War Witch slurping and gulping down her tea needs to stop!

Ignis Spinae

As the title says listening to War Witch and her friend the P2W vendor slurping down their tea and then gulping it while trying to conduct business in Pocket D is infuriating. Please take that emote off of them please so that I can level up my toon or buy stuff from P2W in peace! I literally leave and go to a regular zone to use a trainer because it's that awful and completely unnecessary! Thank you

• Haha 1

It's been a complaint since Legacy. The duration between the slurps definitely should be extended (just like a bunch of pets howls), but at least you solve the issue on your side. It's one of the sounds in the game I have silenced rather than replaced with something more tolerable.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Because War Witch ... spacer.png

... is War Witch ... spacer.png

... and the (nigh constant) slurping of her drink is something that the original dev team at Paragon Studios put in as an inside joke/dig at the developer due to her ... shall we say ... "drinking habits" ... in the office.

I first posted this answer on 29 Aug 2019 ...

• Like 2

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I know the history behind the noise she makes, and you know what? I don't care. 

It's damned annoying and it obviously bothers enough people that silencing it ought to be considered. "History" is all fine and good, but not at the point when it becomes actively obnoxious.

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

4 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

I know the history behind the noise she makes, and you know what? I don't care. 

It's damned annoying and it obviously bothers enough people that silencing it ought to be considered. "History" is all fine and good, but not at the point when it becomes actively obnoxious.

Whoa.

So um, there are plenty of places not near Slurpy McSlurperson to do yo' bi'nazz, yo.

So I kinda *shrug* and "eh" at your not caring. Sorry homeskillet, no vote.

Rock on slurp witch!

• Like 1

There are other Trainers you can interact with who are silent.  You don't HAVE TO go to War Witch in Pocket D for those services.

Heck, there's even a SILENT(!!) version of War Witch to be found in Croatoa if you absolutely HAVE TO use War Witch for your Trainer services.

As for being annoying to hear her slurping all the time ... try standing farther away from her.  There's a LOT of room in Pocket D in which you can conduct your business/RP.  You don't HAVE TO stand right next to her all the time if you don't like listening to her.  However, if your feet are nailed to the floor beside her, I know who to give my sympathy/pity to ... and it's going to be War Witch for the way you're crowding her space and complaining about it on the forums here.

• Haha 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

2 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

There are other Trainers you can interact with who are silent.  You don't HAVE TO go to War Witch in Pocket D for those services.

Heck, there's even a SILENT(!!) version of War Witch to be found in Croatoa if you absolutely HAVE TO use War Witch for your Trainer services.

As for being annoying to hear her slurping all the time ... try standing farther away from her.  There's a LOT of room in Pocket D in which you can conduct your business/RP.  You don't HAVE TO stand right next to her all the time if you don't like listening to her.  However, if your feet are nailed to the floor beside her, I know who to give my sympathy/pity to ... and it's going to be War Witch for the way you're crowding her space and complaining about it on the forums here.

*Giggle*

Also, down volume.

• 4 weeks later

I spend a LOT of time in Pocket D. There are amenities right close together to include AE, trainers, P2W, tailor, base access, and on Indomitable we launch incarnate trials from there daily. I can use whatever trainer wherever I want and yes it's annoying listening to her gulp. I don't enjoy standing next to her while I train and it's stupid. As for a feature I'd like can we get ring mistress backpacks in the tailor please?!

• Haha 1