Report Typos Here!

Widower

Adding to Herotu's report, Freezing Touch in the Ice Manipulation set has the same inconsistency in the level up description where it states both Minor and High damage.

image.thumb.jpeg.b6a098a055d493e9415f5fea951189a7.jpeg

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

I'm not sure if it properly qualifies as a typo, but if you look at the list of zones when you click on a teleporter in an SG base, you'll see that all of the zones that have 'different' names from their original neighborhood names -- Baumton to 'Boomtown', Venice to 'Crey's Folly', Woodvale to 'Eden', Eastgate to 'The Hollows' -- have the zone name enclosed in quotes, but Astoria, now called Dark Astoria, doesn't. While the base neighborhood name is still there, I think that prefacing it with 'Dark' is enough of a change to justify putting the zone name in quotes when it appears in destination lists.

Windfall's activation confirmation window has a lot of information that isn't relevant anymore, both regarding VIP status/reward level and the drop requirements of incarnate salvage. It's not a typo (just severely outdated), but could do with some cleaning up.

Windfall.jpg.931bd7eae202ca3480ce25755e20e4ac.jpg

Hi! Found this typo while making a Tanker - the Savage Melee description says that Blood Frenzy can affect Blood Frenzy.

Not sure if this is an actual mechanic or a typo, as I'm fairly new. Hope this helps!

TYPO!.png

Not a typo - looks like a macro error.  I saw this yesterday while waiting to start an ITF.  I don't think we were called "Task Force Name" when we ran Silver Mantis a couple of days before...

image.png.1d7e8ef190435afd23aa7ab9819908e1.png

The 5th Column Nightwolf guarding the scientist at the end of the mission "Track Down Your Clone" From Dean MacArthur has the BOSS_DISPLAYINFO placeholder for a description.

image.thumb.jpeg.cb6d808e0637afd73dec1a38ac593264.jpeg

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

In the Taper of the Frozen Flame tip mission, in the Rogue version to destroy the taper, you get a clue when you find a glowie chest in the mission that says:

Pile of Demonic Tomes

Inside the chest you discover half a dozen tomes that are identical to the one that lead you to the Taper of the Frozen Flame.

"Lead" should be "led" since it is past tense.

The Arachnos Agent Day Job badge description has the incorrect text for both the progress meter and after earning the badge as a Villain/Rogue.  The progress meter's description is currently using the description the badge should have after earning it as a Villain/Rogue while the description after earning it is using the Hero/Vigilante description instead.  The progress meter as a Hero/Vigilante and the description for the badge after earning it are both correct.

Villain Progress Meter

image.jpeg.4eac6de4afb2e0028d170b786421d1ef.jpeg

Villain Earned

image.jpeg.c1e6e54bf3173066bdeba9ccdce74de6.jpeg

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Another BOSS_DISPLAYINFO, this time it's the Slag Golem guarding Captain Stuardi in the Rouge Tip Mission to...save Captain Stuardi from the Slag Golem's Brain tip.

image.jpeg.4a4686acf6da750221a3c36fe13c8aa1.jpeg

1 hour ago, 4th.survivor said:

confirmed this is still around, found this myself

image.png.e1aec94b50842f82d488dd809d30607c.png

The developer who deals with typos puts a like on your post to say they've seen it. They've not seen my post yet :).

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

In Harvey Maylor's "Upon the Psychic Plane" arc, you retrieve the Bands of Shu, then do two missions to prepare them before he sends you to Penelope Yin to charge them. When you talk to her, she has this dialog:

Yindialog.png.1774d34a019d27894ee6e2f53371e41c.png

Shu is, unfortunately, male, the brother and spouse of the goddess Tefnut, although he did have the duty of holding the sky and earth apart -- the Egyptians believed that if Shu did not hold Nut (sky) and Geb (Earth) apart there would be no way for physically-manifest life to exist (Nut was the daughter of Shu and Tefnut; the Greek pantheon had nothing on the Egyptian one for... close... relations between deities). The dialog text should properly be updated to reference Shu's correct gender.

On 4/26/2024 at 6:54 PM, VeiledOwl said:

Billie Heck's mission 'Get reward from warehouse' has a Hellion boss say 'Who's that? Taken 'em down!' when they spot you instead of 'Take 'em down!'

Or perhaps "Takin' 'em down!", if it was supposed to be a declaration of action rather than an order. Your version is more likely, though.

Something I just happened to notice was the description for the Archmage badge:

illusionist.jpg.8c65efdf2db8800c4f4dc647877b3c13.jpg

The badge for defeating the Phantasms, Dark Servants, and Illusionists summoned by the Carnival of Shadows Master Illusionists is "Illusionist", not 'Illusionists'; it needs to lose the terminal 's'.

Posted (edited)

Mission "Rescue Dr. Walker" from the tip "Get Rich Quick" (Rouge > Hero in Paragon City, level 30-39 range).  Shock Treatment's fight banter has her complaining about how she hates it "when [her] toys brake before [she's] done with them."  It should be "I hate it when my toys break before i'm done with them."

image.jpeg.bc90eacb69c0a2fa7d4a21aad5b28626.jpeg

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Posted (edited)

In the Costume editor, when hovering over the Back button while saving a costume or power customization, the pop-text says "ReturnString" instead of "Back" or "Cancel".  It properly says "Cancel" when loading a costume/powers.

image.jpeg.d9bd88853afbd21bd22c5828a0d70400.jpeg

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Dr Aeon SF. Very last bit, talking do Arbiter Daos..

Under Aeon's orders or not, you've mettled in interdimensional affairs. This is not something Arachnos takes lightly.

It should be meddled..not mettled.