I Love Knockback  

97 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about knockback?

• Love (Keep it as is)
    • Love (Tweaks would be okay)
    • Hate (Get rid of it)
    • Hate (Tweaks would be okay)
    • Wish it was knockdown instead
    • Players should be able to toggle it as wanted/needed.

Immobilize and Holds mess with enemy movement, preventing them from being packet and herded to corners.

Repells displace enemies too.

Stuns make enemies wonder around and no longer be in range.

Because all those mess with my optimal play, I demand a toggle that makes all crowd control status effects be replaced by nasty -ToHit!

/sarcasm

Edited by Super Homer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Random thought: if I could change knockback, more than anything else, I'd make knockback/knock up due additional smashing damage based on how much if overcomes a target's protection against such things. It always felt silly sometimes when you knock a baddie back, especially off a ledge, they get back up and their fine. But this way you send them flying (like say you have mag 10 KB and they have 0 protection) and they are going to sting from it.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Super Homer said:

Immobilize and Holds mess with enemy movement, preventing them from being packet and herded to corners.

Repells displace enemies too.

Stuns make enemies wonder around and no longer be in range.

Because all those mess with my optimal play, I demand a toggle that makes all crowd control status effects be replaced by nasty -ToHit!

/sarcasm

One time I just happened to use my aoe immobilize at the right moment when the Blaster used Nova and the enemies flew back and we're also immobilized scattered. It was glorious. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

18 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

One time I just happened to use my aoe immobilize at the right moment when the Blaster used Nova and the enemies flew back and we're also immobilized scattered. It was glorious. 

That's actually happened a few more times than I like to admit, which is why I like to slot SA KB2KD in Nova now.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

It depends on the power. It's annoying having to use an IO slot to get rid of it.  However in something like hurricane which has a repel anyway KB is actually more useful than KD.  Hurricane is there for herding mobs into the AOE killzone and can be used to great effect.  It can of course be misused but the same can be said of most control powers.

I would not want KB removed from Hurricane but from other powers switching it to KD would be good.  KD also provides damage mitigation.  

42 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Also stop confusing moral highgroundery with common decency

Meaningless semantics in the context of this discussion. 

The only reason to attempt to make such a distinction here is to frame the discussion in a way to make it more appealing to people to accomplish the goal of guilting people to play how you want despite what they want. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Finding new teams and slotting KB to KD are meaningful solutions. If I want a power to recharge faster, I slot for it. If I don't like my team, I find a new one. Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one. 

the purpose of this discussion is so that nobody HAS to do either of those things. Its ok if you want to make those choices but forcing others to do the same is.......well.....anyway uh

how about making the overwhelming force set non unique? any thoughts?

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

58 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Finding new teams and slotting KB to KD are meaningful solutions. If I want a power to recharge faster, I slot for it. If I don't like my team, I find a new one. Sometimes the simplest solution is the right one. 

Or add in a toggle to change KB to KD.

The KB to KD IOs are currently in the 5m-11m range.  To new players (or people with crippling altitis) this is not a feasible solution.

Not to mention having the extra slot to allow for it.

9 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

The KB to KD IOs are currently in the 5m-11m range.  To new players (or people with crippling altitis) this is not a feasible solution.

1. If you’re paying 11 mil (or over 4) for this io, then I have a bridge for sale. 
2. inf is easy

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

Thankfully the toggle idea has a lot of resistance. Because some people, and I feel you're one of them, will insist people use it even if they don't want to. 

Of the other reasons, only the new player reason holds any real weight. If you want your power to do something specific, it has a slot cost just like damage, recharge, etc. That's fair. Influence and merits are easily attained, so slotting every character is absolutely possible. 

The only way a toggle would be fair is if it set all KB mag to zero and locked it there. A global KB to KD toggle is asinine. But if someone is willing to lose KD as well, then I say go for it. That would be a fair price for a toggle. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

Thankfully the toggle idea has a lot of resistance.

This is from the vocal minority.  Many people who play the game do not even visit the forums, even fewer still visit for anything outside of patch notes

Also go check out the FOTM sticky thread over in General, high Knockback sets are rare

And if turning on said toggle is "too much" for the vocal minority then let us follow the advice you made a few posts ago

4 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

If a teammates playstyle is annoying, kick them or find a new team.

25 minutes ago, kelika2 said:

This is from the vocal minority.  Many people who play the game do not even visit the forums, even fewer still visit for anything outside of patch notes

Also go check out the FOTM sticky thread over in General, high Knockback sets are rare

And if turning on said toggle is "too much" for the vocal minority then let us follow the advice you made a few posts ago

This is a you problem, the adjustment to be made is on your side. I'm more confident than ever that you're one of those people that would insist teammates use such a toggle. And people like you are why it won't happen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MunkiLord said:

This is a you problem, the adjustment to be made is on your side. I'm more confident than ever that you're one of those people that would insist teammates use such a toggle. And people like you are why it won't happen. 

There are 2-7 others on a team

if one knockback/scatter person is throwing a tantrum it is not a me problem especially in most cases i can remove them from the group people a vast majority of people hate forming groups

People who throw tantrums like that are the reason we need a knockback toggle.

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

actually the summer blockbuster awards a KB-IO for free if you are of appropriate level and are lucky

Even if you're unlucky, you can use converters on the set to get what you want.  That's what I did.  *shrug*

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

10 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

strawmans argument.

This game has always been, is, and most likely will always be heavily customizable. Its one of the things we all most likely agree that we love about the game. All we are asking for is more options. If your play KB well you will never get any complaints. If you play KB poorly you will get complaints whether there is a change or not. Regardless if your stance on the whole KB-KD issue the one thing i think we can all agree on is the set Sudden acceleration needs a fix. It provides a ton of KB and then takes it all away. Maybe improving this set will bridge the gap between the two camps

The issue is, you have options.  You just want your cake while shoving if down your gullet.

The thing is, the KB>KD proc is already pushing things.  It breaks certain powers and sets that nothing is done to balance in the reverse.

You should be thankful you have the proc.  And if you don't like the enhancement values of the set, then obviously don't slot it.  Uniques and procs have a tendency of being slotting without their whole sets....not all the time but some of the time.

4 hours ago, kelika2 said:

Also stop confusing moral highgroundery with common decency

It goes both ways though (which is what he was describing).  Like, if I was on your team with one of my Stalkers and you decide to kick a person using KB, do you tell the rest of the team?

If you do, I'd drop the team namely out of avoiding unnecessary drama (because people that uptight tend to have drama on their heels constantly).  The point is, drumming up drama over something as mundane as needing to use a couple extra ST attacks seems very petty.  A person with common decency saves kicking a person for things that are actually detrimental such as harassment or offensive actions/situations. 

Oh, and that drama could be an offensive situation, especially if the person is actually learning how to use their set and it's knockback.  You're just pissing in peoples cheerios and calling it courtesy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2