Mastermind Primary Powers

syneti

Hi mastermind really need more primary sets too choose from.

You have the elements you could use in conjunction with other elemental sets. Example Necromancy uses dark attacks.

You could use ise golems with icicle attacks. Demons cover fire. Psychic could even be used power of the mind to create psychic constructs whilst barraging with the mind.

Basically Mastermind lack choices

• Like 1

It's been said (or more to the point:  claimed) that a Mastermind Primary is analogous to an amount of work equivalent to three to seven "regular" Power Sets.

I am 100,000% in favour of more Mastermind Sets, but until something changes in the development process, we are regrettably less likely to see them than other content.

Not trying to be a Debbie Downer, of course.  Just getting this little rant out of the way before someone significantly more negative goes ahead and craps all over other people's dreams.

NOW THEN!  With -that- out of the way:  Yes please!  More Mastermind Primaries!

I'd like to see something like "an alien invaders" Set.  Get some Neo-Shivans and Khledian Henchpets to devastate your opponents!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Making *new pets from scratch* sure, but what about organizing controller pets into a set?

Other than Demons and Beasts, all other sets use recycled animation rigs. Humanoid enemies would be far easier to work with at least since they have the largest amount of animations.

I made a post HERE with one of the ideas for a Mastermind primary that could be made using 100% existing technology.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 2

Oh, the complaints are generally in regard to ensuring that the Henchpets are all balanced appropriate for DPS and Controls/(De)Buffs/Utilities.  That sort of thing.  Just making the new graphical assets isn't (according to legend) the "really hard part."

I'm of the mind; make 'em and scale 'em all to underperform out of the gate.  The people who want to play them for concept will play them regardless.  If they're really underperforming severely enough, then go ahead and do a pass to upgrade them.  But given the state of this game and the concepts of "balance" and "challenge," I'd sooner want interesting content getting banged out rather than withering on the vine for the sake of perfection.

You know what type of character Mastermind doesn't cover well at the moment? Medieval-themed Masterminds that aren't necromancers or demon worshippers. I want to be able to summon Archers and Knights to defend the Mastermind, maybe a faith-powered Paladin that can heal allies as well. It's not something that can't be done, since powers for all three of those do exist in the game (Archery for Archers, obviously, Broadsword +Shield for Knights, War Mace and a few Empathy powers for the Paladin), plus they'd all be humanoid meaning they can just reuse all the same animations and whatnot, it's just something I'd find fun to use. Infeasible, maybe, given the workload required to make even just one MM powerset, not to mention balancing, but I personally do feel like it'd be worthwhile.

(Oh, and by the way, spoilers, I like Medieval-themed things too much for my own good.)

• Thanks 1

Alternatively, do something other than Rocky for that Elementals set, like a storm elemental....

Then use Rocky and the plant one, and something else, to make a Devouring Earth set!

EDIT:  So Fire Control gets 3 pets, Electric Control gets 2, so those would make sense also for the tier 1 and 2 pets, maybe? 

Edited by Menelruin
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

Honestly, a "Warriors" theme is well overdue with all the weapon sets we got

Have a broadsword, axe, and mace user as the T1s, archers as the T2s, and maybe some sort of titan weapon or staff user as the "big guy" T3.

• Like 2

Let's just look at the factions in-game to determine what other Mastermind sets could be good:

Something Freakshow'esque.  Cyber-anarchists . . . one might even say Cyber-Punks!

Something Outcasty.  Elemental powers.

Something monstrous like Arachnoids, Warwolves, Vampyr, etc.  Could also work as mutants.

Something Redcap'y.  Little eye-stabbing murder-gnomes!

Something Circle of Thorn'y.  Various magi with various powers.

And, of course, Carnies.  But Clown Mastermind has been one of the most often requested Sets since CoV Beta.

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 8:07 AM, MetaVileTerror said:

It's been said (or more to the point:  claimed) that a Mastermind Primary is analogous to an amount of work equivalent to three to seven "regular" Power Sets.

Yes, this unfortunately.  But if we're wishing for ponies, MM customization is high on the list. 

I'd like to see some sets based on groups and ideas from the game itself.  Like an Agent set, with guys and gals in black suits and martial arts and ray guns.  Maybe another set with guys with longbows (isn't there a group like that in game?  I think so, and I don't mean literally Longbow).  Beasts needs a few other options, like a set with bears and stags or some such.  Possibly other sets too, like I'm not opposed to making a Longbow and/or a Vanguard set. 

Really any group in the game (Arachnos, Car. of Shadows, Crey, etc.) might be appreciated by someone as a MM set.