Is there a trick to earning the badges with Praetorian-specific names?

AboveTheChemist

I am currently using the badge_grant command on the beta server to get the exact spelling of all the badge names (including the male/female/villain/praetorian variants), so that I can make sure my badge menu and the Badger site has the most up-to-date info possible. I've created a Praetorian origin character but when I use the badge_grant command with him, the badge granted has the hero name, and not the praetorian name. For instance, when I try /badge_grant Medic, the badge I get is called 'Medic' when I expect it to be called 'Do-Gooder'.  I know Do-Gooder exists, but I am not sure what I need to do to be awarded the badge with that specific name. I've never played a Praetorian before so perhaps it is something simple I am missing. I've been able to get all the other variants except the Praetorian variants, so if anyone can steer me in the right direction I would be grateful!

Looking at the badges, seems like the Hero and Villain badges are the same badge with different names that change when you switch sides, while the Praetorian badges are entirely different badges. The command to get Do-Gooder is /badge_grant P_Heal_250K

• Thanks 1

If you "escape" Galaxy City Tutorial before picking an alignment, the game awards you the Praetorian-titled Badges.  HOWEVER, it also locks you out from using Null the Gull.

Not terribly helpful for an already existing character, of course.  For that, you'll need to visit  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/15184-gender-locked-badges/  and try to help us convince the Homecoming Team to unlock all Badge Titles across as gender-models and Alignments.

9 hours ago, Piyerus said:

Looking at the badges, seems like the Hero and Villain badges are the same badge with different names that change when you switch sides, while the Praetorian badges are entirely different badges. The command to get Do-Gooder is /badge_grant P_Heal_250K

Thanks Piyerus! It occurred to me as I was lying in bed this morning that they might be different badges, so thanks for confirming that. I did a quick test this morning before I came in to work and was able to get a Praetorian-specific badge to work. They have their own settitle IDs too, so once I can find all the badge tags in the bin file and assign them to my test characters, I'll run my settitle binds and get the settitle IDs as well.

Trying to remember from the old days,...I had a praetorian origin character that is in rebuild mode now.

The badges you get every 10th level I think are renamed, some of the damage received, heal and hold badges may have alternative names

Defeat badges I believe are not changed for praetorians, Tf/SF/incarnate trial badges aren't changed either.

The enterbase slash command is the quickest and easiest, yes, but may not be around for much longer.  There's also a small window of opportunity whenever you log in (technically zone in) to the Galaxy Tutorial where Powers like Pocket D Teleporter aren't disabled.  It seems to be a periodic application tied to the zone itself, so the length of time you're free from the effect is variably based on the point of time you logged in.  This also disables travel Powers, including the Jump Pack; but that means that you can use it to get on to the roof of the building immediately right of the starting spawn location.  Up there you will find the Tutorial Contact, and you can use the once-per-three-days feature to skip a portion of the tutorial mission.  (This also allows you to fall off the backside of the tower, and explore the terribly spotty map design from underneath.)

How do you get the Jump Pack, on a new toon?

On live, sure, you would get your Accolade powers whenever you made a new character...but I made a new character tonight, and logged into Galaxy City...no Accolade power! (So, no finding this Tutorial Contact that's supposed to be there, and no dropping the Tutorial Missions...or dropping off the backside of the tower to explore the map design.)

To use the base teleport slash command, I would have to be invited into a SG (or invite myself into my own SG, yes?) to get access to the slash command, right?

Jump Pack, and many other very useful Powers, are available at the P2W Vendors (or Transact 4 Victory in Praetoria).  There is one in each Tutorial Zone, starter zone, and in Grandville, Firebase Zulu, and Pocket D.  They're incredibly convenient, but some Powers require Inf to purchase.  You can send in-game emails to your own Global Handle to transfer funds to new characters, though.

The slash command works for ANY base that has a Passcode, since the passcodes expressly make the bases public.  Most Shards have a "Community Base" built by @Shard Warrior and Everlasting has:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Nw-npzUY2NGc6SFoHa1ByWw202gI8DlT0ZDTQwoR7YM/edit#gid=0