Replace or change repair for Bots MM

So, Repair is the single most useless Mastermind Primary power. There's no reason to take it at all, aid other is a genuinely better skill to use. 

If repair were changed to a PBAOE heal + buff, it would be worth taking. If repair took pet sets and could be used to mule defense uniques the same way that other primary powers like hell on earth do, it would be more worth taking. Just opening it up to allow pet sets alone would at least give bots a mule power to match several other sets. It would help with pet slotting quite a bit. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, TheSpiritFox said:

So, Repair is the single most useless Mastermind Primary power. There's no reason to take it at all, aid other is a genuinely better skill to use. 

If repair were changed to a PBAOE heal + buff, it would be worth taking. If repair took pet sets and could be used to mule defense uniques the same way that other primary powers like hell on earth do, it would be more worth taking. Just opening it up to allow pet sets alone would at least give bots a mule power to match several other sets. It would help with pet slotting quite a bit. 

Yeah repair is utter garbage and one of the reasons why Bots/Traps has to spec into Aid Other since it's secondary lacks any proper insta-healing effects...that and Aid Other is far more effective IMO than repair.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DR_Mechano said:

Yeah repair is utter garbage and one of the reasons why Bots/Traps has to spec into Aid Other since it's secondary lacks any proper insta-healing effects...that and Aid Other is far more effective IMO than repair.

Given that bots are the lowest ST dps primary overall and takes the longest to chew down bosses and the like, I feel like it would be fair to make bots the tankiest set. Make repair into an AOE heal that heals 50% of a bot's health and gives 10s of +10% resistance or something. Put it on a 30 second cooldown and make it accept pet sets so it can mule uniques. Suddenly it's worth taking. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Given that bots are the lowest ST dps primary overall and takes the longest to chew down bosses and the like, I feel like it would be fair to make bots the tankiest set.

You know, I've always felt the intent with the launch MM pets was for all of them to have sort of their own roles. Bots were supposed to be a tanky MM set, Zombies were control/debuff/exotic mechanics, Ninjas should be highest DPS, and Mercs would have been 'the jack of all trades, master of none'. I mean, they don't function like it but that's how I imagine the original intent was.

4 hours ago, Razor Cure said:

Maybe bots dont have the best DPS, BUT they are also one of teh best for taking down AVs solo. All those lasers just pile on the -regen like mad.

But yes, Repair sucks.

they are good for AV crunching, admittedly, but all their -regen is solely from the assault bot, along with a nice DoT patch to go on top of it, but in the end, that assault bot goes down and you just have to pray the rest of the bots' defenses are high enough and the AV's been smacked with enough tohit and damage debuff from seeker drones.

18 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

How dare you say it's the worst power when serum exists

I dunno, I've heard some people come up with effective combos with serum, like using the poison tier9 and possibly sonic resonance.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheSpiritFox said:

Given that bots are the lowest ST dps primary overall and takes the longest to chew down bosses and the like, I feel like it would be fair to make bots the tankiest set. Make repair into an AOE heal that heals 50% of a bot's health and gives 10s of +10% resistance or something. Put it on a 30 second cooldown and make it accept pet sets so it can mule uniques. Suddenly it's worth taking. 

I wouldn't object to this, making it 30 second baseline cooldown as a 50% AoE heal even without the resistance buff. This allows Bots/Traps to spec out of the medicine pool AND like you said, if it accepts pet sets suddenly it becomes way more useful, heck even desirable to be taken. Currently it's a power almost everyone skips because it's just bad...

I feel like if any power(s) are going to break Cottage Rule, it's going to be Serum and/or Repair.  To be fair to Repair, you can still have it be a power that's meant to further boost the survivability of your Bots as opposed to something completely different.  Though I feel even without Repair, once the powerset comes into its own at high level Bots are easily the most survivable pets.  I guess, if nothing else, if Repair actually healed ALL of your Bots much like how Upgrades boost all your pets at once.  

"You can release a small swarm of nanites that can Repair all Robot Henchmen to full health and restore some of their Endurance.  This power only works on your Robot Henchmen.  Recharge: Slow"

At the very least it'd make for a good panic button and if it's a full-party full-heal then it'd justify the long cooldown.  I don't even think that'd violate Cottage Rule.  It performs the exact same function, just to your full squad instead of just one Robot which feels pointless.  

Edit:  I take it back.  Bots is one of the best Pet powersets.  Before you do anything to Bots, please buff Mercs.

PLEASE GOD BUFF MERCS.

Edited by dangeraaron10

5 hours ago, dangeraaron10 said:

I feel like if any power(s) are going to break Cottage Rule, it's going to be Serum and/or Repair.  To be fair to Repair, you can still have it be a power that's meant to further boost the survivability of your Bots as opposed to something completely different.  Though I feel even without Repair, once the powerset comes into its own at high level Bots are easily the most survivable pets.  I guess, if nothing else, if Repair actually healed ALL of your Bots much like how Upgrades boost all your pets at once.  

"You can release a small swarm of nanites that can Repair all Robot Henchmen to full health and restore some of their Endurance.  This power only works on your Robot Henchmen.  Recharge: Slow"

At the very least it'd make for a good panic button and if it's a full-party full-heal then it'd justify the long cooldown.  I don't even think that'd violate Cottage Rule.  It performs the exact same function, just to your full squad instead of just one Robot which feels pointless.  

Edit:  I take it back.  Bots is one of the best Pet powersets.  Before you do anything to Bots, please buff Mercs.

PLEASE GOD BUFF MERCS.

Give Medic AoE too, oh, and all mercs should have Body Armor.

• Like 3

On 1/26/2020 at 9:01 PM, Galaxy Brain said:

How dare you say it's the worst power when serum exists

You're imagining things - there is no power named "Serum".

On an unrelated note, the Mercs primary needs a ninth power to bring it in line with other MM primaries.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, biostem said:

Reduce the cooldown, reduce the heal amount, and allow it to work on any friendly target.

I wonder if it would be possible to make it an AOE heal for the MM's own bots, but single target for other friendlies?  That would be cool.

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

6 hours ago, biostem said:

As is the case with powers in empathy, thermal, and any other set with a single target ally-only heal. Most importantly, however, it wouldn't have any interrupt.

Yeah but that would be still just as pointless to take overall. Aid other lets you heal more than your bots and you can make it uninterruptable if you want. An AOE heal/buff would be actually useful. 

44 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

How about Repair can be cast on Defeated Robot Henchpets, and bring them back.  Or trigger a Malta-style Mecha-fushion?

There are plenty of options.

I change my vote give me a power that turns all my bots into a Chronos Titan for 2 mins please devs. 

On 1/26/2020 at 12:39 PM, TheSpiritFox said:

The problem with this is that Bots/FF is already tanky AF, so adding anything more in short of Incarnate power is going to make it OP (probably).  I would just go with make Repair into a much better robot only heal (or make it the same as Aid Other and it works on everyone) and not add anything else.   (OK maybe add a small amount of Mez / CC protection or something small like that.)

Here I am thinking that most Level 18 MM powers could be reworked.  As Necromancer, I'm not a fan of mine.  Serum could use work.  Repair could use work.  Smoke flash could use work.

Thugs is fun though, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone agrees with that.

The huge difference in power also comes with ones those that give minions, and those that don't.  Even if I'm not a fan of Necromancy, I can at least dump all my aura enhancements in it. 

Granted, I think MM's should have a free passive slot to throw in aura mods, just cause of how much they are required, but really restricts the builds you can do.  But that is a dream, so whatever.  At hte least, all MM 18 powers should allow aura's, and that would greatly empower them.

Edited by FracturedX

2 hours ago, gameboy1234 said:

The problem with this is that Bots/FF is already tanky AF, so adding anything more in short of Incarnate power is going to make it OP (probably).  I would just go with make Repair into a much better robot only heal (or make it the same as Aid Other and it works on everyone) and not add anything else.   (OK maybe add a small amount of Mez / CC protection or something small like that.)

Not a chance. /FF is a below average mastermind set. It brings more defense to the table than you need without really any heals, other buffs, or debuffs to the set. Lots of MM sets are tanky as fuck. My demons/nature soloed +0x1 Master of ITF. The ONLY thing /FF really offers is being tanky as fuck compared to alot of other sets, and even then /traps and /time are tankier than /ff is with the healing they bring to the table and the debuffs. /FF really hurts from it's lack of ability to enhance bot damage in any significant way. My bots/traps is way tankier than any /ff build. Caltrops and seekers make a ton of difference, and even the anemic healing of triage beacon is better than nothing. Esp with aid pool helping. 

12 hours ago, FracturedX said:

Here I am thinking that most Level 18 MM powers could be reworked.  As Necromancer, I'm not a fan of mine.  Serum could use work.  Repair could use work.  Smoke flash could use work.

Thugs is fun though, and I'm pretty sure almost everyone agrees with that.

The huge difference in power also comes with ones those that give minions, and those that don't.  Even if I'm not a fan of Necromancy, I can at least dump all my aura enhancements in it. 

Granted, I think MM's should have a free passive slot to throw in aura mods, just cause of how much they are required, but really restricts the builds you can do.  But that is a dream, so whatever.  At hte least, all MM 18 powers should allow aura's, and that would greatly empower them.

Alternately, let the attacks slot the mastermind ATO's.

Really, pet scaling needs a review. Make them equal level to the mastermind, so they arent useless on high level content. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Alternately, let the attacks slot the mastermind ATO's.

Really, pet scaling needs a review. Make them equal level to the mastermind, so they arent useless on high level content. 

Agreed.  ANd I'd be fine with attacks taking MM ATO's.  Cept the attack itself is kinda useless then?  But whatever, better than nothing.  Pets need all the help they can get, especially for survival.  

Also, Mercs should 100% have an artillery strike that disorients enemies or something as their 18.

Edited by Klaleara
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Klaleara said:

Agreed.  ANd I'd be fine with attacks taking MM ATO's.  Cept the attack itself is kinda useless then?  But whatever, better than nothing.  Pets need all the help they can get, especially for survival.  

Also, Mercs should 100% have an artillery strike that disorients enemies or something as their 18.

The attacks would be pretty good with a 6 slotted MM ATO! Well, good for masterminds. Superior Command of the Mastermind basically hits 100% on damage/recharge/endurance reduction and 90% on accuracy. Superior Mark of Supremacy hits 90% accuracy and 100% damage and endurance reduction. The massive reduction in end would help make the attacks actually usable. 

• Like 3