Report Typos Here!

Widower

On 10/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, srmalloy said:

Not that it makes much difference, except to the people creating popmenus and then trying to figure out why they don't work, but in the Earth Control powerset, the tier 8 power "Volcanic Gasses", 'Gases' is the proper plural of 'Gas', not 'gasses'; one 's', not two.

It's actually either. Both forms are correct.

Clue in the last mission of Luke Larson's arc:

ahdtake.png.936a87f722b456dcdc0fb23d8c675296.png

Unnecessary apostrophe in "Destroyer's", and the last bit should presumably read "Paingod had taken Tunnel Rat". I'm also not sure if "Fixadine Den" needs a capital D.

Edited by Tatterhood
  • Like 1

With Efficiency Expert Pither

His description has:

"Working for Mr. Pither can earn you the Efficiency Expert badge by completing all his timed missions successfully.  You must succeed at all the timed missions and be the Mission owner, or use the Mission Autocomplete feature, to earn the badge.  Simply helping another villain complete these missions will not earn you the badge."

This is no longer the case since a helper can earn the badge.

• Like 1

When typing /respec with no respecs available, this outdated message appears:

You do not have any free respecs remaining. Please check with Jack Wolfe in Atlas Park to claim earned respecs.

I noticed this is confusing some new and returning players. It's misleading on Homecoming, /respec works with any respec, regardless of how you got it.

A message that simply says "You do not have any respecs remaining." would be more helpful. Optionally, a hint on how to get more respecs.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Two from Seer 1381's arc:

stationr.png.40d72d363a5e1485fee0dec53b759e81.png

Simple typo ("stationr") in the chat message for this glowy in the first mission.

anotherone.png.b30a340d664bd129866cf464ec9cce83.png

Missing space in the description for the third mission.

Edited by Tatterhood
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 2:35 PM, drdread said:

Montague forgot my name. After I went out of my way to save Percy!

spacer.png

But seriously, seems like it's just missing the tag variable before PlayerName .

This was the greeting for the Travel to Cimerora questline.

edit: D'oh! Seems linke I'm not the only one who noticed.

I was going to report this one today, but searched first, but just wanted to note that this one is still live as of 1/10/24.

Global: @Reiska, both here and back on live.

I was Erika Shimomura and Nagare Yuki on Virtue during the Live era.

Now I play on Everlasting. 🙂

Did a search for Unity but didn't see any entries for the Unity Plague, so am making this post.

In the first mission for the Unity Plague from Jenny Firkins, the mission brief to accept the first mission says:

"The Unity Plague A group of scientists are under attack by the Devouring Earth. They're doing critical work towards understanding and maybe even reversing the process that the creatures uses to convert people into their own kind. I need you to rescue those scientists from the Devouring Earth, <character name>. If we are ever to defeat the Devouring Earth forever, we cannot afford to lose these researchers."

The statement "the creatures uses" should be "the creatures use".

Incandescant's Greeting in Peregrine Island.

I'm fairly certain someone forgot the 'to' in the sentence, but the way it is written has a certain amount of comedic connotation. "It is up each one of us..."

The Night Ward repeatable mission contacts, Atherton Cromwell and Sir Lionel, have an error in their text for players level 24 or under.

Atherton Cromwell:

Sorry there, Character Name, but you're going to have to be more powerful, say around security level 30, if we're going to make money together.

Sir Lionel:

You are not powerful enough to fight back the chaos of this place, Character Name. Return when you are at least Security Level 30.

Both should say 25 instead of 30. Their level range is 25-40.

Speaking of Night Ward, the TUNNEL fast travel dialog has an outdated level range for Night Ward:

Night Ward: 30-39

Night Ward was lowered to 25-30 at some point before 2019. It should say "Night Ward: 25-30".

11 hours ago, Captain Fabulous said:

Sentinel/Electric Mastery/Havoc Punch

The comparison to Charged Brawl is also misplaced in Electric Mastery, as Sentinels don't have access to that power.

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

On 12/21/2023 at 8:30 PM, The Caretaker said:

Well, I hope you're happy.

CUMULATIVE NOTES

Cumulative notes:

Typo correction log:

I LOVE the detailed notes!  Thank you for the work and letting us know what was fixed!

Toxic Web Grenade in Devices refers to the webs produced as 'tenuous' (weak, uncertain), but it probably should be 'tenacious' (firm, sturdy) given that they're called 'VERY sticky' and 'STRONG' in the same sentence.

All instances of "ninjitsu," particularly in the powerset of the same name, should be "ninjutsu."

Basically the only martial art where the "-jitsu" construction is appropriate is "Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu" (where it's speculated that the spelling error is deliberate to make it easier to trademark).

Wiki reference: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Mission:Anton_Sampson_-_Check_out_the_cave_Nemesis_mentioned#Defeat_all_villains_in_safehouse

In Anton Sampson's mission SL7_Nemesis_Compound2, for the third and final task, Azuria sends the player character to a warehouse. Enemies in the front of the warehouse have the following dialogue:

"Will he come?"

"Of course. Azuria is so predictable."

In this context, the "he" is the player character. But "he" is the wrong pronoun if the player character is female. (I tested this with both a male and a female hero.) The enemy should say "he" or "she" depending on the player character's body type.

Edited by Kai Moon
mission ID

Redside:

In the villain newspaper mission 'Kidnap Larry Degner' the briefing starts:  'Yuk. The Council injected some poor sap with an experimental drug. He escaped and wound up in a hospital, then whacked and orderly and escaped again.' 'And orderly' should be 'an'. 

In the Steel Canyon Mayhem mission, when you move beyond Stardusk's follow range, she says: "This place is a maze. Now where is that exit&". The ampersand should be a question mark.

Blueside:

Random Vampyri lying in ambush near the Unsubtle exploration badge in Brickstown at night: "You're powers are no match for my undying thirst!". Should be 'Your'.

Brickstown PPD officer confronting the Council around Abyss Towers:  "Your silly games with the 5th column end here and now, Council!". Column should be capitalized.

Mission ID: SL7_Council_Errand1

Wiki reference: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Mission:Colleen_Nelson_-_Go_to_Brickstown_and_convince_the_Council_agents_to_get_their_jollies_elsewhere

Version: Issue 27 Page 7 test server

The mission description says "I need you to get over to the Brickstown and convince those Council agents...". The mission selection text says "Go to the Brickstown and convince the Council agents..." Both should say "Brickstown" instead of "the Brickstown".

the-brickstown.webp

Mission ID: SL7_Rikti_Errand1

Wiki reference: https://homecoming.wiki/wiki/Mission:Steven_Sheridan_-_Go_to_Crey's_Folly_and_defeat_as_many_Rikti_as_you_can

Version: Issue 27 Page 7 test server

The mission description says "I need you to get over to the Crey's Folly and defeat...". The mission selection text says "Go to the Crey's Folly and defeat...". Both should say "Crey's Folly" instead of "the Crey's Folly".

The navigation text for the mission says "Defeat Rikti Crey's Folly". It should say "Defeat Rikti in Crey's Folly".

rikti-creys-folly.webp

Tanker: Kinetic Melee: Quick Strike

Description seems to be cut/pasted from Ice Melee ("Frozen Fists encrusts your hands in Ice")

none of the other versions of Kinetic Melee seem to have this text error.

It's spelled "your character can use as they level up". Without "to".

Also, in the sentence below, there should be a comma after the phrase "In general".

I don't know if this was posted before, I apologize if It's a repost.

Untitled.thumb.png.3e399a56997857f70874fc8ae6060ffe.png

image.png.1272a96b8703331e573d3a8f3869c142.png

after all these years, i rolled my first warshade! and what should i find on the first encounter with my warshade contact? a typo! it says... "And now that you've experience..." rather than "experienced". 😎

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz