I'd love to be able to store notes with a character

As someone who gets a bit zany with the Alt thing, a QoL feature I'd really like would be some ability to store notes with a character, preferably accessible from the character selection screen.

This could include things like:

• Development plans (hey, this character really needs a travel power; I want to add slots to power X next time I can; when I respect, I want to drop X and add in Y; once I get more influence, the next thing I want to do is purchase these recipes)
  • Activity plans (going after Accolade X -- need to do these TFs; this is the character I'm focusing on purchasing stuff for right now)
  • Associations (this toon duos with my wife's character, X)

All this can be done on piece of paper and notebooks and external programs ... but it would be nice to have access to it in-game. And, as just plain text (all I need), it should be cheap, storage-wise, and relatively uncomplicated development-wise.

There's some precedent here -- private notes about other character in their rating screen -- but I would love to have something more robust and easily accessible.

• Like 3

I have vague memories of a similar topic coming up before, but my searching is not showing it up. So know you're not the only one to ask for this kind of thing.

In any case, yeah, there's 'unused' visual real-estate on the character selection screen that it would be nice if there was someway to put personal notes in. To help with selecting which character to play that session.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Well, you DO have your origin blurb.  But that's not really private or anything.

And sending e-mails can be risk, as the game can accidentally corrupt/delete them.

I don't necessarily mind the lack of privacy, though it's more OOC than I'd prefer. It's also only available once you've started up a character.

Doing emails would be even messier.

4 hours ago, three_star_dave said:

I don't necessarily mind the lack of privacy, though it's more OOC than I'd prefer. It's also only available once you've started up a character.

The system you propose, as I understand it, is character based and thus not available until you create a character.

(If you meant it's only available at character creation, that's not true.  There's a menu option (ID?  Character Info?) that takes you to a screen where you can edit the bio.)

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

20 hours ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

The system you propose, as I understand it, is character based and thus not available until you create a character.

(If you meant it's only available at character creation, that's not true.  There's a menu option (ID?  Character Info?) that takes you to a screen where you can edit the bio.)

True, it would be character-based, and thus not available for a character until ... well, the character was created.

Having it an additional tab/vield in the character info (ID?) screen would be fine. The current Description would be in-character. The Notes (what I'm proposing) would be OOC (and not visible, by preference). 

Ideally, it would also be available from the character selection screen. ("Hmmm. Who was I looking to run in a Manticore next time one popped up?").

There are all sorts of reasons and places where being able to keep notes would be great - anything from "Working on completing ITF with this guy" to friend specific notes, (Imagine being able to place notes next to people on your friends list - "Jane Doe is great on TFs, but avoid duos", etc).

23 hours ago, biostem said:

There are all sorts of reasons and places where being able to keep notes would be great - anything from "Working on completing ITF with this guy" to friend specific notes, (Imagine being able to place notes next to people on your friends list - "Jane Doe is great on TFs, but avoid duos", etc).

Actually, for notes about other players/characters, you *can* already do this. You can Add/Edit Notes on characters (including text and star ratings), and the notes are available in the right-click menu on that character, or from the Friends list, or by clicking on their name in the Chat list. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later

I created a popmenu for this purpose. It's not accessible from the character select screen, but I've got all my character builds in there, crafting info, and other various notes.