City Info Tracker for Homecoming

For those unaware City Info Tracker was a site to track your characters on Live. It went inactive once game servers shutdown however Leandro's private server had their own CIT which means Homecoming coul have their own too if they so choose.

This site was used to track badge progress, influence, salvage, recipes, auctions, enhancements, ae tickets, reward merits. The site would take a picture of your character and upload to your characters profile on CIT

It can track which shards your characters are on. (Indomitable, Everlasting, Torchbearer, ect) In your account tt lists all your characters across all shards in an easy to order list, you could change it based on AT, Shard, Name in alphabetical order, ect.

There were privacy options such as hiding Influence, Global Name as well as characters from your profile.

It also tracked Server wide stats such as how many of each AT were created and existed, top 10 most played powersets, the ratio of heroes to villains, ect.

I would be interested in a Homecoming CIT.

I would guess that it is in their plans to get going at some point now that things are sort of pretending to normalize.

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

CIT is dead. I'm personally guessing the person in charge of CIT was involved with SCORE at the time. He apparently is too lazy to deal with the new servers (seriously, with the reason given, it's not really much of an excuse to not work with the new servers) or he's lying and wants to hide his involvement with the SCORE personal server (which knowing that score had their own CIT seems far more likely).

It should be possible to build a new daemon that queries the data from the running shard and builds CIT-style pages on the server itself.

This would in total be more efficient and simpler than making HeroStats work with the updated clients, given that it relies on reading the memory layout of the running client, and that can change every time the client is recompiled.

It should be possible to build a new daemon that queries the data from the running shard and builds CIT-style pages on the server itself.

This would in total be more efficient and simpler than making HeroStats work with the updated clients, given that it relies on reading the memory layout of the running client, and that can change every time the client is recompiled.

Sounds good

I would be interested in a Homecoming CIT.

I would guess that it is in their plans to get going at some point now that things are sort of pretending to normalize.

Due to the fundamental disconnect (and likely looking to avoid legal issues), the original CIT/Titan group has chosen to remain separate from the existing servers and has no plans to bring back CIT. That said, that doesn't mean somebody Else in the Homecoming community couldn't come up with their own thing. If they Did, then it'd be sooo cool and we'd love to see a mobile friendly version. ;)

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  The City Representative (Info site for all servers)  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 2 years later

Empathy Resurrect.png Resurrect!

I've been trying to keep an eye on this since Homecoming launched and it looks like it's going nowhere. I would like to change that. I have very little programming knowledge and experience (I'm a web designer, so I can make it look pretty, but I can't really make "it"). I do have access to a shared hosting account, and potential access to a personal dedicated server to host a CIT like site/resource. All I really need is to know how. Is there anyway I can just clone CIT and point it at Homecoming? Any programmers out there who just need a server to work with to make this happen?

I want to see this done.

- RC

"As long as everyone is having fun, you're not doing it wrong."