Where is the fog of war info stored?

carroto

Been doing a lot of struggling getting the game working out of safe mode on my system, which involved making numerous copies of my install directory.  Now that it's working I logged into a character and the fog of war on all my maps is reset.  I thought that was stored locally and would be copied with everything else.  It doesn't seem to be server-side, since it's also reset when I log on from another system.  Where is that info, and can I copy it over?

5 hours ago, carroto said:

Well I tend to use it as an indicator of where I've been, including getting exploration badges and such, so I don't want it all cleared.

I do the same thing, but then once I've acquired all of the exploration/history badges for a zone I use reveal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Thank you.  Have now included that entire directory in my overnight back-ups.

FYI, my full path was   C:\Users\(my login name)\AppData\Local\NCSoft\CoX\VisitedMaps

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

Thanks for finding that!  I bought my own computer recently, so all my Fog of War data was on my spouse's computer, and not saved on a per-character basis.  It's been annoying to try to remember to hit Reveal on characters who I had thought I had already uncovered every map with.

Now to copy that data over and hope it doesn't melt my game!

Oh the days of flying/running while cloaked just to clear the fog. :p

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)