds so as to keep near parity with current performance).  While Flurry is toggled on, the PC will be rooted and unable to move (so toggle Flurry off to move) because Flurry is an attack power.  Use the current damage scaling for Flurry normalized for a "per activation every 0.25s" performance profile.

The biggest thing that this change would do is make "missing" with Flurry something that stops being a problem, since the miss would be for a single activation and not the entire animation after a Click.  So individual damage ticks wouldn't land, but other damage ticks in the chain would roll their tohit independently, because Toggle Flurry would check tohit every activation over time (which could vary) rather than checking once as an all or nothing for a 3.07s duration Click attack power.  Keep Flurry as a single target required melee power, rather than turning it into a Cone (like Sands of Mu or Shadow Maul) so that none of its enhancement slotting needs to be changed.

Basically ... turn Flurry into a "budabudabuda" fast fist punching power that allows the Player to start and stop the Flurry of rapid fist punching, in effect, On Demand.

spacer.png

Pegasus Ryu Sei Ken

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

On 12/16/2019 at 9:41 PM, kelika2 said:

All Blaster Secondaries that this applies to:  Minimal FX option for all +recovery/heal/survival toggles

Does this also mean not always having a little number ticking over my head every couple seconds?

'cause I'd be all over that.

1 hour ago, Lazarillo said:

Does this also mean not always having a little number ticking over my head every couple seconds?

'cause I'd be all over that.

I'm pretty sure thats not the game...unless the version you got is much more advanced than the one I have

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

7 hours ago, boggo2300 said:

I'm pretty sure thats not the game...unless the version you got is much more advanced than the one I have

Isn't it?  Last I checked, all the Blaster secondary powers that ticked an Absorb effect put the little "+50" (or whatever number) above your head every time it ticked. 

The self +Regen powers don't (since they don't produce specific ticks of such), and I believe when I checked, Cauterizing Aura (which ticks a heal, rather than an absorb) actually didn't if you were at full health, but the Absorb ones do.

@Redlynne I actually really like this idea. I mean, it's the lamest power in the game so what do we have to lose in trying to make it interesting?

A similar but different approach would be making it be, essentially, a dot aura that plays interruptible brawl animations - brawl emotes, really (so that any action taken loses no time to it).

Edited by Replacement

6 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Isn't it?  Last I checked, all the Blaster secondary powers that ticked an Absorb effect put the little "+50" (or whatever number) above your head every time it ticked. 

The self +Regen powers don't (since they don't produce specific ticks of such), and I believe when I checked, Cauterizing Aura (which ticks a heal, rather than an absorb) actually didn't if you were at full health, but the Absorb ones do.

Oh, sorry completely misunderstood what you said, my bad

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

On 12/16/2019 at 10:41 PM, kelika2 said:

Martial Arts:  Swap Crippling Axe Kick with Dragon's tail(all ATs, I am aware of the tanker test server stuff). 

Swap a lvl 18 and a lvl 26? meh - those levels go really fast

I'm all for making Storm Kick a cone (i.e., Spinning Kick in Martial assault), but the devs have already said giving the +def to scrappers isn't going to happen because of the higher chance to crit.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

52 minutes ago, Uun said:

Swap a lvl 18 and a lvl 26? meh - those levels go really fast

I'm all for making Storm Kick a cone (i.e., Spinning Kick in Martial assault), but the devs have already said giving the +def to scrappers isn't going to happen because of the higher chance to crit.

Lower level task forces in mind.  Anything pre-level 21 exemplaring as a MA is just brutal.  not having a single AoE for posi/synapes/virgil/cavern just makes me skip that alt for the week

On 12/16/2019 at 10:41 PM, kelika2 said:

Making either Storm Kick or Thunder Kick into a cone attack would be nice.

The change I most want to see on Martial Arts is for it to receive -Resist on most/all of its attacks the same way Radiation Melee does -Defense on its attacks.

1 hour ago, Shadowsleuth said:

The change I most want to see on Martial Arts is for it to receive -Resist on most/all of its attacks the same way Radiation Melee does -Defense on its attacks.

You might be able to justify -res for one attack, but -res for the whole set would be way OP. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

1 hour ago, Uun said:

You might be able to justify -res for one attack, but -res for the whole set would be way OP. 

And yet there are plenty of sets which have -def for the whole set ... hmmm ...

IifneyR.gif

58 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

And yet there are plenty of sets which have -def for the whole set ... hmmm ...

Because -resist is better than -def.  Most people most of the time hit most enemies 90%-95% of the time.  -def has either no or little effect on your ability to kill most enemies.

-resist gives an effective damage buff, to your entire team, in the vast majority of all situations.